• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God.

jaybird

Jesus says Eimi.
The greek OT says Ego eimi ho on. The equation should be between ho on and ego eimi.

Nevertheless, you are right.

im not really a hebrew expert i was just going by what the lexicon says. i knew there was a difference, but wouldnt know how to explain the exact details on how they vary.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The trinity
Father, son, and holy spirit are god, and all equal.
Jesus own word
John 10:29
My "father" who has given them to me is "greater than all"
That means this would include Jesus and the holy spirit, because they teach he is a person.
Jesus is God ???!!!
Simply wrong, Jesus was never god.
Third Argument.
From Bible:
Unlike the Christians Jesus was a Jew who never believe/d in Trinity. It is a pagan concept loaned later by Paul and the Church.

Regards
#45 #76

anonymous9887

bible reader
Jesus is God ???!!!
Third Argument.
From Bible:
Unlike the Christians Jesus was a Jew who never believe/d in Trinity. It is a pagan concept loaned later by Paul and the Church.

Regards
#45 #76
I didn't say that.
1. I stated what the trinity is.
2. Then I posted what Jesus himself said "the father is greater than all"
3. I showed you the man made doctrine and then what Jesus himself says.

jaybird

Jesus is God ???!!!
Third Argument.
From Bible:

Regards
#45 #76

i used to think paul was a false teacher. im not so sure now. i think the problem with paul is the language he uses, its very deep, gnostic, mystic and hard to understand but very usefull for a corrupt church to come in many years later and manipulate these teachings to create any doctrine.

anonymous9887

bible reader
i used to think paul was a false teacher. im not so sure now. i think the problem with paul is the language he uses, its very deep, gnostic, mystic and hard to understand but very usefull for a corrupt church to come in many years later and manipulate these teachings to create any doctrine.
Yes peter himself said that the things paul was teaching was hard to understand and the unstable were twisting his words.

jaybird

That's just nitpicking. Every Israelite knows what I AM means. If you would study up on Israelite customs and traditions more you would know what it means, too.

There are other scriptures in which He says He and the Father are One. I guess you can deny that, too, but you don't change a thing. We know what it means regardless of your twist on it to fit your particular faith.

im not Muslim. im a member of a baptist church in the middle of the bible belt. denominations and doctrines mean nothing to me, i am only interested in worshiping in truth. there are to many things about the trinity that do not add up.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
im not Muslim. im a member of a baptist church in the middle of the bible belt. denominations and doctrines mean nothing to me, i am only interested in worshiping in truth. there are to many things about the trinity that do not add up.
Truth is another name (attribute) of G-d, you are treading on the right path, friend. May G-d bless you!
Regards

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
No, you have a reading comprehension problem. When Jesus said, Before Abraham, I AM, He is clearly saying that He is God. The Jews knew that and that is why they wanted to stone Him to death. You, sir, are wrong.
Actually if you just take a basic look at the grammar you'll see your reading more into the text.
1. The pharisees said you are not even 50 years old, so age is being addressed.
2. Ego= I, the first person pronoun
3. Eimi = am, exist

Before Abraham I have existed is the basic grammatical understanding.

anonymous9887

bible reader
That's just nitpicking. Every Israelite knows what I AM means. If you would study up on Israelite customs and traditions more you would know what it means, too.

There are other scriptures in which He says He and the Father are One. I guess you can deny that, too, but you don't change a thing. We know what it means regardless of your twist on it to fit your particular faith.
Ok. If you are using John 10:30 to prove Jesus is god, look up John 17:21,22

anonymous9887

bible reader
What about the Church that followed Paul?
Paul sowed the seed of Trinity by carving god out of the poor Jesus (poor as god but rich as prophet/messenger) the rest of it was done at Nicaea.
Regards
Give me scriptural evidence that paul taught the trinity. What people say is irrelevant.
Ephesians 1:17
1 Corinthians 11:3
Ephesians 4:5,6
I can go on and on.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Give me scriptural evidence that paul taught the trinity. What people say is irrelevant.
Ephesians 1:17
1 Corinthians 11:3
Ephesians 4:5,6
I can go on and on.
Was Jesus a Christian or a Jew? Please tell us from Jesus' words in the Gospels.
Regards

anonymous9887

bible reader
What about the Church that followed Paul?
Paul sowed the seed of Trinity by carving god out of the poor Jesus (poor as god but rich as prophet/messenger) the rest of it was done at Nicaea.
Regards
I noticed you are muslim.
One of the things that muslims take pride in that the quran has not been corrupted.

A recent scholar named Jay Smith finally proved that to be false.
1. The 1st manuscript that is dated nearest to mohammed is not even complete. There are like 6 manuscripts. You may want to take a look at the scholar I'm telling you, if in fact you seek truth.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I noticed you are muslim.
One of the things that muslims take pride in that the quran has not been corrupted.
A recent scholar named Jay Smith finally proved that to be false.
1. The 1st manuscript that is dated nearest to mohammed is not even complete. There are like 6 manuscripts. You may want to take a look at the scholar I'm telling you, if in fact you seek truth.
That is another topic, please be on-topic of , Jesus is (Christian)god.
Regards