• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus in the Quran makes no sense

Shad

Veteran Member
I haven't copy pasted anything. But you're not responding to my argument.

Wrong. You didn't look at the verses at all. Each one has Jesus predicting his death, being killed. I refuted your point with 9 verses. I toppled your argument thus addressed it directly.

I know Muslim apologetic well. I have played this game for years. Your source if not from a website is from an equally shoddy Islamic apologists work. Otherwise you would have found "killed" and "death" if you looked at the NT itself. Your reference is obvious. Heck you couldn't even Google it. Yawn.

Jesus predicts his death - Wikipedia

Last edited:

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
I asked what difference it would make, not what the difference is. To understand the topic is important. Can't really put requirements on how well they should be understood here. You didn't ask me about anything. I asked you the latest question in response to your comment before that. You never answered me. That's too bad. I was looking forward to it.
:) No, you weren't. In fact you had no idea to what I was referring. That's why you continue to dance around the issue. And of course you're wrong. I did ask you something. You were found out and that's why you can't answer. Now you dodge and put the blame on me. Guess what? I'm not pretending to be Muslim here.

Mudramoksha

:) No, you weren't. In fact you had no idea to what I was referring. That's why you continue to dance around the issue. And of course you're wrong. I did ask you something. You were found out and that's why you can't answer. Now you dodge and put the blame on me. Guess what? I'm not pretending to be Muslim here.

No, you're pretending to be Christian.

Wasp

What is?
You didn't look at the verses at all. Each one has Jesus predicting his death, being killed.
Predicted or guessed. Doesn't the same word used for 'killed' also translate as 'destroyed'? Jesus also asked one of his followers to pretend to be him. And then yet if he told everyone he was going to be killed and raised up why were they surprised when it happened?
refuted your point with 9 verses. I toppled your argument thus addressed it directly.
That's not exactly refutation, it's a counter argument.

Wasp

Believe what?
You keep asking about the same thing. Scroll back if you want to know what we were speaking about earlier.
You still have no point. Saying Jesus was born in summer is not the same as proving it. More so the verse could be a miracle (fruit) thus defies nature.
I never spoke about proving. In fact I expressively said it doesn't prove if you don't believe in the Qur'an, but again - the discussion, remember what we were talking about? - it was an example as I said before.

Wasp

Ok. Well, whenever you're ready to bring out your bullet proof arguments against Islam. Don't hold the truth back - someone might want to convert before they die.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Since I am not a Christian, Jew or Muslim i might have a different thought about this topic, But i do not see a problem with Islam as a different way of seeing Jesus and that Muhammad saw/understood Jesus differently than the followers of Jesus.
But that does not mean any of the following religions are wrong. Christianity, Jewish, Islam. In my understanding, it only means there were different teachers (Jesus, Muhammad) And they understood the wisdom in differet ways and was teaching there way (cultivation path)

I believe it is God talking about Jesus in the Qu'ran and since it was written well after the Church was well established it could address some of the more bizarre errors in Christian theology.

Shad

Veteran Member
What is? Predicted or guessed.

Your argument. It is a classic example of apologist work being paste on a forum.

Doesn't the same word used for 'killed' also translate as 'destroyed'?

No

Jesus also asked one of his followers to pretend to be him.

No

Yes and Jesus told him to basically step aside.

You are probably thinking of Peter when the soldiers came for Jesus

And then yet if he told everyone he was going to be killed and raised up why were they surprised when it happened?

They lacked faith

That's not exactly refutation, it's a counter argument.

No it is a direct refutation as per "killed".

Shad

Veteran Member
You keep asking about the same thing. Scroll back if you want to know what we were speaking about earlier.

I did. You seem to think Christian believe in a birth day of Jesus due to the Quran or something.

I never spoke about proving. In fact I expressively said it doesn't prove if you don't believe in the Qur'an, but again - the discussion, remember what we were talking about? - it was an example as I said before.

Again saying X is not evidence of X.