• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

Repox

Truth Seeker
In science, empirical evidence is required to prove a hypothesis. And for a hypothesis to be proven there must be irrefutable evidence. As for a Jesus hypothesis, I propose two of them. One, the tradition belief, is Jesus was the son of God. This hypothesis conflicts with another hypotheses that Jesus was God, which I propose. I have also proposed a supplementary hypothesis, which is God is a duality. This supplementary hypothesis is proposed to account for sayings about the father and son. I maintain Jesus (God) talked about himself as two persons, which was intended to communicate His divine duality. If you do scholarly research, you'll discover significant errors in the New Testament. Mostly, the errors stem from the long period of time (40-70 years) in which leaders of the Jesus movement (Christianity) wrote and rewrote Jesus stories. The primarily problem was they defined and redefined Jesus from a sage or wise leader to the son of God. Therefore, there is sufficient historical evidence related to conflicting interpretations to doubt Jesus to be the son of God.

If there is no son of God, as I have maintained, much of the New Testament is in error. What happens to the gospels or Paul's writings without the son of God? What happens to hundreds of years of Christian theology? What happens to the many salvation stories without the son of God? The vast amount of damage caused by such an idea is immeasurable. But what if it is true? The problem with the question is there is a lack of evidence. Almost everything about the Bible and Jesus is based on faith. However, we do know Jews existed and there is a nation of Israel. Then, we have archaeological evidence for Jewish tribes and ancient lands occupied by God's chosen people, and archaeological studies continue to uncover important information.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In science, empirical evidence is required to prove a hypothesis. And for a hypothesis to be proven there must be irrefutable evidence. As for a Jesus hypothesis, I propose two of them. One, the tradition belief, is Jesus was the son of God. This hypothesis conflicts with another hypotheses that Jesus was God, which I propose. I have also proposed a supplementary hypothesis, which is God is a duality. This supplementary hypothesis is proposed to account for sayings about the father and son. I maintain Jesus (God) talked about himself as two persons, which was intended to communicate His divine duality. If you do scholarly research, you'll discover significant errors in the New Testament. Mostly, the errors stem from the long period of time (40-70 years) in which leaders of the Jesus movement (Christianity) wrote and rewrote Jesus stories. The primarily problem was they defined and redefined Jesus from a sage or wise leader to the son of God. Therefore, there is sufficient historical evidence related to conflicting interpretations to doubt Jesus to be the son of God.

If there is no son of God, as I have maintained, much of the New Testament is in error. What happens to the gospels or Paul's writings without the son of God? What happens to hundreds of years of Christian theology? What happens to the many salvation stories without the son of God? The vast amount of damage caused by such an idea is immeasurable. But what if it is true? The problem with the question is there is a lack of evidence. Almost everything about the Bible and Jesus is based on faith. However, we do know Jews existed and there is a nation of Israel. Then, we have archaeological evidence for Jewish tribes and ancient lands occupied by God's chosen people, and archaeological studies continue to uncover important information.
Ohhhh an other WE MUST DEBUNK THE JESUS MYTH, AND ALL RELIGIONS ARE FAKE BECAUSE SCIENCE CANT PROVE IT......YEY

exchemist

Veteran Member

This is not how science works. You cannot prove a hypothesis in science. Science does not deal in proof but in evidence.

Secondly, analysis of scripture is not science anyway.

Science has nothing to say about your opinions on Christ’s divinity.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Mostly, the errors stem from the long period of time (40-70 years) in which leaders of the Jesus movement (Christianity) wrote and rewrote Jesus stories. The primarily problem was they defined and redefined Jesus from a sage or wise leader to the son of God. Therefore, there is sufficient historical evidence related to conflicting interpretations to doubt Jesus to be the son of God.

That sounds like a making up of history.
What are the significant errors in the New Testament that you are talking about anyway?

The Father is God and the Son has the same God nature that His Father has.
The Father is in the Son and the Son in the Father.
Jesus said that He and the Father are one, (neuter 'one' so it seems it means one thing).
I would suggest that one thing is one God.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have my own view of Jesus, some of which is actually backed up by evidence. Even with that evidence I consider it a person view, not a hypothesis.

My view on Jesus.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

I'm not sure I understand exactly why there are just two options.

I am a son, a father, a husband and a brother.

Which one is true?

And are the errors simply those that don't line up with your duality position?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
If Ishtar and Shamash do not exist, then what happens to the Epic of Gilgamesh?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If there is no son of God, as I have maintained, much of the New Testament is in error. What happens to the gospels or Paul's writings without the son of God? What happens to hundreds of years of Christian theology? What happens to the many salvation stories without the son of God? The vast amount of damage caused by such an idea is immeasurable. But what if it is true?
What damage is there if this turns out to be as you say? Maybe things would get better instead of worse. Maybe nothing would change. Can you clarify what the damage would be and what might happen as a result of this being the case.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

that which is a fractal of the whole is still an image of the whole.

pantheism

revelation 21:17

Kenny

Premium Member
I doubt that you are father, son, and brother of *yourself*.
So see it as titles?

Regardless, there is communication between my different parts.

My body said to my soul, "YOU ARE IN EXTREME BACK PAIN, YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF YOUR BED"

My spirit said to my soul, "You know that healing is the children's bread--grab hold of it".

My soul said to my body, "Grab the side of the bed and pull yourself on to the floor". As I began crawling my soul told my body, "Speak and say 'by the stripes of Jesus you are healed". By body responded accordingly.

By the time I got to the door of my bedroom, I was standing and walking and my body said to my soul "You are now free of all pain".

Three parts speaking to each other... same person.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So see it as titles?

Regardless, there is communication between my different parts.

My body said to my soul, "YOU ARE IN EXTREME BACK PAIN, YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF YOUR BED"

My spirit said to my soul, "You know that healing is the children's bread--grab hold of it".

My soul said to my body, "Grab the side of the bed and pull yourself on to the floor". As I began crawling my soul told my body, "Speak and say 'by the stripes of Jesus you are healed". By body responded accordingly.

By the time I got to the door of my bedroom, I was standing and walking and my body said to my soul "You are now free of all pain".

Three parts speaking to each other... same person.

Well, that isn't how I envision the conversation I am having with myself.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
:) Different folks, different folks. But I bet you do talk to yourself now and then and maybe even answer? :)

Yes, but that isn't two different people, nor even two different aspects. It's me looking at different alternatives.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, but that isn't two different people, nor even two different aspects. It's me looking at different alternatives.

But God is God... I could very well say my body is me but my spirit is totally different than me but they are both me.

Something to think about and ask for a revelation.

Repox

Truth Seeker
This is not how science works. You cannot prove a hypothesis in science. Science does not deal in proof but in evidence.

Secondly, analysis of scripture is not science anyway.

Science has nothing to say about your opinions on Christ’s divinity.
I agree, science is not religion. Even with history, however, evidence is required. Otherwise, you can just make it up. Based on my research into the New Testament, I've found the four gospels have little, or no historical evidence. They were written by authors who hadn't witnessed Jesus. After several earlier versions by other gospel authors, the final four gospels were written. It was story telling without knowing the real story. The first few gospels proclaimed Jesus to be a wise or sage man. Then, later gospels change by declaring Jesus to be the son of God. Therefore, we don't have an accurate history of Jesus, or what he really said and did. We have the end result of rumors, storytelling, and church leadership approval of gospel stories. Even more troubling about New Testament authors is they were Creeks, they hadn't visited areas where Jesus ministered, and being unfamiliar with Hebrew, the Jewish language, they assumed an understanding. Gospel authors wrote stories about a man they hadn't met, in a land they hadn't visited, based on rumors and "hand me down" stories about Jesus. To engage their audience, NT authors contrived interesting stories about Jesus with a central theme, "God sent his son into the world as a sacrificial lamb for the salvation of humankind."
It was an engaging theme, one which has captivated Christian believers. Without the salvation theme, Christianity wouldn't be as popular.

I propose the real story is God came into the world to "give testimony to his chosen people." Unwilling to accept Jesus as their Lord (God), they redefined him to be what they wanted, and those stories were revised and revised until they met with the approval of Jesus movement leaders, not what God as Jesus had been. The only real truth about Jesus stories may be when Jesus (God) spoke about "the kingdom of heaven." Naturally, as God, Jesus would know a lot about his kingdom. In short, no one knows the real story. Based on my believe that God is duality, one may regard Jesus references to "his father" to mean the other God. I am certain God is a duality.

I am also certain no one will accept my idea of Jesus being God, and God as duality. It just doesn't fit with what people want their God to be. People prefer the Trinity. It has everything humans want, a father, a son, and a loving essence. Would you call the holy spirit mother? Oh, maybe the holy spirit should be God's wife. Oh, no, God isn't married. What would Christianity be without the son of God "sacrificed for the salvation of humankind?" Once you start down the make-believe road, anything is possible. To sell, it must have human appeal.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A human one hundred percent human original.

Not like we are today as dying sacrificed.

Theoried to anti self the man.

Ask a liar brother inhumane theist. How you now exist sacrificed is evil minded chemical imbalanced.

Humans who murder humans by intent choice.

Thesis science organisation history a murderer. Exact science rich man designer builder design civilization plus invention.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth....

So help me God.

Says I theory numbers first the cross + as there is no anti man first.

Adding I don't own any status but a biological human first. Origin.

So I add as just the Human.

As a human if I add to my life I age and die.

The grail warning. Hitler in thesis. Unlocking of the grail boxed.

What is a box?

A human says the squaring.

O earth is held by law of space circular.

Yes?

Okay.

What are machines?

Boxes he says.

Oh and why aren't you not the origin human brother scientist?

My water microbe biology life support was taken by half water mass into heavens to contradict the UFO radiation released out of earth. Pressurised in space where metal by pressure naturally existed.

Became heavy. Came back into earths hot gases and killed us all.

Life sacrificed.

Human brother Satan advised.

After our saviour was born. Ice. Earth life was saved returned. As original biology.

Animals and humans as small bodies.

Sacrificed not origin. Living half a biological life.

Our satanic minded brother remembered science. Reasoned by father's death. As a baby man.

Rebuilt science.

Tried to remove the other half of life owning earths atmosphere supported.

Water shifted.

We were irradiated

We were sick mutated.

Oxygenated water allowed healing. Natural half life is our biology. As it shifted back.

Earths held heavens radiation took the other half of life water once owned a very long time ago into nuclear atmospheric causes.

What we learnt about human machine owners past human science history.

The story earths atmosphere already took half life's origin water has remained in that status ever since it occurred.

Not reasoned. We own bones like stone which cannot become higher by form.