• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Prayed

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well yes

That would be why he's called God The Father

He didn't just create, he is also like a parent

But "The Son" is uncreated, as per John 1:1

It is I think a misnomer to think of "The Son" as being a son, "The Son" is a title

If we are God's children and Jesus carries the title "Son of God" does that mean Jesus is like our big brother????

I think it does
John 1:1 does not say that the Word, understood as the Son of God, is uncreated. There's more but perhaps we can start there.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
John 1:1 does not say that the Word, understood as the Son of God, is uncreated. There's more but perhaps we can start there.
It implies that he was uncreated

Because it says he is God

And God is uncreated

Therefore he is uncreated

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Jesus Prayed "
if jesus were god and jesus prayed, isn't that bizarre that jesus prayed to himself, asked himself for something he could give himself as god?

Yes, it is a silly/odd/outlandish idea of the Christian people fabricated later by them, has it got anything to do with Jesus- the truthful Israelite Messiah, anybody, please?

Regards

101G

" Jesus Prayed "

Yes, it is a silly/odd/outlandish idea of the Christian people fabricated later by them, has it got anything to do with Jesus- the truthful Israelite Messiah, anybody, please?

Regards
is it so silly? question, if you were a numerical ECHAD could you as the Ordinal first of that ECHAD drive a car, while you the Ordinal Last of this ECHAD stay at home and watch TV?

let's see this in scriptures. Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." who is the ME that was from the beginning; from the time that it was, that was sent? please read the verse carefully. then answer. it should answer your "Jesus" question,,,,, (smile).

101G.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Jesus Prayed "
paarsurrey said:

Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." who is the ME that was from the beginning; from the time that it was, that was sent? please read the verse carefully. then answer.
" Isaiah 48:16 "

Isaiah 48:16 does not mention Jesus/Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?
So, the idea that " jesus (ever) prayed to himself " is an incorrect concept that has no basis, please, right?

Regards

101G

" Jesus Prayed "
paarsurrey said:

Isaiah 48:16 does not mention Jesus/Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?
So, the idea that " jesus (ever) prayed to himself " is an incorrect concept that has no basis, please, right?

Regards
GINOLJC, to all,
First, thanks for the reply. second, the Lord Jesus NEVER, 101G repeat, NEVER prayed "to" himself. Listen and Learn. the Lord Jesus "Prayed" the Father, not pray "To" the Father. only in Intersession on someone else behalf., did he pray "to" the Father. in all his prayers, he said, "I "PRAY" the Father, not pray "TO" the Father. please check the scriptures out. also, as with the Holy Spirit who is the Lord Jesus, pray intercessory on our behalf.

now the Isaiah 48:16. the Lord Jesus is not mentioned by name but by title. listen and Learn. Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

here, the Lord God is Jesus/Yeshua, yes, the Israelite Messiah to come. let's prove it by the scriptures. ok.... keep in mind the Title "Lord God".

follow 101G. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

so, someone "SENT" his angel... correct. now let the angel tells us who sent him, for the angel know who sent him. follow 101G. now John was talking to the angel who was sent, listen. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." EVERY, I MEAN EVERY scholar I have spoken with, (and 101G has not spoken to all scholars, ok), but the one's 101G has spoken with all say that the "Lord God" here is the Father, better known as Jehovah/Yahweh. 101G agree with them that this is the father, but not Jehovah/Yahweh. and here why. listen carefully.

in the same chapter, 22, now verse 16, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

so it is the "Lord" Jesus who sent his angel, and the angel said it was the "Lord God" of the .... Holy Prophets (meaning the OT), who sent him.... verses 16 clearly states, the Lord Jesus who is God sent his angel. and that the Lord God ..... "OF THE HOLY PROPHETS ..... is the Lord JESUS/YESHUA.

now, you're in a pickle, and without a ball........ no pickleball.... (smile), but U are in a Pickle, because the Lord God here is the Lord Jesus in Isaiah 48:16. now the 48 Million Dollar and 16 cent question is this, "who is the "ME" that was sent in Isaiah 48:15" it was NOT ISAIAH, because he was not at the beginning, so, he is out. 101G will give U the answer if U cannot figure it out. but 101G will give U a hint. "So, the idea that " jesus (ever) prayed to himself " is an incorrect concept that has no basis, please, right?" ...... (smile) .....

if U cannot Figure it out, just ask..... stay well.

101G

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Jesus Prayed "
paarsurrey said:
Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." who is the ME that was from the beginning; from the time that it was, that was sent? please read the verse carefully. then answer.

Revelation 1:1

Again the verse “ Revelation 1:1” quoted by one in one's post is not from Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, please:

Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible
Right?
Isn't it another fabrication of the Hellenist-Pauline-Church to attribute "Revelation" to Yeshua, please, right?

Regards

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
On one hand, Jesus is a different person to The Father
On the other, they are both the same being

So, would Jesus praying to The Father be bizarre?

No, because when Jesus was on Earth his capacities were limited by his fleshy body, by his meat suit

He was incarnated as an earthly being, as a simple man and that's how he experienced his existence, as a simple man - even though he's God

But yes, it would be unusual
One in spirit but not one and the same person. For example, I and my father are one does not mean I am my father. It is simply alluding to one in spirit and purpose otherwise this passage below means we are all the Father and Jesus which we are not.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So do I. :)
It doesn't make it coherent, though.

Lots of ideas were in "wide circulation".

Yes, I used to accept it, [but not understand it], until I knew better.
It's quite simple really.
The Arian belief was not proven wrong, it was just repressed by force.

That is, that Jesus is subordinate to the Father, and is not equal to God.
..which is more in line with a "Jewish Jesus".
It's all politics. Voting councils cannot determine the nature of God.
The Bible nowhere mentions any trinity. It is a concoction of the priests and sadly some Christians do not worship God or follow the Word of God which clearly distinguishes between the identity of Christ and God Who sent Him. Instead they worship what their priests say.