• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Depicted In Sex Act In Loveland Co. Art Exhibit?

Smoke

Done here.
Okay, so I looked at it......

....that's it? :shrug:

Exactly. A politician sees this as a chance to make some political hay, and claims that one person -- one person -- complained about it, and idiots all over the country get their panties in a wad about it. It's amazing how easily people are manipulated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exactly. A politician sees this as a chance to make some political hay, and claims that one person -- one person -- complained about it, and idiots all over the country get their panties in a wad about it. It's amazing how easily people are manipulated.
Some of us idiots don't think we're being manipulated.
We just have different perspective, & see real issues here.

Midnight Pete

Easy for you to say. This isn't something you care about in the least. Now, if it were some kind of hateful anti-gay art, your panties would bunch.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, I'd say all of the idiots don't think you're being manipulated. That's part of the manipulation.
The manipulated ones always point to us as being manipulated, blind to their own plight.
Believers often tell me how I'm ruled by Satan because I don't love Jesus.

And what real issues do you see?
Read my prior posts. It's all there.

Smoke

Done here.
Easy for you to say. This isn't something you care about in the least. Now, if it were some kind of hateful anti-gay art, your panties would bunch.
You obviously have not been following the threads in which I've consistently defended the right to hate speech and the right of the Westboro Baptist Church to hold their hateful anti-gay pickets.

I'll be glad to accept your apology for the slur on my character whenever you're ready.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

It depends. If it's some kind of anti-gay art piece in a museum, I (and most likely Smoke) would probably think it was stupid, but I wouldn't necessarily think it had to be removed.

Also, what is anti-Jesus about this piece of art? What is so offensive about it? Yes, they depict Jesus as a woman having oral sex with someone. So? Let's say instead of Jesus, it was Gandhi. I still wouldn't care.

It's not the fact that it's not something I care about that means I can brush it off. It's the fact that it's some random person's piece of art that means I can brush it off. If a movie paints gay people in a bad light, it's still just a movie.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The manipulated ones always point to us as being manipulated, blind to their own plight.

Huh? Did you really just say "I know you are, but what am I?"? Wow.

Believers often tell me how I'm ruled by Satan because I don't love Jesus.

I bet they do. I'm glad you feel this is relevant, even though it's not.

Read my prior posts. It's all there.

You mean the ones where you used poor analogies to make it sound like the people who were saying this was no big deal are hypocrites? Is that your issue? I already tried to correct you on that. I can do it again, since it seems necessary.

This is no different than a TV show or movie making fun of Jon Stewart or Obama or something. For intance, Rick Sanchez recently made some stupid remarks calling Stewart a bigot and saying Jews controlled the media. He was fired for it (or at least that was the last straw for him). That's not really a firable offense, and I wouldn't suggest firing him for it. I can brush off stupid remarks like that. Just like in this case, I would tell Christians to get over it, and brush it off.

As for the WBC, as I said before it's not so much what they're saying, but how they're expressing it. I would be just as offended by this guy taking his pictures and standing outside a church shoving it in people's faces as I am of the WBC protesting funerals. There is no double standard here. Got it?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
People who like to be offended will always find something to be offended by. Personally, I don't understand why people give so much control over their feelings to people they don't like. Then again, I don't find being offended pleasant or desirable.

Smoke

Done here.
Aint that the truth. All I have to do to make gay people angry is exist.

No, it's not the truth. I have never suggested that Mormons or any other anti-gay group should be censored or deprived of their civil liberties in any way. What I have done is to argue against their attempts to deprive us of our civil liberties.

Interesting that people who do the actual persecuting feel persecuted when they're criticized for it.

Smoke

Done here.
Ironically, you reveal far more about yourself with this statement, than you do about homosexuals.

christian1.jpg