• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JESUS, God, the Ordinal First and Last

101G

Wow, the Persian God was also the first. So was Inana and Brahman.

"God
Zoroaster went much further, and in a startling departure from accepted beliefs proclaimed Ahura Mazda to be the one uncreated God, existing eternally, and Creator of all else that is good, including all other beneficent divinities. "

Zoroastrians-Their-Religious-Beliefs-and-Practices-MaryBoyce

Ahura Mazda was uncreated, existing eternally, creator of all.

The Persians were the first to come up with many doctrines -

"Zoroaster was thus the first to teach the doctrines of an individual judgment, Heaven and Hell, the future resurrection of the body, the general Last Judgment, and life everlasting for the reunited soul and body. These doctrines were to become familiar articles of faith to much of mankind, through borrowings by Judaism, Christianity and Islam; yet it is in Zoroastrianism itself that they have their fullest logical coherence, since Zoroaster insisted both on the goodness of the material creation, and hence of the physical body, and on the unwavering impartiality of divine justice. According to him, - salvation for the individual depended on the sum of his thoughts, words and deeds, and there could be no intervention, whether compassionate or capricious, by any divine Being to alter this. With such a doctrine, belief in the Day of Judgment had its full awful significance, with each man having to bear the responsibility for the fate of his own soul, as well as sharing in responsibility for the fate of the world. Zoroaster's gospel was thus a noble and strenuous one, which called for both courage and resolution on the part of those willing to receive n....."
all nonesense

next.... (smile)

101G.

101G

the blue letter bible definition of "ECHAD"
  1. one (number)
    1. one (number)
    2. each, every
    3. a certain
    4. an (indefinite article)
    5. only, once, once for all
    6. one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one
    7. first
    8. eleven (in combination), eleventh (ordinal)
note the definition 1. One Number. if it's one number, how is it a UNITY? or a Joining? but #7. reveals the true meaning.... "First"

now, scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."
this is the "LORD" Speaking,

now the "Lord" Speaks, Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

these two, the LORD, and the Lord are the same one Person in the ECHAD shared EQUALLY.

101G

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@101G Although before I believed in God I attended many churches. And more than one had JESUS up on the wall hanging on a cross. He was a man. Godmen or men considered equal to the one true God do not die. No part of God dies. So the idea that Jesus is "God in the flesh" and equal to God 'not in the flesh' is totally illogical, no matter how you look at it, religiously or not. Bye for now.

YoursTrue

now, scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."
this is the "LORD" Speaking,

now the "Lord" Speaks, Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

these two, the LORD, and the Lord are the same one Person in the ECHAD shared EQUALLY.

101G
No, they are not. Unless you want to say that a husband and wife are LITERALLY one person, or maybe two persons that are equal? Hmmm not insofar as I understand the scriptures.

YoursTrue

thanks, we agree, but 101G takes it further, "Jesus is NOT ONLY a perfectly appropriate way of saying the name of the only-begotten son of God". it is the appropriate way of saying the name of the ONLY Father, who is God, who created and made all things". it's the same one Person "EQUALLY" SHARED in flesh and bones as ..... the only-begotten son of God". (smile).

understand, 101G is just being accurate. leave no stones unturned.

101G.
There's more to it than what 101G says. Maybe later we'll get to it. Requires diligence and more.

YoursTrue

Yes, there is none (which is why this is about anglicization and not transliteration). Yosef is the transliteration of יוסף in the same way that Iesus would be a closer transliteration than Jesus. Changing Yeshua to Jesus has nothing to do with transliteration as it doesn't work with material from 2 languages (Yeshua is already an incorrect transliteration of the biblical name יֵשוּע) and it incorporates pronuciation changtes to address cultural shifts.
Ok.

101G

@101G Although before I believed in God I attended many churches. And more than one had JESUS up on the wall hanging on a cross. He was a man. Godmen or men considered equal to the one true God do not die. No part of God dies. So the idea that Jesus is "God in the flesh" and equal to God 'not in the flesh' is totally illogical, no matter how you look at it, religiously or not. Bye for now.
No part of God dies? (smile), except for that which he took on. this is the reason why I tell people to KNOW the difference between the Son of Man, (which was Given from Heaven, Spirit), vs the Son of God, (that came out of Mary, flesh). thanks for the reply. listen and Learn. there are two Death, did you know that? scripture, James 2:26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." so, what died? the body, (flesh). now what did God take part in and was ... NOT ... a Partaker of? let the bible speak. Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" did you see the difference.. Took part vs Partake.... (smile), that's how 101G definitely know that Mary nor Joseph was the Lord Jesus biological parents. nor the flesh he came in. again one need to know the difference between "Took Part", and "Partake".

now, knowing James 2:26, who or what died? the body, this is why we will get new ones. the spirit returns to where it comes from ... God. this is the FIRST DEATH, the body. now knowing this, question, "Why then did the Lord Jesus say in Revelation, 1:18, "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" WAS DEAD? yes, if Jesus is God how could God die? remember James 2:26 say the "Body" without the spirit is what? ..... dead, but God is WHAT? "Spirit"....... (smile). so the body he came in ... DIED. hello. for the body Identify the Spirit that's in it. that's how we "KNOW" one another. this is just too easy.

so one can get that no ... "Part" of God dies. yes, that what he acquired, or "TOOK ON" was his, his, his, Body, not the product of Joseph nor Mary, but of the HOLY GHOST, (GOD). supportive scripture, Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." NOTICE, conceived in her and not conceived "BY" her. not even Mary eggs was used.... (smile). this is why 101G knows that she was just a surrogate mother, and not a biological mother to the Lord Jesus.

so, what "of", "of", "of" God died? answer his body that he came into this world in. this is basic bible study, you should have known this.

101G.

101G

No, they are not. Unless you want to say that a husband and wife are LITERALLY one person, or maybe two persons that are equal? Hmmm not insofar as I understand the scriptures.
ERROR, you think fleshly. now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

here clear as Day the "LORD" all caps made all things, and remember he was "ALONE" and "BY HIMSEL". meaning there was no one else. now this, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
remember this is the "Lord", the Word.

well YT, is this the same ONE person, (of Isaiah 44:24) or two different person who made "ALL THINGS?" .... (smile). we suggest you think very carefully before you answer.

101G.

YoursTrue

ERROR, you think fleshly. now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

here clear as Day the "LORD" all caps made all things, and remember he was "ALONE" and "BY HIMSEL". meaning there was no one else. now this, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

well YT, is this the same ONE person, (of Isaiah 44:24) or two different person who made "ALL THINGS?" .... (smile). we suggest you think very carefully before you answer.

101G.
Before I get into the in's and out's of the meaning of the words, you are apparently saying that God's flesh died, is that right?

YoursTrue

101G.
The Bible says a husband and wife are ONE. I didn't make it up.

YoursTrue

God body that he came in died.

101G
So even if you believe Jesus was God-in-the-flesh and equal to two persons called God that were not-in-the-flesh, you also believe that Jesus was equal to the other two godpersons, although one had flesh at least that died, and the other two didn't have flesh that died, is that right? But you say they were equal, is that right?

YoursTrue

and? so is 1+1=1... (smile).

101G.
I have news for you. The wife is to be in subjection to her husband, right? You might play that they're equal, but Adam and Eve were NOT equal in various ways. She was younger than Adam. He knew more. She was made from his rib -- he was made from the ground, soil, or dust, however you want to say it.

101G

I have news for you. The wife is to be in subjection to her husband, right?
where in authority? see I know where you're ... TRYING to go with this, please do, and it will get knock out of the park.

and as for Adam and Eve, both was EQUAL in Dominion..... Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

101G.

101G

it's just amazing how little bible knowledge..... "WITH" ...... understanding many of us that do not have. not a put down, but in used, or ACTION or lack thereof. in this day and time, with the scriptures electronized, cross-references and definitions are at our fingertips. so my question, "WHAT is WRONG?"

I wonder sometimes.

ant no way for us to be this "IGNORANT" of God's Holy Word. I just cannot accept it. there is something keeping us from UNDERSTANDING the Word of God. I just cannot put my hand on it.

101G.

YoursTrue

it's just amazing how little bible knowledge..... "WITH" ...... understanding many of us that do not have. not a put down, but in used, or ACTION or lack thereof. in this day and time, with the scriptures electronized, cross-references and definitions are at our fingertips. so my question, "WHAT is WRONG?"

I wonder sometimes.

ant no way for us to be this "IGNORANT" of God's Holy Word. I just cannot accept it. there is something keeping us from UNDERSTANDING the Word of God. I just cannot put my hand on it.

101G.
I'd like to just ask if you think Jesus was killed. Can we start there before we get into definitions of echad and multiplicity and unity? Thanks. So, did Jesus die? It should be a fairly simple question, perhaps a yes or no answer if possible.

YoursTrue

where in authority? see I know where you're ... TRYING to go with this, please do, and it will get knock out of the park.

and as for Adam and Eve, both was EQUAL in Dominion..... Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

101G.
Do you agree that Eve was younger than Adam?

101G

I'd like to just ask if you think Jesus was killed. Can we start there before we get into definitions of echad and multiplicity and unity? Thanks. So, did Jesus die? It should be a fairly simple question, perhaps a yes or no answer if possible.
GINOLJC, to all.
thanks for the reply, second, Think? ... know. Died? Yes, his Body, but not the Spirit. Killed? no, he Laid down his Life. supportive scripture. John 10:17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again." John 10:18 "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

101G.