• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sin separates people from God. Jesus, God the Son, is the bridge between God and sinful humanity.
You just said that God has laws and that sin is any behavior that is not godly. Therefore the way to not sin is to follow God's laws. The way that Jesus provided a way not to sin was by revealing teachings and laws that helped us not to sin. The way that Jesus provided a bridge between God and man was by bringing us closer to God by revealing God and God's will for us.

Skywalker

Why do you keep making wild and unsupported statements? Can you apply logic to your claims? Slow down and think of what you are saying.

Here is a serious question for you: Does my quoting of the Bible "there is no God" disprove the existence of God?

People misunderstand Bible prophecies because they see what they want to see. Rabbis used to wonder if there would be two Messiahs because He was spoken of as both a Suffering Servant, coming to remove the barrier of sin from between people and God, and as a Conquering King, coming to deliver His people from worldly oppression. But they were reading about two visits of the same Messiah. One down, and one to go!

Skywalker

Again, slow down. Think things through. You are appearing to give God human flaws.

And once again:

Here is a serious question for you: Does my quoting of the Bible "there is no God" disprove the existence of God?

I used to not believe in a God who had this stern side. One day, however, I realized that I couldn't just create the God that I wanted. God is not an exercise in imagination, or visualization, or mind projection. He exists independent of my thoughts about Him. But that's what I was trying to do as I ignored what the Bible had to say about God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Psalm 51:4

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
That does not say that God hates sin. I do not believe that God hates. That is a human emotion.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Romans 1:18

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness
Okay, that's better, but please read the short article from Wikipedia that I posted.
That way you can compare what Baha'is believe about sin to what Christians believe.

Skywalker

What does that mean to you, God hates sin?
Do you have verses to back that up?

Isaiah 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Skywalker

No, it was about a present day event. Read it in context. Don't abuse the Bible by quote mining it.

Let me give you an example. I am very very sure that you cannot refute it:

" there is no God" The Bible.

Since you are ignoring the context of Isaiah I ignored the context of that verse. By your standards the Bible refutes the existence of God. Now I have made that extremely challenging. In fact I will Private Message @Trailblazer if she agrees and give her the verse that it came from. Good luck refuting it.

It's impossible to determine exactly what Isaiah 7:14 meant to the original hearers when it was delivered. The prophecy is shrouded in obscurity, and so Matthew could legitimately examine it afresh and seek it's deeper meaning. Matthew's interpretation was legitimate. He sees the supernatural birth, this Immanuel figure, as part of a larger messianic complex of passages, and he applies this difficult part of scripture with genuine insight to Yeshua.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People misunderstand Bible prophecies because they see what they want to see. Rabbis used to wonder if there would be two Messiahs because He was spoken of as both a Suffering Servant, coming to remove the barrier of sin from between people and God, and as a Conquering King, coming to deliver His people from worldly oppression. But they were reading about two visits of the same Messiah. One down, and one to go!
Just as you are doing. You want to see prophecies for Jesus where none exist. That is why you keep quoting out of context.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I used to not believe in a God who had this stern side. One day, however, I realized that I couldn't just create the God that I wanted. God is not an exercise in imagination, or visualization, or mind projection. He exists independent of my thoughts about Him. But that's what I was trying to do as I ignored what the Bible had to say about God.
You are making the error of literalism. That leads to endless self contradictions. You are merely interpreting the Bible the way that you want to interpret it.

Skywalker

You are making the error of literalism. That leads to endless self contradictions. You are merely interpreting the Bible the way that you want to interpret it.

What would I have to gain by believing in the teachings of Jesus? Believing in the teachings of Jesus means making changes in your ways and having limitations in the way you live your life.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christians fall short in following the teachings of Jesus because they are sinners like everyone else.
So, what do you think that Jesus meant when He said to follow Him? Do you think He meant to follow Him as He walked down the road? Just because you cannot be sinless that does not mean you can't try.

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Skywalker

So, what do you think that Jesus meant when He said to follow Him? Do you think He meant to follow Him as He walked down the road? Just because you cannot be sinless that does not mean you can't try.

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I don't think God is looking for perfect people, but people who seek Him, and you also have to strive.