• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus in the Quran makes no sense

Shad

Veteran Member
Well yes, because the Qur'an isn't biography of Jesus :rolleyes: (or of anyone for that matter)

Ergo the claim it makes more sense is only related to the point I previous made; Trinity. Even Christians have issues explaining it and they believe it in the mainstream. Most explanations are rejected or is considered heresy by one group or another

It really doesn't at all, if you're honest about it.

Sure. However my point was about the source of information. Keeping in mind I am not a Muslim so do not think Muhammad was told everything by Gabriel(?)

Shad

Veteran Member
It has to 'borrow from the NT', because it has less information about a topic? Is that logical?

Ergo the Quran does not actually make more sense of Jesus as it only address specific points nothing more.

Wasp

Ergo the Quran does not actually make more sense of Jesus as it only address specific points nothing more.
What kind of sense exactly are you looking for? The bible supports the Quran's version of Jesus. Jesus says as Jonah was in the stomach of the fish for three days and three nights so I will be under the earth for three days and three nights.

Wasp

So? Belief does not mean fact. Your response does not address my point.
It's agreed upon by large among Christian scholars even if there is no concrete evidence for it (since you disbelieve the Qur'an). Meaning the Qur'an has a specific detail the bible does not have and a detail that the Christians have come to agree with. It was an example.

Shad

Veteran Member
It's agreed upon by large among Christian scholars even if there is no concrete evidence for it (since you disbelieve the Qur'an).

Evidence for what?

Meaning the Qur'an has a specific detail the bible does not have and a detail that the Christians have come to agree with. It was an example.

So? If I wrote a book about Muhammad that has information not contained in existing texts does that mean I am adding more details or fiction?

Shad

Veteran Member
What kind of sense exactly are you looking for? The bible supports the Quran's version of Jesus.

No it doesn't as the Bible predates the Quran.

You claimed more sense. I rejected the point outside the Trinity only in relation to monotheism.

Jesus says as Jonah was in the stomach of the fish for three days and three nights so I will be under the earth for three days and three nights.

So?

Wasp

Evidence for what?
For that Jesus was born in summer.
So? If I wrote a book about Muhammad that has information not contained in existing texts does that mean I am adding more details or fiction?
Naturally it depends on whether you're right or not. My point is the Qur'an is right. So it can't be called adding of fiction.

But just now you said the Qur'an doesn't have enough information regarding Jesus and now you go out of your way to insinuate it doesn't matter what information it does have regarding Jesus.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure the English language does allow me nevertheless to say the bible supports the version written in the Qur'an.

Saying X does not mean X is true. Hence why I mentioned dates. More so when the source predates your own it is a jump in logic that the later in confirmed by the former rather than the former is borrowed by the later.

So Jonah was in the belly of the fish alive.

So?

Wasp

Saying X does not mean X is true. Hence why I mentioned dates. More so when the source predates your own it is a jump in logic that the later in confirmed by the former rather than the former is borrowed by the later.

So?
So jesus didn't die.

Former or later doesn't matter when both are considered to withhold revelations.

Shad

Veteran Member
For that Jesus was born in summer.

So? The Quran injects a date (fruit) into the verse. That does not mean it is right nor that Christians used the Quran to determine a date.

Naturally it depends on whether you're right or not. My point is the Qur'an is right. So it can't be called adding of fiction.

Belief vs fact. Try again.

But just now you said the Qur'an doesn't have enough information regarding Jesus and now you go out of your way to insinuate it doesn't matter what information it does have regarding Jesus.

No. I was talking about quantitative.

Shad

Veteran Member
You recall we're compering the Qur'an and the bible?

Yes. I am still waiting for you to actually compared it outside copy/pasting your apologist website which omits information. Yawn.

Matthew 16:21-23
Matthew 17:22-23
Matthew 20:17-19
Mark 8:31-33
Mark 9:30-32
Mark 10:32-34
Luke 9:21-22
Luke 9:43-45
Luke 18:31-34

Wasp

Yes. I am still waiting for you to actually compared it outside copy/pasting your apologist website which omits information. Yawn.

Matthew 16:21-23
Matthew 17:22-23
Matthew 20:17-19
Mark 8:31-33
Mark 9:30-32
Mark 10:32-34
Luke 9:21-22
Luke 9:43-45
Luke 18:31-34
I haven't copy pasted anything. But you're not responding to my argument.