• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Said "It Is Finished"

Nova2216

Well, the general takeaway from this is that the son changed his mind, no? First it was, "I will not," then, "I will."

Are you suggesting that all repentance involves doing the will of God?

Exod 13:17,

And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not [through] the way of the land of the Philistines, although that [was] near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:
Here repentance is the exact opposite. They went from following God to thinking about not following Him.

Repentance simply means a change of mind. Context determines exactly what that change involved. A change from being one's own lord to making Jesus lord is the epitome of repentance, so repentance is absolutely part and parcel of Romans 10:9-10.

The evil spirits in the pigs confessed Jesus was the Lord but they did not repent Stubbornly they jumped into the sea.

So confession is not repentance.

Those caught up in LAWLESSNESS in (Mt.7:21-23) confessed Jesus as LORD but they did not repent according to the Lord.

Nova2216

The surgeon is the boy's mother. I guess it relates to our discussion, but I'm not sure how.

Very good. You are smarter than the average bear.

Now use that same logic with (Col.1:13).

some were placed into the kingdom in the first century.

TRUE OR FALSE

Nova2216

The evil spirits in the pigs confessed Jesus was the Lord but they did not repent Stubbornly they jumped into the sea.

Those caught up in LAWLESSNESS in (Mt.7:21-23) confessed Jesus as LORD but they did not repent according to the Lord.

rrobs

Matt 7:21,

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
I would imagine this applied to the pigs.

Confession, in and of itself, is meaningless. It depends on what is confessed. Apparently confessing Jesus as Lord is a confession that saves someone.

God looks at the heart. He knows when someone who does Romans 10:9 is sincere and He will save that person. On the other hand, I would guess there are folks out there who were baptized in water but did not have the right heart, did not really know what they were doing, or believe God raised Jesus from the dead. Do you think those people are saved?

rrobs

TRUE OR FALSE
We have been translated into the kingdom of His son.

Is that the same kingdom God promised Israel?

Not all kingdoms are equal. The scriptures speak of several different kingdoms (of God, of Heaven, of His son, et. al.). Context determines the exact meaning.

rrobs

TRUE OR FALSE
Kingdom vs. Church

1 The subjects of the former are spoken of as "inheriting", or as being "heirs of the Kingdom"; but we cannot speak of inheriting or being heirs of "the Church".

2 We read of the possibility of "receiving the Kingdom", but in no sense can any Church be spoken of as being received.

3 We read of "the elders of the Churches", messengers or servants of the Churches, but never of the elders, etc. of the Kingdom.

4 We read of "the children (or sons) of the Kingdom", but the Bible knows nothing of the sons of "the Church".

5 The Kingdom is the one great subject of prophecy; whereas the Church (of the Prison Epistles) is not the subject of prophecy, but, on the contrary, was kept secret, and hidden in God, until the time came for the secret to be revealed. (see Appendix 112. 5).

From Bullinger's Companion Bible - Appendix 113. There is more detail there if you are interested.

Nova2216

The surgeon is the boy's mother. I guess it relates to our discussion, but I'm not sure how.
Kingdom vs. Church

1 The subjects of the former are spoken of as "inheriting", or as being "heirs of the Kingdom"; but we cannot speak of inheriting or being heirs of "the Church".

2 We read of the possibility of "receiving the Kingdom", but in no sense can any Church be spoken of as being received.

3 We read of "the elders of the Churches", messengers or servants of the Churches, but never of the elders, etc. of the Kingdom.

4 We read of "the children (or sons) of the Kingdom", but the Bible knows nothing of the sons of "the Church".

5 The Kingdom is the one great subject of prophecy; whereas the Church (of the Prison Epistles) is not the subject of prophecy, but, on the contrary, was kept secret, and hidden in God, until the time came for the secret to be revealed. (see Appendix 112. 5).

From Bullinger's Companion Bible - Appendix 113. There is more detail there if you are interested.

Does the word of God say some were placed into the kingdom in the first century? (Col.1:13)

YES / NO

Does that verse insist that a kingdom existed in the first century?

YES / NO

Nova2216

Kingdom vs. Church

No thank you, I see what the problem is now.

You will never understand the truth while reading those bibles notes by Mr Bullinger.

You must decide if you are going to follow Mr. Bullinger or Christ.

Later!!!

rrobs

No thank you, I see what the problem is now.

You will never understand the truth while reading those bibles notes by Mr Bullinger.

You must decide if you are going to follow Mr. Bullinger or Christ.

Later!!!
Oh, I see. You can send me external links by people other than Christ and it is OK. But for me it's not OK.

I understand that the scriptures themselves are the sole source of truth, but can you give me specifics on where Bullinger is wrong about the kingdoms?

rrobs

Does the word of God say some were placed into the kingdom in the first century? (Col.1:13)

YES / NO

YES / NO
Which kingdom are you asking about?

rrobs

YES / NO

YES / NO
There must be a king to have a kingdom. How could the Kingdom of Christ have existed before the king was born?

Nova2216

Which kingdom are you asking about?

There is one king.

He has one kingdom.

Some were placed into that kingdom in the first century according to (Col.1:13) (Acts 2:38,47).

Doesn't that mean the kingdom had to exist in the first century?

If not, explain to me how some were placed into that kingdom.

Nova2216

There must be a king to have a kingdom. How could the Kingdom of Christ have existed before the king was born?

Do you not think Christ is reigning now?

Christ was reigning in the first century (Acts 2:30-33).

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The kingdom was established before some of the apostles died. (Mark 9:1)

That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Either the kingdom was established in the first century or there are some original apostles who are some 2000 yrs old walking on earth today.

That POWER came on the day of PENTECOST (Acts 2:1-4).

This is when the kingdom was established. (Acts 2)

The Lord placed some into the church (Acts 2:47)

The church is the kingdom.

That is the only way (Col.1:13) can be true.

Last edited:

74x12

In (John 19:30) Jesus said "it is finished".

Some claim this means man need not do anything to be saved, but then they go on to say you must believe.

Why do I need to believe if Jesus done it all on the cross?

(Jn.19:30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Please notice that belief is a work according to (Jn. 6:28,29)..

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Friends, belief is a work. That means all those who teach one must believe to be saved is teaching they must do something in order to be saved.

That is not salvation by grace alone.

Thanks
It's because people misunderstand "salvation by grace alone". Grace or the unmerited favor of God is what works continually in a person's life to save them. It's not a one and done thing.

Nova2216

It's because people misunderstand "salvation by grace alone". Grace or the unmerited favor of God is what works continually in a person's life to save them. It's not a one and done thing.

Is it your contention that one is NOT saved by grace ALONE?

Since there is not one verse which says we are saved by grace ALONE.

Nova2216

Nova - Does the word of God say some were placed into the kingdom in the first century? (Col.1:13)

YES / NO

YES / NO

Rob - There must be a king to have a kingdom. How could the Kingdom of Christ have existed before the king was born?

Nova - Just b/c the word "church" is used in the OT does not mean the Lords kingdom was established before (Acts 2).

You are hung up on Bullingers bible notes which are not inspired.

That's the reason I once asked you what KIND of bible you use
. (Jn. 5:39)

You are rejecting (Col.1:13) and the other SCRIPTURES I have posted b/c of what you have learned from Bullingers Premillennial false doctrine.

(Isa. 2:1-5) (Dan. 2:44) (Joel 2:28) (Luke 24:47-49) (Acts 1:5,8) all point to (Acts 2:1-4)

If one teaches Premillennialism there is NO ANSWER for
(Col.1:13).

One way of knowing if someone is teaching ERROR is their teaching will contradict the scriptures in one area or many areas.

Speak as the oracles of God. (1Peter 4:11)

Speak the same thing (1Cor.1:10)

Walk by the same rule (Phil.3:16-19)

Nova2216

Oh, I see. You can send me external links by people other than Christ and it is OK. But for me it's not OK.

I understand that the scriptures themselves are the sole source of truth, but can you give me specifics on where Bullinger is wrong about the kingdoms?

Paul said - follow me as I follow Christ (1Cor.11:1).

I do not follow the men I study the bible with, I follow their teaching if they speak as the oracles of God ALONE.

Let me say this, if you find ANY of the lessons I sent you are teaching false doctrine I will call them on it immediately.

(Col.1:13) opposes Bullingers notes in your bible.

What does he say about this verse?