• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Resurrection

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How does making up WHERE hes born give it more credability?

And how wer virgin births a threat?

Read your Bible. There is a rather minor prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem.

And I did not say not imply that virgin births were a threat. Is English your first language? "All the rage" means very popular. Quite a few gods and demigods had a virgin birth.

joelr

So, luke made up WHERE he was born?

Luke didnt make up the census then.

Besides that Luke wasn't the author of the gospel which we know because the Greek tells us, the author of Luke was re-writing Kings. This isn't Richard Carrier's idea this is what scholarship agrees on.
You can see a comparison list then a chart of some of the phrases but there are many more.
At 22:45 it begins chart at 23:07

Read your Bible. There is a rather minor prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem.

You dont need to tell me to read my bible. Quit talking down at me, im getting sick of the disrespect.

Ok...2 questions...

I thought you dont believe in those prophesies?

Second, how do you know jesus wasnt actually born where luke says he was?

And I did not say not imply that virgin births were a threat. Is English your first language? "All the rage" means very popular. Quite a few gods and demigods had a virgin birth.

Always hear that, but when i looked at comparisons, it looks vague.

But hey, lets assume there was lots of stories just like the jesus story. Could that not mean the underlying tenents wer true, just alot of counterfiet came? Why does it mean ALL of them are myths?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And one more point. Asking why the author of Luke made up the nativity story is not a valid question. It is an attempt to make an excuse. If I have a video tape of a man clearly shooting another I don't need a "why" to know that he is guilty. The errors in Luke tell us the story was made up. Why is another topic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You dont need to tell me to read my bible. Quit talking down at me, im getting sick of the disrespect.

Ok...2 questions...

I thought you dont believe in those prophesies?

Second, how do you know jesus wasnt actually born where luke says he was?

Always hear that, but when i looked at comparisons, it looks vague.

But hey, lets assume there was lots of stories just like the jesus story. Could that not mean the underlying tenents wer true, just alot of counterfiet came? Why does it mean ALL of them are myths?
then try to ask proper questions. Fix your attitude and there will be no need to fix mine.

Now why would you ask if I believe a prophecy or not? That is an illogical question on your part.

And he could have been, but in that day and age it was highly unlikely. One did not just jump in the station wagon and move in those days.

And one more point. Asking why the author of Luke made up the nativity story is not a valid question.

Your not gonna tell me whats a valid question. If its a question i have, on my side of this debate, then its valid. Your not gonna manipulate me nor the discussion. You gotta learn some respect mr. Ill ask anything i want to if i think its important. Now, obviously, you dont have to answer it either.

It is an attempt to make an excuse.

More ad hominums. Im really tempted to stop debating you.

If I have a video tape of a man clearly shooting another I don't need a "why" to know that he is guilty.

Actually, yes, you do need a why because mayby it was self defense.

The errors in Luke tell us the story was made up. Why is another topic.

Why is not another topic. Its all part of the same topic. And your one to talk, changing the topic from resurrection to the virgin birth.

You hypocrite. Man, im getting really angry now.

then try to ask proper questions. Fix your attitude and there will be no need to fix mine.

Ill ask whats important to me. And thats that.

Now why would you ask if I believe a prophecy or not? That is an illogical question on your part.

No, its not, not to me its not. Because i always have a reason behind my questions.

And he could have been, but in that day and age it was highly unlikely. One did not just jump in the station wagon and move in those days.

And how do you know that?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your not gonna tell me whats a valid question. If its a question i have, on my side of this debate, then its valid. Your not gonna manipulate me nor the discussion. You gotta learn some respect mr. Ill ask anything i want to if i think its important. Now, obviously, you dont have to answer it either.

of course I have to tell you what a valid question is. My post explained why it is not honest. And you need to earn respect. You have gone out of your way to lose it and are now complaining.

More ad hominums. Im really tempted to stop debating you.

Where? You do not appear to understand that term.

Actually, yes, you do need a why because mayby it was self defense.

Now you are trying to change the question. That does not change the fact that he shot the man. Not does any why change the fact that Luke made up his story.

Why is not another topic. Its all part of the same topic. And your one to talk, changing the topic from resurrection to the virgin birth.

Now it appears that you forgot how this started. Luke is not a reliable source.

You hypocrite. Man, im getting really angry now.
How is my pointing out your errors being a hypocrite? Just because you are wrong is no excuse to get mad and call names.