• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus in the Quran makes no sense

Octavio Siepi

So basically the Quran says that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus but at the same time they say Jesus only came to confirm the Torah, why would they want to kill him if that's the case? It makes no sense.
What makes less sense though is why would Allah confound people into believing that Jesus had died by replacing him if that would mean that the Gospels accounts are completely true (they couldn't possibly know that Jesus had been replaced by someone who looked just like him) and therefore starting a religion that according to Islam is corrupted but the only one to blame for that corruption would be Allah for confounding people who had no way to know that Jesus hadn't died.

Also Jesus in the Quran is one of the main prophets but he doesn't really acomplish anything. His mission is not clear and Allah knew that his message would get corrupted as soon after people thought he had died.

If I had to bet it seems to me that Muslims wanted to make a hybrid between Judaism and Christianity but didn't know what to say about Jesus so they came up with a story that makes no sense.
Other prophets in Islam like Moses or Muhammed seem to have a clear purpose, Moses was given the law, Muhammad is the seal of all Prophets.
However Jesus is one of the most important ones but his mission in Islam just seems to be to confirm what was already said without really adding anything new, which doesn't explain why would Jews want to kill him and even worse than that he ends up creating a corrupted religion that would become the largest in the world and only Allah is to fault.

As I said, it seems like they wanted to make a hybrid betweek Judaism and Christianity but didn't really know what role give to Jesus.

Tumah

Veteran Member
So basically the Quran says that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus but at the same time they say Jesus only came to confirm the Torah, why would they want to kill him if that's the case? It makes no sense.
I'm pretty sure Christians believe pretty much the same thing.

What makes less sense though is why would Allah confound people into believing that Jesus had died by replacing him if that would mean that the Gospels accounts are completely true (they couldn't possibly know that Jesus had been replaced by someone who looked just like him) and therefore starting a religion that according to Islam is corrupted but the only one to blame for that corruption would be Allah for confounding people who had no way to know that Jesus hadn't died.
That doesn't make sense to you, but it does make sense to you that your god would "blind their eyes and harden their hearts" so that people won't convert to Christianity?

Also Jesus in the Quran is one of the main prophets but he doesn't really acomplish anything. His mission is not clear and Allah knew that his message would get corrupted as soon after people thought he had died.
As opposed to Jesus who wrote nothing and authors writing years after this death present conflicting accounts for him?

Come on OP did you really think this through?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Since I am not a Christian, Jew or Muslim i might have a different thought about this topic, But i do not see a problem with Islam as a different way of seeing Jesus and that Muhammad saw/understood Jesus differently than the followers of Jesus.
But that does not mean any of the following religions are wrong. Christianity, Jewish, Islam. In my understanding, it only means there were different teachers (Jesus, Muhammad) And they understood the wisdom in differet ways and was teaching there way (cultivation path)

danieldemol

Premium Member

If I had to bet it seems to me that Muslims wanted to make a hybrid between Judaism and Christianity but didn't know what to say about Jesus so they came up with a story that makes no sense.
Other prophets in Islam like Moses or Muhammed seem to have a clear purpose, Moses was given the law, Muhammad is the seal of all Prophets.
However Jesus is one of the most important ones but his mission in Islam just seems to be to confirm what was already said without really adding anything new, which doesn't explain why would Jews want to kill him and even worse than that he ends up creating a corrupted religion that would become the largest in the world and only Allah is to fault.

As I said, it seems like they wanted to make a hybrid betweek Judaism and Christianity but didn't really know what role give to Jesus.
I think you are confusing what the Quran says with what certain sects of Muslims say

sooda

Veteran Member

This may help explain Jesus as he is understood in Islam.

Who is Jesus for Muslims?

danieldemol

Premium Member
You mean that he came to bring justice to the world?? I thought that was their understanding.
Your article says that Jesus will bring justice eschatologicaly in other words when He returns.

This does not explain why the Jews are said by the Quran to have wanted to kill Him the first time around, although contrary to the claims of the OP the Quran gives a very substantial reason for why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus imo

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS

Yes, it makes sense when one realizes Muhammad first went to the Jews with his "revelations" from god and they rejected him.
Then Muhammad made a hybrid of Judaism and Christianity, because Islam came along some 500 years after Christ, so as to arrive at Islam.
In Islam Jesus is called, Isa.
But he is not the son of allah because as the Qur'an states, allah has no son.
Muhammad was not the seal of all prophets. Muhammad was illiterate, a merchant, who was a murderer, a pedophile, and a thief.
That would mean his allah chose poorly in the character of that someone to deliver his "religion of peace", when Islam actually translates to submission.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes, it makes sense when one realizes Muhammad first went to the Jews with his "revelations" from god and they rejected him.
Then Muhammad made a hybrid of Judaism and Christianity, because Islam came along some 500 years after Christ, so as to arrive at Islam.
In Islam Jesus is called, Isa.
But he is not the son of allah because as the Qur'an states, allah has no son.
Muhammad was not the seal of all prophets. Muhammad was illiterate, a merchant, who was a murderer, a pedophile, and a thief.
That would mean his allah chose poorly in the character of that someone to deliver his "religion of peace", when Islam actually translates to submission.

Muhammed was illiterate, but he was not a murderer, pedophile or thief. Muhammed made it very clear that he was NOT divine and that he couldn't save anyone. The people had to return to the God of Abraham.

Christians and Jews are taught to be obedient and submit to the will of God.. That's what "submission" is, toots.

leov

Islam came out of some Gnostic type 'heresy' that was pushed out of Rome and Israel. as some researchers say islam was made up as explanation of Arab good fortunes, because Roman and Persian conflict.

SA Huguenot

I hope you took the time to see the evidence that Muhammad was a murderer, rapist, narcisist, etc.

Muhammed was illiterate, but he was not a murderer, pedophile or thief. Muhammed made it very clear that he was NOT divine and that he couldn't save anyone. The people had to return to the God of Abraham.

Christians and Jews are taught to be obedient and submit to the will of God.. That's what "submission" is, toots.
Remember, I gave you the link where you can make a lot of money if you prove Ali Sina wrong!
The Challenge
Muhammad was the worst example of a deranged, sexcrazed old man on earth.
He tortured, murdered, looted, killed innocent people, and lied about being a prophet.
proof AS wrong, then come and post your claims about Muhammad pal.

Wasp

Islam came out of some Gnostic type 'heresy' that was pushed out of Rome and Israel. as some researchers say islam was made up as explanation of Arab good fortunes, because Roman and Persian conflict.
Some researchers, eh? Tempting, tempting..

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
I'm amazed you actually said some Muslims. Whatever you say.
Well, I don't put blinders on when it comes to Muslim terrorism. It is not a matter of whatever I say but rather what I say about Muslim terrorism is able to be said because of those Muslims who are terrorists.

Wasp

Who says he 'only came to confirm the Torah'? That is certainly not the case. They denied he was a prophet.
Someone must have known it wasn't really Jesus and why would you claim God 'confounded people into believing...'? The people messed up, not God.
Jesus received the gospel. It is confirmed in the Qur'an. That people corrupted it to the level of it being nearly unrecognizable is again the peoples' fault.
- to you.

Last edited:

Wasp

Well, I don't put blinders on when it comes to Muslim terrorism. It is not a matter of whatever I say but rather what I say about Muslim terrorism is able to be said because of those Muslims who are terrorists.
Yes. But where and how did you draw a line from the religion to the terrorism and back?