• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus feeds, but not now..

SoulTYPE

Jesus fed the 5000 or so starving people with his magical trick of bread and fish. But today, there are thousands starving, more than 5000. If jesus could do his thing then and there, how does he aid the many starving today?

I am hungry.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
SoulTYPE01 said:
Jesus fed the 5000 or so starving people with his magical trick of bread and fish. But today, there are thousands starving, more than 5000. If jesus could do his thing then and there, how does he aid the many starving today?

I am hungry.
My thoughts exactly. God gets all the credit for everything good that happens and none of the blame for the bad things that happen. And that is the basis for my atheism.

Frubals to you, SoulTYPE01 !

Sorry, the Frubals God wouldn't let me give you any frubals at this time.
"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to SoulTYPE01 again."

I will give them to you later. :)

Hope

Princesinha
SoulTYPE01 said:

I am hungry.
I wish I could answer that, Soul. However, since He was able, why didn't He feed all the starving people on the planet when He was here, and not just the 5000? He only displayed His miracles in a very small corner of the world, to a very small nation of people.

We can be God's instruments, if we want to, and care enough. If enough people in the world really and truly cared about all those who are starving, it wouldn't be such a problem. I think we often blame God for stuff we bring on ourselves and others. :(

robtex

Veteran Member
Soul Jesus is feeding the people you are just looking at it from the wrong angle. Jesus set the example of how to feed the people by his selfless lifestyle and lifetime committment to good deeds. We the people, upon seeing how amazing if feels to us and to others to good now have Jesus example before us and have the option to feed the people today (if we are capable financially). Jesus example metaphorically literallly or howevery you want to define it gives us a protocall and model for which to feed the people today.

Metaphorically speaking Jesus is feeding the people today. Through christians all over the world who chose to live by his example and teachings.

huajiro

retrorich said:
My thoughts exactly. God gets all the credit for everything good that happens and none of the blame for the bad things that happen. And that is the basis for my atheism.

Frubals to you, SoulTYPE01 !

Sorry, the Frubals God wouldn't let me give you any frubals at this time.
"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to SoulTYPE01 again."

I will give them to you later. :)
I gave him some for you.

huajiro

SoulTYPE01 said:

I am hungry.
Not only that, why are there so many people getting rich in the name of "God", while all of these people are starving?

Hope

Princesinha
huajiro said:
Not only that, why are there so many people getting rich in the name of "God", while all of these people are starving?
Well, getting rich in the name of God, if it's only for selfish reasons, and if those who are doing it are not distributing their wealth---yes, then it's very wrong, and I am wholeheartedly against it. But if someone is blessed by God financially and uses their money to help others---there's obviously no wrong in that. A true disciple of Christ, however, would never seek financial gain for selfish purposes. I realize there are many Christians who see God kind of like a giant cash machine---I think that's ridiculous. And sad. If God wants to bless someone with money, then that's up to Him. Money shouldn't be a Christian's focus.

chuck010342

SoulTYPE01 said:

I am hungry.

Magical Trick? Jesus Created the bread and fish out of Nothing. If he created the heavens and the earth out of nothing I don't think the bread and fish is going to be a problem. What you said is what we in apologetics call the problem of Pain. Why do we suffer if God is Good and loves his people? The Book of Job has the answers. WHy don't you read it and see if you can find the answer.

SoulTYPE

robtex said:
Soul Jesus is feeding the people you are just looking at it from the wrong angle. Jesus set the example of how to feed the people by his selfless lifestyle and lifetime committment to good deeds. We the people, upon seeing how amazing if feels to us and to others to good now have Jesus example before us and have the option to feed the people today (if we are capable financially). Jesus example metaphorically literallly or howevery you want to define it gives us a protocall and model for which to feed the people today.

Metaphorically speaking Jesus is feeding the people today. Through christians all over the world who chose to live by his example and teachings.
Do you mean all this through causes such as the Salvation Army and so fot\rth, robtex?

No*s

Captain Obvious
SoulTYPE01 said:

I am hungry.

Soul,

I really, and truly, do not know the answer to that. The best I can say is that much of our suffering is engineered by ourselves and our own greed (I we could feed the world if we didn't try and distribute things the way we do...).

That said, even though we can ascribe guilt to ourselves on why it occurs, I cannot understand why God does not stop it any more than I can understand the mind of God Himself. It's kind of like the question: why would He heal in one place, but not another? These are the types of questions I truly cannot answer...

cardero

Citizen Mod
Hope writes: We can be God's instruments, if we want to, and care enough. If enough people in the world really and truly cared about all those who are starving, it wouldn't be such a problem.
Hope brings out a very good point. Whether you believe the story of Jesus or not I think Jesus set the example for future generations to follow it. There really should be no reason why someone should go to bed hungry tonight.

may

SoulTYPE01 said:

I am hungry.

A​
Portent of Things to Come

The powerful works that Jesus performed on earth were just foregleams of even grander blessings to come under his kingly rule. In God’s new world, Jesus will once again work miracles—but on a global scale! Consider some of the thrilling prospects ahead.​

Jesus will restore the earth’s ecology to perfect balance. Recall that he demonstrated control of natural forces by calming a windstorm. Surely, then, under Christ’s Kingdom rule, mankind will have no need to fear being harmed by typhoons, earthquakes, volcanoes, or other natural disasters. Since Jesus is the Master Worker, whom Jehovah used to create the earth and all life on it, he fully understands the makeup of the earth. He knows how to use its resources properly. Under his rule, this entire earth will be turned into Paradise.—Luke 23:43.​

What about mankind’s needs? Jesus’ ability to feed thousands bountifully, using only a few meager provisions, assures us that his rule will bring freedom from hunger. Indeed, an abundance of food, distributed fairly, will end hunger forever. (Psalm 72:16) His mastery over sickness and disease tells us that sick, blind, deaf, maimed, and lame people will be healed—completely and permanently. (Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6) His ability to resurrect the dead ensures that his mightiness as a heavenly King includes the power to resurrect the countless millions whom his Father is pleased to remember.—John 5:28, 29.

dan

Hey, check out my thread about thehungersite.com. We are Christ's hands these days and we have to ask ourselves how we are contributing to Christ's feeding the hungry. I talked about the website and people started talking about how they questioned the authenticity of the site and stuff like that. When you question the Lord you would do better to look in the mirror when you do it.

robtex

Veteran Member
SoulTYPE01 said:
Do you mean all this through causes such as the Salvation Army and so fot\rth, robtex?

No. I mean his way of life like Gandhi the Dali lama or Susan B Anthony left a legacy and philosphy that people to this day used as a model for their own lives.

I believe the Christians have a saying, "All good things through Christ." When I see a Christian do good or make the world a better place to live I see them as following in a man's footsteps who set an example on how to live ones life that is conducted still today.

Jesus is not personally feeding the poor and starving today but Christians with big hearts and wonderful spirts do following in the manner set to them by the mentor and teacher Jesus Christ.

skidniggidynidz

Christ truly fed the 5 thousand, but shortly after, he gave the infamous bread of life discourse. "I am the bread of life," said He, and when many of the followers saw he wasn't handing out food that day they left. The Master may sometimes ease your physical hunger to get your attention, and then He will show you that He can heal your deeper, more terrible spiritual hunger. Do you believe He can do it, or are you going to walk away, searching for ways to solve your physical appetites.

EightyOne

The Master may sometimes ease your physical hunger to get your attention, and then He will show you that He can heal your deeper, more terrible spiritual hunger.
However, the fact of the matter is that he is no longer taking the initiative to alleviate the physical hunger of all the starving millions. Can he honestly expect people to have the strength to follow the spiritual rigors of Christianity when they do not even possess what is necessary to cope with their physical pains?

linwood

Hope said:
I wish I could answer that, Soul. However, since He was able, why didn't He feed all the starving people on the planet when He was here, and not just the 5000? He only displayed His miracles in a very small corner of the world, to a very small nation of people.
Because those 5k were Gods people.

"First I should help my own family, the Jews. It isn't right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs."