• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God

lostwanderingsoul

A resurrected body is eternally in its perfect state. It is immortal, and therefore no longer subject to aging, disease, injury or anything else. Note: I'd going to be a lot more inclined to want to interact with you in the future if you'd make more of an effort not to resort to sarcasm and ridicule. And please don't deny that that's exactly what you did in your "2000 year old body on a cloud" comment. The fact that we may have a difference of opinion doesn't give you license to be disrespectful.

Okay, so their holiness has nothing to do with whether they have a body or not. They are holy simply because they are "God." I can go along with that.
I would also like to continue this discussion. I assure you there was no sarcasm meant by my comment and I fully respect you opinion. I honestly do not know where a 2000 year old body might be even if it is in perfect condition. I believe only spirits are in Heaven because Heaven is a spiritual place, not a physical place. Can you show scriptures that show Heaven to be a physical place with physical bodies? I will respectfully read and consider your answer.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I would also like to continue this discussion. I assure you there was no sarcasm meant by my comment and I fully respect you opinion. I honestly do not know where a 2000 year old body might be even if it is in perfect condition. I believe only spirits are in Heaven because Heaven is a spiritual place, not a physical place. Can you show scriptures that show Heaven to be a physical place with physical bodies? I will respectfully read and consider your answer.
There is no where in the Bible where we are specifically told what Heaven's going to be like, but I see no reason to assume that something couldn't be both physical and spiritual at the same time. Why don't you begin by telling me what you think a spiritual body actually is, and whether you believe Heaven is even a real place at all (as opposed to just a state of mind).

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

There is no where in the Bible where we are specifically told what Heaven's going to be like, but I see no reason to assume that something couldn't be both physical and spiritual at the same time. Why don't you begin by telling me what you think a spiritual body actually is, and whether you believe Heaven is even a real place at all (as opposed to just a state of mind).
A physical body is flesh and blood and can be seen and touched. A spirit is invisible and not any solid material. Heaven is not a specific place or state of mind. Spirits can move freely through space and could get together on the moon or Mars or just float around in space. And I do not assume anything, I look for proof. That's why I look for scripture that addresses issues.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
A physical body is flesh and blood and can be seen and touched. A spirit is invisible and not any solid material. Heaven is not a specific place or state of mind. Spirits can move freely through space and could get together on the moon or Mars or just float around in space. And I do not assume anything, I look for proof. That's why I look for scripture that addresses issues.
Well, I hate to have to tell you this, but there are a lot of things that scripture is simply silent on, and all the looking there for answers until the end of time is not going to change that. So, two questions for you:

1. How do you know that spirits are invisible?
2. If Heaven is neither a place nor a state of mind, what exactly is it?

lostwanderingsoul

Well, I hate to have to tell you this, but there are a lot of things that scripture is simply silent on, and all the looking there for answers until the end of time is not going to change that. So, two questions for you:

1. How do you know that spirits are invisible?
2. If Heaven is neither a place nor a state of mind, what exactly is it?
1. If something is not in scripture, it is just someone's opinion. And one opinion is as good as another.
2. You seem to have more answers than I do so maybe you should give me something to start on. Where or what is Heaven and who is there?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
1. If something is not in scripture, it is just someone's opinion. And one opinion is as good as another.
2. You seem to have more answers than I do so maybe you should give me something to start on. Where or what is Heaven and who is there?
You don't seem to want to answer my questions. I'll be happy to answer yours, but not until you answer mine, since I asked first. And you know, even those things that are in the Bible can be understood differently by different people. You and I have already proven that. It's pretty much a matter of all of us just having opinions as opposed to facts. And as you said, one opinion is as good as another.

lostwanderingsoul

You don't seem to want to answer my questions. I'll be happy to answer yours, but not until you answer mine, since I asked first. And you know, even those things that are in the Bible can be understood differently by different people. You and I have already proven that. It's pretty much a matter of all of us just having opinions as opposed to facts. And as you said, one opinion is as good as another.
OK, fair enough. 1. Spirits are normally invisible but can make themselves visible if they want to. 2. Heaven is God.s home. I see nothing that says God has a physical body so Heaven is a spiritual place. God could choose to visit a planet or just float in space. That would be Heaven.