• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To bear witness to the truth as the king of the world (John 18:37)
Jesus never said He was the king of the world. That is a false Christian belief. Christians want to believe Jesus is a king, so they say He is a king. It's that simple. It does not matter one iota what Jesus actually said. :rolleyes: They will interpret the Bible to try to make it mean what they want to believe it means, instead of what it actually says.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

samtonga43

The Holy Spirit is still seeking and saving the lost’ is just a Christian belief, it is not in the Bible.
All of my Christian beliefs can be found in the Bible, Tb. You are correct when you say that there is no sentence / verse in the Bible saying the following words: “The Holy Spirit is still seeking and saving the lost’.
But, as I have been trying to get through to you, you are becoming so ultra-literal that you cannot see the wood for the trees. You are missing so much because you search for snippets of information which (seem to) support your view, rather than searching for truth, which is found when one reads in context.
The Holy Spirit does not do anything at all unless it is working through a Person. The Person it is working through in this age is Baha’u’llah.
The Holy Spirit is not an ‘it’. He is a Person – the Third Person of the Trinity. An ‘IT’ cannot teach, think, feel, decide, intercede, empower, guide etc. An ‘IT’ cannot be grieved or insulted.
“I am no more in the world” refers to His death, but not to His bodily resurrection, which never occurred.
https://apologetics.org/videos/the-most-compelling-argument-for-the-resurrection/

a) After his crucifixion, Jesus was buried in a tomb.

On the Sunday following the crucifixion, Jesus’ tomb was found empty by a group of his women followers

b) On multiple occasions and under various circumstances, different individuals and groups of people experienced appearances of Jesus alive from the dead

c) The original disciples believed that Jesus was risen from the dead despite their having every predisposition to the contrary.

How do you explain the above, Tb?
I did provide the context. Jesus says a prayer speaking to God saying that that He has glorified God on earth and He has finished the work that God gave Him to do and the He says that He is no more in the world and He is coming to His Father.
What was the ‘work’?
What was about to happen to Jesus?
Did Jesus say that He was not coming back?

samtonga43

How is that any different from Jesus "suddenly realizing" that He was chosen by God to deliver a new message to the world? No different. Only the age is different.
Jesus did not 'suddenly realize' that He was chosen by God. And He came not to deliver a message but to to save his people from their sins by his life, death and resurrection.

The B. man and Christ?
One is a man and the other is the Second Person of the Trinity. As big a difference as is possible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
All of my Christian beliefs can be found in the Bible, Tb. You are correct when you say that there is no sentence / verse in the Bible saying the following words: “The Holy Spirit is still seeking and saving the lost’.
But, as I have been trying to get through to you, you are becoming so ultra-literal that you cannot see the wood for the trees. You are missing so much because you search for snippets of information which (seem to) support your view, rather than searching for truth, which is found when one reads in context.
But, as I have been trying to tell you, you can MAKE the Bible say anything you want it to say by interpreting it to suit your beliefs. As such, there is really no point discussing “what the Bible says” with Christians because they will always make it say whatever they want it to mean. I am not necessarily going to agree with what they believe it means but that does not mean I am wrong or that they are wrong. However, since I have the Revelation of Baha’u’llah to refer to, it if the Christian interpretation contradicts the Baha’i interpretation, as a Baha'i I will always defer to the Baha'i interpretation.

Every Christian I have ever known believes that they know what the Bible means; but as I tell them, this is logically impossible that all of them are right, because the meanings they assign are different and often contradictory. So who is right?

There are several possibilities: (1) one person is right and everyone else who disagrees with that person is wrong, or (2) nobody is right because nobody understands the real (intended) meaning, or (3) there is more than one meaning of many scriptures, so more than one person is right.

How can anyone say the meaning they assign is correct and the other meanings others assign are wrong? The hundred-dollar question is why people think they are uniquely qualified to interpret scriptures? There are so many different interpretations so nobody can say that only theirs is correct because they cannot prove that it is correct, nor has anyone been given the authority to interpret the scriptures. As such, it is just their personal opinion that they are right and others are wrong.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted. They who are its appointed interpreters, they whose hearts are the repositories of its secrets, are, however, the only ones who can comprehend its manifold wisdom. Whoso, while reading the Sacred Scriptures, is tempted to choose therefrom whatever may suit him with which to challenge the authority of the Representative of God among men, is, indeed, as one dead, though to outward seeming he may walk and converse with his neighbors, and share with them their food and their drink.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 175-176

Since I believe that Baha’u’llah was the Representative of God among men and He appointed interpreters through His Covenant, it any of them interpreted the Bible, their interpretation is the bottom line for me.
The Holy Spirit is not an ‘it’. He is a Person – the Third Person of the Trinity. An ‘IT’ cannot teach, think, feel, decide, intercede, empower, guide etc. An ‘IT’ cannot be grieved or insulted.
You state that as if it is a FACT, but it is not a fact, it is a BELIEF. Nuff said, I have no interest in arguing about it.
The most compelling argument for the resurrection | CS Lewis

a) After his crucifixion, Jesus was buried in a tomb.

On the Sunday following the crucifixion, Jesus’ tomb was found empty by a group of his women followers

b) On multiple occasions and under various circumstances, different individuals and groups of people experienced appearances of Jesus alive from the dead

c) The original disciples believed that Jesus was risen from the dead despite their having every predisposition to the contrary.
How do you explain the above, Tb?
How do I explain any story? It is a fictional story, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone can write a story, but a story is no proof that anything in the story ever took place. Got any verifiable evidence from witnesses who are not part of the story?
What was the ‘work’?
What was the ‘work’?

Glorifying God and bearing witness to the truth about God.

John 17:4 have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

He was about to be crucified and He knew His mission on earth was “finished” which is why He said:

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

But Christians will say it does not mean what it clearly says, that Jesus rose from the dead late because decades after Jesus died the gospel authors, who never even knew Jesus wrote stories about Him. Nobody will ever know why they wrote these stories, but it worked to get millions of people to believe Jesus rose from the dead because people are really gullible and they just believed what they were taught by their Church leaders and that was passed down through many generations. Most Christians just “believed’ without question that Jesus rose from the dead and all the other baggage that went along with that belief. God I am glad I am a Baha’i!

Yes, He clearly did..

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did not 'suddenly realize' that He was chosen by God. And He came not to deliver a message but to to save his people from their sins by his life, death and resurrection.
No, that is not what Jesus came for, that is only what Christians believe that Jesus came for.
Jesus never said that he came to save his people from their sins by his life, death and resurrection. Christianity says that. Jesus never said anything about any original sin of A & E. You have been hoodwinked by a false doctrines of the Church.

As I said in my previous post, this is what Jesus really came for.

What was the ‘work’?

Glorifying God and bearing witness to the truth about God.

John 17:4 have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

The B. man and Christ?
One is a man and the other is the Second Person of the Trinity. As big a difference as is possible.
Jesus is not God, you just believe He is.
God is not a Trinity, you just believe He is.

By the way, calling Baha'u'llah the B man would be like me calling Jesus the J man. It is very demeaning. Baha'u'llah was as much a Manifestation of God as Jesus is, no more, no less. Your own Bible proves you are wrong about Jesus being God, over and over and over and over, but you dare not venture off this thread to defend your belief that Jesus is God because you know it would be impossible to defend since it is just a belief with no backing from the Bible.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

samtonga43

But, as I have been trying to get through to you, you can MAKE the Bible say anything you want it to say, but interpreting it to suit your beliefs.
I am quite strict with myself with regard to this. When I read (red) the Bible for the first time (as an atheist) I had no Christian belief at all. I made up my mind to be as non-judgmental as possible, to never read a verse or a passage out of context and to read according to genre. I still do. I also read (red) according to the order recommended for people who had never read the Bible before.

As such, there is really no point discussing “what the Bible says” with Christians because they will always make it say whatever they want it to mean.
That’s a very broad brush you’re using, Tb. But it’s a great excuse for someone who is determined to give little credence to Christian interpretation of Scripture.

I am not necessarily going to agree with what they believe it means but that does not mean I am wrong or that they are wrong
Really? In my experience, the person least likely to be wrong is the one who reads in context, rather than saying stuff like: “Look! These three words in this verse say ………(fill in the blank)...... so they must be true”.

“Every word and phrase of Scripture belongs to the context of the sentence and paragraph where they appear. What the grammatical form of a word is, or what the role of a word or phrase is in relation to the sentence as a whole (syntax), are important considerations in determining meaning. This is immediate context.

Every statement in Scripture is expressed in a certain way, whether it is giving praise to God as in the psalms, proclaiming God’s judgment as in the prophets, predicting the expected outcome of certain conduct as in the proverbs, or telling the story of God’s chosen people as in the historical books. This middle level of context is that of literary forms.

Every statement in Scripture is part of the total context of the canon of Scripture. Since no single statement can completely reveal all the divine truth on any topic, the whole counsel of the Word of God is important for understanding the individual statements in the Bible. This is distant context (sometimes called theological context).”
Why Context and Genre Are Keys to Interpretation

"By grace you are saved, not by works" (Ephesians 2:4-10)
"Work out your own salvation" (Philippians 2:12)

Can these two verses above BOTH be true, Tb? If not, why not? If they could both be true, can you explain how?

However, since I have the Revelation of Baha’u’llah to refer to, it if the Christian interpretation contradicts the Baha’i interpretation, as a bahai I will always consider the Christian interpretation wrong.
Hmmm. That’s interesting…

Every Christian I have known believes that they know what the Bible means; but as I tell them, this is logically impossible that all of them are right, because the meanings they assign are different and often contradictory. So who is right?
Do you have an example?

As such, it is just their personal opinion that they are right and others are wrong.
The evidence on which opinions are based can be negligible, weak, or strong, and based on exegesis rather than eisegesis

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am quite strict with myself with regard to this. When I read (red) the Bible for the first time (as an atheist) I had no Christian belief at all. I made up my mind to be as non-judgmental as possible, to never read a verse or a passage out of context and to read according to genre. I still do. I also read (red) according to the order recommended for people who had never read the Bible before.
That does not change the fact that everyone will interpret the Bible their own way and often the verses have many meanings, all of which can be correct yet different. Moreover, all Christians do not interpret the Bible the same way which means that there can be more than one interpretation. All you have to do is venture of this thread and see Christians arguing about the meanings of Bible verses to know that. As a Baha'i I am just like an innocent bystander. :oops:
That’s a very broad brush you’re using, Tb. But it’s a great excuse for someone who is determined to give little credence to Christian interpretation of Scripture.
There is no "Christian interpretation" of scripture; there are many Christian interpretations of scripture. Some I agree with more than others.
Really? In my experience, the person least likely to be wrong is the one who reads in context, rather than saying stuff like: “Look! These three words in this verse say ………(fill in the blank)...... so they must be true”.

“Every word and phrase of Scripture belongs to the context of the sentence and paragraph where they appear. What the grammatical form of a word is, or what the role of a word or phrase is in relation to the sentence as a whole (syntax), are important considerations in determining meaning. This is immediate context.

Every statement in Scripture is expressed in a certain way, whether it is giving praise to God as in the psalms, proclaiming God’s judgment as in the prophets, predicting the expected outcome of certain conduct as in the proverbs, or telling the story of God’s chosen people as in the historical books. This middle level of context is that of literary forms.

Every statement in Scripture is part of the total context of the canon of Scripture. Since no single statement can completely reveal all the divine truth on any topic, the whole counsel of the Word of God is important for understanding the individual statements in the Bible. This is distant context (sometimes called theological context).”
Why Context and Genre Are Keys to Interpretation
Well, that is drop dead obvious and the same applies to the Baha'i Writings. Last night there was a Baha'i on another thread quoting Baha'u'llah out of context to try to prove he was right about humans not having free will. I immediately found the complete passage and another similar passage that refuted his claims..
"By grace you are saved, not by works" (Ephesians 2:4-10)
"Work out your own salvation" (Philippians 2:12)

Can these two verses above BOTH be true, Tb? If not, why not? If they could both be true, can you explain how?
Of course they can both be true and they are both true, but I would have to read the whole chapter they are in (the context) in order to know what they mean.

Similar statements about grace and works can be found in the Baha'i Writings since both are important for salvation. As the Bible says somewhere "there is really nothing new under the sun."
Hmmm. That’s interesting…
It only makes sense if Baha'u'llah unsealed the Book as per Daniel 12 that Baha'is would know what certain verses mean that were misunderstood before.

Daniel Chapter 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

That does not mean we know what the Bible means as well as Christians; we don't, unless we were formerly a Christian, and of course Christians all have varying degrees of Biblical knowledge. But even then, the most well-versed Christian can be wrong about what the verses mean, and I witnessed that today regarding the meaning of a verse two Christians were discussing. Mr. Know-it-all Christian thought he knew more because he was in seminary school for years and years and he knows Koine Greek but because of his clear bias he was wrong, and it was obvious, as another more humble Christian clearly proved in a long post.
Do you have an example?
A good example is what the Trinitarian Christians believe about God and Jesus vs. what the non-Trinitarian Christians believe. Christians also disagree as to whether they will go to heaven when they die or be resurrected and live forever on earth. Christians also disagree on whether Jesus is going to return and if He does what will happen when He returns. Christians also disagree as to whether the Bible says homosexuality is forbidden or allowed. The list goes on and on.

Baha'is by contrast agree on all the core beliefs because there is only one Baha'i Faith, not many sects, and we have the original Writings of Baha'u'llah as well as the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi who were appointed by Baha'u'llah as interpreters. We also have the Book of Laws that Baha'u'llah wrote so we never have to argue about what is forbidden or allowed.

Last edited:

samtonga43

That does not change the fact that everyone will interpret the Bible their own way and often the verses have many meanings, all of which can be correct yet different.
I’m not sure that I understand. Can you give me an example of a verse which can be correct in different ways? I would think that, in a contextual sense, meaning is either correct or incorrect.

Moreover, all Christians do not interpret the Bible the same way which means that there can be more than one interpretation. All you have to do is venture of this thread and see Christians arguing about the meanings of Bible verses to know that. As a Baha'i I am just like an innocent bystander. :oops:
I’ve seen Christians discussing on other threads, not so much arguing. Discussion is healthy; it’s how we learn. My view has been changed many times by discussion. Don’t you ever discuss the B. man’s words with others of your religion? Actually, I meant to ask you, do you ever meet together with other Bahais for study or worship?

There is no "Christian interpretation" of scripture; there are many Christian interpretations of scripture. Some I agree with more than others.
You’re right. I ought to have said ‘Christians’ interpretations of Scripture’.

Well, that is drop dead obvious…..
Good. Maybe you ought to attempt more often to take into consideration the literary forms, if not the whole counsel of the Word of God.

Of course they can both be true and they are both true, but I would have to read the whole chapter they are in (the context) in order to know what they mean.
You know they're true before you know what they mean? WOW! ;)
However, although the whole chapter is a good start, it is only one part of context. There is also remote contact (where the passage in question is found elsewhere in the bible) and historical context (the background or setting in which the text was created). One thing for sure is that a couple of verses isolated from any sort of context and then provided as evidence is at best naïve and at worst dishonest.

Similar statements about grace and works can be found in the Baha'i Writings since both are important for salvation. As the Bible says somewhere "there is really nothing new under the sun."
Context?:)

It only makes sense if Baha'u'llah unsealed the Book as per Daniel 12 that Baha'is would know what certain verses mean that were misunderstood before.
Do you have evidence that Baha'u'llah unsealed the Book as per Daniel 12?

Baha'is by contrast agree on all the core beliefs because there is only one Baha'i Faith, not many sects, and we have the original Writings of Baha'u'llah as well as the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi who were appointed by Baha'u'llah as interpreters.
Sorry, Tb, but to me it’s slightly ominous to hear people of any group, especially religious groups, say that they all agree with each other.
But on the subject of agreement, is the ‘Orthodox Baha'i Faith’ a different group to the ‘Baha'i Faith Group’?

samtonga43

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted”.
Absolutely!
“ Whoso, while reading the Sacred Scriptures, is tempted to choose therefrom whatever may suit him with which to challenge the authority of the Representative of God among men, is, indeed, as one dead”.
No challenges? The ‘Representative of God among men’ must think she/he has won the lottery.
Since I believe that Baha’u’llah was the Representative of God among men and He appointed interpreters through His Covenant, it any of them interpreted the Bible, their interpretation is the bottom line for me.
How would these men/women interpret 1 John 5:6-8?
You state that as if it is a FACT, but it is not a fact, it is a BELIEF. Nuff said, I have no interest in arguing about it.
And you are guilty of doing exactly the same, but more often.
How do I explain any story? It is a fictional story, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone can write a story, but a story is no proof that anything in the story ever took place. Got any verifiable evidence from witnesses who are not part of the story?
The historical evidence shows that: the grave was empty; the grave clothes were neatly left behind; the stone enclosing the tomb was rolled away; the body of Jesus was never found; the grave had been guarded by Roman soldiers; and no one ever claimed to have stolen the body. The presence of the grave clothes are significant. It was the spices attached to the cloth that had value. Anyone removing the body for profit or mischief would have taken the wrapped body away and separated out the valuable mixture at their leisure. In fact the placement of the grave clothes, like the placement of the stone, perfectly fits with the resurrection as the cause, rather than with human agency as the cause.

There are (not counting Paul), eleven recorded times that Jesus appeared to people proving that He was resurrected. These appearances were to: men and women, individuals, couples, groups, and at least one crowd. The appearances were inside and outside, in different locations, and at different times of the day. He was physically touched, audibly heard, visually seen, and He ate food in the presence of witnesses. None of these witnesses believed that Jesus would rise from the dead before He rose from the dead. All of them knew him before His death, so they knew He was the same Jesus who died on the cross.
More evidence here:
10 Concise Pieces of Evidence for the Resurrection - The Gospel Coalition | Canada
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
‘The world' in this context, means the fallen human condition. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come (John 14:16), but noted that unbelievers would neither see nor know Him (John 14:17).
He was about to be crucified and He knew His mission on earth was “finished” which is why He said: John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
He finished what He came to do. He died that we might live.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him".

"The resurrection completes the inauguration of God’s kingdom. . . . It is the decisive event demonstrating that God’s kingdom really has been launched on earth as it is in heaven. The message of Easter is that God’s new world has been unveiled in Jesus Christ and that you’re now invited to belong to it.”
– N.T. Wright

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I’m not sure that I understand. Can you give me an example of a verse which can be correct in different ways? I would think that, in a contextual sense, meaning is either correct or incorrect.
Baha’u’llah wrote that the meaning of the Bible can never be exhausted, indicating it can have many meanings. He did not say they were all correct or that they were incorrect.

What I meant is that a verse can have more than interpretation which can lead to more than one meaning, and who knows which meaning is correct? How could we ever prove that one was meaning correct and another meaning is incorrect? For example:

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Who are the 144000 in Revelation 14?

One understanding is that the 144,000 are recently converted Jewish evangelists sent out to bring sinners to Jesus Christ during the seven year tribulation period. Preterists believe they are Jewish Christians, sealed for deliverance from the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
144,000 - Wikipedia

When God delivered the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt and led them safely through the Red Sea, Moses and the Hebrews sang about the experience (Exodus 15). They praised God for redeeming them from the clutches of Pharaoh. It seems reasonable that the song mentioned in Revelation 14:3 focuses on God's power in purchasing the 144,000 by the blood of the Lamb and protecting them through the tribulation.
What does Revelation 14:3 mean?

Will only 144000 go to heaven?

Based on their understanding of scriptures such as Revelation 14:1-4, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God.
Jehovah's Witnesses and salvation - Wikipedia

Who will enter heaven according to the Bible?

The World English Bible translates the passage as: Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will. enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who. does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21 - Wikipedia

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Look at the verses below and please note that Jesus did not say that the temple He was referring to was His body. The verse says But he spake of the temple of his body. The verse does not say But I spake of the temple of my body. Christians assumed that Jesus meant His body because they have confirmation bias, since they already believed what they were taught, that Jesus rose from the dead.

John 2

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Baha’is believe that the Temple Jesus was referring to was the Word of God, not the physical body of Jesus.

Baha'u'llah has explained to all that await a third temple, or the rebuild of a temple:

".... Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised unto you in the Book. Draw ye nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words “Be and it is”.

Quoted in: The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, Volume 3, Chapter 7

The three day period is a time of turmoil where the disciples needed Faith to carry on, the body of Jesus had gone and they needed to find Faith to carry on with what Jesus had instructed them to do.
I’ve seen Christians discussing on other threads, not so much arguing. Discussion is healthy; it’s how we learn. My view has been changed many times by discussion. Don’t you ever discuss the B. man’s words with others of your religion? Actually, I meant to ask you, do you ever meet together with other Bahais for study or worship?
He is not the B man, He is Baha’u’llah.

Yes Baha’is discuss the meaning of the Baha’i Writings with other Baha’is all the time.

Yes, Baha’is get together all the time to study and worship. They used to meet at houses but now it is all via Zoom, and the local Baha’is have study groups and prayer meetings several times a week. Some larger cities have Baha’i Centers where they have meetings.
You know they're true before you know what they mean? WOW!
C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

However, although the whole chapter is a good start, it is only one part of context. There is also remote contact (where the passage in question is found elsewhere in the bible) and historical context (the background or setting in which the text was created). One thing for sure is that a couple of verses isolated from any sort of context and then provided as evidence is at best naïve and at worst dishonest.
I do know generally what they mean and I know they are true. I meant I would have to read the whole chapter they are in (the context) in order to know exactly what they mean.

I agree we would need to look at verses in the various contexts if we were studying the Bible in an effort to understand it fully. The same is true for the Baha’i Writings which are voluminous. I don’t even have time to study those, let alone the Bible!
Ecclesiastes 1:9 came up in a discussion I was having with a Jewish woman many years ago. As I recall she was using it to say that the Baha’i Faith has nothing “new” which of course is very untrue. So obviously her interpretation of her own verses was incorrect. She was interpreting it with a bias because she believed that the Torah is all humanity will ever need. Of course that is not true because after the Torah came the New Testament and it had many new teachings.

The context is this:

Ecclesiastes 1 King James Version

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

I am sure there is more I could look for context but I do not have time for Bible study right now, and it is so frustrating trying to figure out what it means anyway. The Bible is much more difficult for me to read and understand than the Baha’i Writings. I know the simple parables of Jesus mean but I have no idea what much of the rest of the Bible means, except the prophecies that refer to Baha’u’llah, but I would not know what they mean unless I could tie them to the mission of Baha’u’llah through Baha’i history.
Do you have evidence that Baha'u'llah unsealed the Book as per Daniel 12?
The evidence is the same evidence that shows that Baha’u’llah was who He claimed to be, as stated in this post:

Questions for knowledgeable Bahai / followers of Baha'u'llah

Because if He is who He claimed to be He unsealed the Book.

Daniel Chapter 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The "Book" was intended to be sealed up until the time of the end, until the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days came. A day is a year according to the day-year principle, and the 2,300 years came in 1844 when the Bab declared His mission, and the book was unsealed by Baha’u’llah. The math is explained in Some Answered Questions, 10: TRADITIONAL PROOFS EXEMPLIFIED FROM THE BOOK OF DANIEL.
Sorry, Tb, but to me it’s slightly ominous to hear people of any group, especially religious groups, say that they all agree with each other.
But on the subject of agreement, is the ‘Orthodox Baha'i Faith’ a different group to the ‘Baha'i Faith Group’?
I never said we agree on everything, I said we agree on the core beliefs which are very clearly delineated in the Baha’i Writings. Sometimes we interpret some of the Writings a little differently and that is not preventable since we are all individuals.

The ‘Orthodox Baha'i Faith’ is not the Baha’i Faith. There is only one Baha’i Faith, the one that adheres to the Covenant of Baha’u’llah. The other ‘so-called Baha’is’ are all Covenant-breakers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No challenges? The ‘Representative of God among men’ must think she/he has won the lottery.
No, He got the knowledge of God, which beats winning the lottery any day!

“O KING! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 57

And no, there was no couch; that is a metaphor because Baha’u’llah was just sitting around in His prison cell when He was caught unawares:

A revelation from God
How would these men/women interpret 1 John 5:6-8?

1 John 5:6-8 King James Version

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

What does the Spirit bear witness to? I had to look at the two verses that preceded your verses:

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

One interpretation is that the Spirit bears witness that Jesus is the Son of God.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
There is no interpretation of thee verses in the Baha’i Writings so I can only interpret them according to what is written about (a) Jesus (b) God and (c) Holy Spirit.

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

By water might refer to the ‘water of life’ that confers everlasting life and by blood might refer to the blood sacrifice of Jesus.

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Baha’u’llah referred Jesus as the Spirit, so we know that to verse 6 refers to Jesus.

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

Baha’u’llah also referred Jesus as the Spirit of God, so we know that Jesus is the Spirit of God.

“O kings of Christendom! Heard ye not the saying of Jesus, the Spirit of God, “I go away, and come again unto you”? Wherefore, then, did ye fail, when He did come again unto you in the clouds of heaven, to draw nigh unto Him, that ye might behold His face, and be of them that attained His Presence? In another passage He saith: “When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 246

Baha’u’llah also referred Jesus as the Son, so we know that Jesus is the Son of God.

“The Word which the Son concealed is made manifest. It hath been sent down in the form of the human temple in this day. Blessed be the Lord Who is the Father! He, verily, is come unto the nations in His most great majesty.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 84-85

Baha’u’llah also said that “We” (meaning Baha’u’llah and God) aided Jesus by the Holy Spirit so that Jesus could announce the coming of Baha’u’llah.

“We, in truth, have sent Him Whom We aided with the Holy Spirit (Jesus Christ) that He may announce unto you this Light that hath shone forth from the horizon of the will of your Lord, the Most Exalted, the All-Glorious, and Whose signs have been revealed in the West. Set your faces towards Him (Bahá’u’lláh) on this Day which God hath exalted above all other days, and whereon the All-Merciful hath shed the splendour of His effulgent glory upon all who are in heaven and all who are on earth.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 18

Jesus announced the coming of Baha’u’llah when he said He was sending the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth, which was Baha’u’llah. Jesus was a Comforter, Baha’u’llah was another Comforter.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The way I interpret this verse is that the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (the Holy Spirit bear witness that Jesus is the Son of God.

This is an interesting verse. It shows that the God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are separate entities yet they all bear witness of Jesus, the Son.

On a side note, most Christians believe that John 1:1-3 and John 1:14 mean that Jesus was God. I do not believe that those verses mean that Jesus is God.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Those verses are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made through God since God created the heavens and the earth.

The Word refers to the divine perfections that appeared in Jesus, and these perfections were with God. The Word does not mean the body of Jesus but rather the divine perfections manifested in Jesus. Jesus was like a clear mirror and the divine perfections were visible and apparent in this mirror. Therefore, the Word was the divine appearance. This is the meaning of the verse which says: “The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

When God sent Jesus, God was “manifested” in the flesh and Jesus dwelt among us. God did not become flesh, but rather the divine perfections of God were manifested in Jesus who came in the flesh and revealed the Word of God to humanity.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

You got me on that one, but I already covered what is most important about these verses. Just as Baha’is believe, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit work together as a team to bear witness to God on the earth.

God is One, not divided into parts.

The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, an emanation from God. God is like the sun and the Holy Spirit is like the rays of the sun. God remains in His own high place, and does not ever descend to earth.

The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God which became visible and evident in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ was like a clear mirror, and God became visible in the mirror, but God did not descend into the mirror. This is why Christ said, “The Father is in the Son,” meaning that the God was visible and manifest in this mirror.

The full explanation of the Bahai version of the Trinity is in this chapter: 27: THE TRINITY

(Continued on next post)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The historical evidence shows that: the grave was empty; the grave clothes were neatly left behind; the stone enclosing the tomb was rolled away; the body of Jesus was never found; the grave had been guarded by Roman soldiers; and no one ever claimed to have stolen the body. The presence of the grave clothes are significant. It was the spices attached to the cloth that had value. Anyone removing the body for profit or mischief would have taken the wrapped body away and separated out the valuable mixture at their leisure. In fact the placement of the grave clothes, like the placement of the stone, perfectly fits with the resurrection as the cause, rather than with human agency as the cause.
I guess you do not read much I what is posted on this forum. There have been numerous threads about the resurrection that Christians have posted, with Christians claiming that there is historical evidence and the nonbelievers have clearly refuted this claim. Everyone knows that the only evidence if any resurrection is in the Bible, and there is no verifiable evidence from any other source. The Bible is not “historical evidence.”
There are (not counting Paul), eleven recorded times that Jesus appeared to people proving that He was resurrected. These appearances were to: men and women, individuals, couples, groups, and at least one crowd. The appearances were inside and outside, in different locations, and at different times of the day. He was physically touched, audibly heard, visually seen, and He ate food in the presence of witnesses. None of these witnesses believed that Jesus would rise from the dead before He rose from the dead. All of them knew him before His death, so they knew He was the same Jesus who died on the cross.

More evidence here:
10 Concise Pieces of Evidence for the Resurrection - The Gospel Coalition | Canada
AGAIN, this is all part of the story that was told in the Bible, it is not factual history.
Trailblazer said: John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

samtonga43 said: ‘The world' in this context, means the fallen human condition. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come (John 14:16), but noted that unbelievers would neither see nor know Him (John 14:17).
Jesus promised that He would send the Comforter/Spirit of truth, which was Baha'u'llah, and it was the Christians that failed to recognize Him because they misinterpreted the Bible and believed this was a reference to the "indwelt" Holy Spirit, when what it really means is the Holy Spirit that would be brought by Baha'u'llah..

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

That is the most pathetic interpretation I have ever seen! The world means the world, you know planet Earth. :rolleyes:

Let’s substitute fallen human condition and see how much sense these verses mean:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the fallen human condition seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the fallen human condition, but these are in the the fallen human condition, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

"And now I am no more in the fallen human condition." ??? When was Jesus ever in the fallen human condition?
It never ceases to amaze me what Christians will try to do to continue believing that Jesus is coming back to earth, which is contradicted by everything Jesus said as well as everything else that is in the Bible, Old and New Testaments. You cannot make it work, as I explained to another Christian today:

It is important to note that Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament, and that means that the return of Christ referred to in the New Testament had to be another man. Baha'is believe that man was Baha'ullah. As the Bible says he would come with a new name, so we know he would not be called Jesus.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The new name means that the return of Christ would be another man. Why would Jesus change his name if he wanted people to know He was Jesus? Sadly, Christians do not bother to think about what these verses actually mean -- what the Spirit saith unto the churches -- yet they have completely disregarded what the Spirit said because they STILL believe that the same Jesus is going to come down from heaven on the clouds.

Christians have an emotional attachment to the man Jesus so they will never stop waiting for Him to return, even though He never promised to return. It is really sad that they keep waiting for something that is never going to happen.
He finished what He came to do. He died that we might live.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him".
That’s true. Jesus died so we would have eternal life as was explained in this chapter:

Question.—In verse 22 of chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians it is written: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” What is the meaning of these words?

Answer.—Know that there are two natures in man: the physical nature and the spiritual nature. The physical nature is inherited from Adam, and the spiritual nature is inherited from the Reality of the Word of God, which is the spirituality of Christ. The physical nature is born of Adam, but the spiritual nature is born from the bounty of the Holy Spirit. The first is the source of all imperfection; the second is the source of all perfection.

The Christ sacrificed Himself so that men might be freed from the imperfections of the physical nature and might become possessed of the virtues of the spiritual nature. This spiritual nature, which came into existence through the bounty of the Divine Reality, is the union of all perfections and appears through the breath of the Holy Spirit. It is the divine perfections; it is light, spirituality, guidance, exaltation, high aspiration, justice, love, grace, kindness to all, philanthropy, the essence of life. It is the reflection of the splendor of the Sun of Reality…..

The second meaning of sacrifice is this: Christ was like a seed, and this seed sacrificed its own form so that the tree might grow and develop. Although the form of the seed was destroyed, its reality became apparent in perfect majesty and beauty in the form of a tree.
Some Answered Questions, p. 118, 121

Read more: 29: EXPLANATION OF VERSE TWENTY-TWO, CHAPTER FIFTEEN, OF THE FIRST EPISTLE OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS
"The resurrection completes the inauguration of God’s kingdom. . . . It is the decisive event demonstrating that God’s kingdom really has been launched on earth as it is in heaven. The message of Easter is that God’s new world has been unveiled in Jesus Christ and that you’re now invited to belong to it.”
– N.T. Wright
The work that Jesus came to do was finished when Jesus died on the cross. The bodily resurrection is a completely superfluous belief based upon mythical stories and the belief is unnecessary to be a Christian, as some Christians have figured out.

What many liberal theologians believe about Jesus' death

Many liberal and some mainline Christian leaders believe that Jesus died during the crucifixion, did not resurrect himself, and was not bodily resurrected by God. At his death, his mind ceased to function and his body started the decomposition process. Returning to life a day and a half later would have been quite impossible. The story of having been wrapped in linen and anointed with myrrh seems to have been copied from the story of the death of Osiris -- the Egyptian God of the earth, vegetation and grain. The legend that he visited the underworld between his death and resurrection was simply copied from common Pagan themes of surrounding cultures. One example again was Osiris. "With his original association to agriculture, his death and resurrection were seen as symbolic of the annual death and re-growth of the crops and the yearly flooding of the Nile." 1

They also believe that Paul regarded the resurrection to be an act of God in which Jesus was a passive recipient of God's power. Paul did not mention the empty tomb, the visit by a woman or women, the stone, the angel/angels/man/men at the tomb, and reunion of Jesus with his followers in his resuscitated body. Rather, he believed that Jesus was taken up into heaven in a spirit body. It was only later, from about 70 to 110 CE when the four canonic Gospels were written, that the Christians believed that Jesus rose from the grave in his original body, and by his own power.

Later, perhaps after Paul's death, there was great disappointment within the Christian communities because Jesus had not returned as expected. They diverted their focus of attention away from Jesus' second coming. They studied his life and death more intensely. Legends without a historical basis were created by the early church; these included the empty tomb and described Jesus returning in his original body to eat and talk with his followers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Trailblazer said: That is exactly what Jesus coming in the sky is, an imaginary STORY someone once told.

Muffled said: I believe you have no proof of that. I believe God testifies that His word is true and not imaginary.
I agree that God's Word is true and not imaginary, but God's Word does not say that Jesus is coming in the sky, it says that Jesus is coming in the 'clouds of heaven.'

Daniel 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Matthew 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

What does that mean to say "they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds?"

Why would Jesus keep it a secret if He had been planning to return to earth? Why did Jesus say His work was finished here (John 17:4) and He was no more in the world (John 17:11) if He was planning to return to earth? Why did Jesus say “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36) if He was planning to come back and build a kingdom on earth? When asked if He was a king, why did Jesus say explain to Pilate “To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth” (John 18:37) if Jesus was coming back to rule as a king, as Christians believe?

Jesus fulfilled His purpose by bearing witness to the truth about God, so there is no reason for Jesus to return to earth a second time. These verses are clues that tell us that Jesus was never planning to return to earth to rule and build the Kingdom of God, and that means that the Messiah who would accomplish this has to be another man.

The title ‘Son of man’ is symbolic of the perfect humanity that Jesus represented, but it does not apply exclusively to Jesus. It ultimately comes from the Book of Daniel, where it refers to the Messiah. It is a Baha’i teaching that the title applies to both Jesus and Baha’u’llah.

To explain in brief, I believe that ‘Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven’ means that the return of the Christ Spirit promised in the Bible will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God, and will appear in the form of a human being. The term “heaven” means loftiness and exaltation. Although Jesus was delivered from the womb of His mother, in reality He descended from the heaven of the will of God. Though dwelling on this earth, His true habitation was the realms above. While walking among mortals on earth, Jesus soared in the heaven of the divine presence.

Baha’u’llah explained the meaning of clouds in The Kitáb-i-Íqán. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, the desires of men hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ. Thus the meaning of clouds is symbolic, not literal. Their judgment was clouded. Christians were looking for the same man Jesus in the same body that resurrected and ascended to appear in the actual physical clouds in the sky with power and great glory, trumpets and angels, but when that did not happen that way they rejected Baha’u’llah. However, if one looks at what happened before, during and after Baha’u’llah appeared there is not one prophecy that cannot be applied to Him.

Much of this is explained in Thief in the Night by William Sears, who researched the Bible prophecies for seven years and explained exactly how they were fulfilled by the Bab and Baha’u’llah.

Last edited:

samtonga43

“O KING! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 57
Tell me, Tb, what makes you believe this was not a loss of touch with reality, a symptom of a not uncommon mental illness?
Baha’u’llah also referred Jesus as the Spirit of God, so we know that Jesus is the Spirit of God.
We do? I think not.
Baha’u’llah also referred Jesus as the Son, so we know that Jesus is the Son of God.
He got this one right! ‘We’ do know this.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
Three Persons, One God.
Baha’u’llah also said that “We” (meaning Baha’u’llah and God) aided Jesus by the Holy Spirit so that Jesus could announce the coming of Baha’u’llah.
Yes, I really do think that the B.man was in a crisis situation.
Jesus announced the coming of Baha’u’llah when he said He was sending the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth, which was Baha’u’llah. Jesus was a Comforter, Baha’u’llah was another Comforter.
Nope. The comforter is the Holy Spirit of God, Second Person of the Trinity. He is eternal, so a substitute would be surplus to requirements.
The Holy Spirit, not the B.man
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Yes! The Holy Spirit not the B.man.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Yes. The Holy Spirit, not the B.man.
John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Again, correct. Nothing whatsoever to do with the B.man.
Let go of the eisegesis!
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
The way I interpret this verse is that the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (the Holy Spirit bear witness that Jesus is the Son of God.
This is an interesting verse. It shows that the God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are separate entities yet they all bear witness of Jesus, the Son.
You omitted “These three are one”. Now why would you do this?I
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John’s Gospel)
All things were made through God since God created the heavens and the earth.
All things were made by the Triune God since the Triune God created the heavens and the earth.
The Word refers to the divine perfections that appeared in Jesus, and these perfections were with God. which says: “The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
“Divine perceptions”? Sounds like the B.man’s invention.
No. The Word IS Jesus.