• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus as the Lightbringer?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Not complaining, just making a point. I'm actually rather content all things considered, probably due to my world view. In fact I'd bet money in half the time I've survived twice as much as you. You may see me as a troll if you wish, big bad Setian running from a little adversarial thought.
:)

In fact, I don't even see what I said that can be interpreted as complaining . If stating facts of life throw you off then I'm not the one with the problem.

Doors, I have a feeling you think I'm some arrogant ********* who thinks my will conquers all. That's not me at all, I'm not perfect, no where near it. I've made plenty of mistakes and have fallen hard, face down in the mud of life. The biggest mistake I made was becoming addicted to narcotic pain meds in my early thirties. I lost everything during this time of my soul's dark night, my job, my savings, my apartment, and almost my life - plagued with depression and suicidal tendencies. However, with the help and support of family and loved ones I eventually got back on my feet, regained my love for life, and my musical inspiration. I could not have done it alone because I am not a god I am very much human. Another thing that helped me to redeem my Self was the Setian philosophy of Xeper. All I am saying is that through the inspiration of mind and will you can achieve your life goals. Of course there are no guarantees, but if you Work hard enough it is indeed possible.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Last edited:

Kemble

Adramelek, that's very impressive! I like to think of Willpower as a muscle - use it or lose it. You are very much using yours. It always starts small. And if a god is the most important thing in your life rather than defined in the usual idea if superhuman powers, you are very much one. If you think about it, without "you" your world of experience would collapse! In that way you are the keystone of the universe.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Adramelek, I always forget how mystically similar our stories are.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
You might consider that low frequency computer monitors/flashing lights have been known to produce seizures, fwiw.

Interesting that you say that, I would say, without in-depth study, that that is somehow caused by a interaction between the reception of light between the eyes and the visual cortex, and them from the visual cortex to the part of the brain that causes seizures.

But with that being said, the fact that the eyes can percieve light, and that light is proccessed in an area of the brain, implies that light can have an affect on human biological process. How does light affect the visual cortex? The light transfers "information" based on the reflection of light from objects in the line of sight of the observer which is then processed into our formation of the objects around us. If light did not transmit information than this would not be possible.

Premium Member
Interesting that you say that, I would say, without in-depth study, that that is somehow caused by a interaction between the reception of light between the eyes and the visual cortex, and them from the visual cortex to the part of the brain that causes seizures.

But with that being said, the fact that the eyes can percieve light, and that light is proccessed in an area of the brain, implies that light can have an affect on human biological process. How does light affect the visual cortex? The light transfers "information" based on the reflection of light from objects in the line of sight of the observer which is then processed into our formation of the objects around us. If light did not transmit information than this would not be possible.

I don't see what us being able to see has to do with anything. Like what point are you trying to make? That light affects biological processes? Of course it does.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

Well, that is what a photon is. It is a virtual particle formed as an energy/information transfer device (containing the information of the wave--all of a photon's attributes come from the waveform {wavelength, etc}--it has no mass or charge of its own) when the wave collapses.

nash8

I don't see what us being able to see has to do with anything. Like what point are you trying to make? That light affects biological processes? Of course it does.

The point I'm trying to make with this is that light affects human biological processes including the brain which, as far as we can tell, causes cognition. If light transmits information through the reception of the eyes, than that means light as processed as information and causes changes in what we are thinking about. Thus light changes how we think.

In the concept of the eyes it works a little differently, but what I'm saying is: Cells emit and absorb light. If this process functions in any way simlar to how the human eyes function, then light is the basis of all human biological functions, including brain functions. The light acts as signal to a cell that tells it how it should react, so basically your thoughts are based on the light signal from one brain cell to another.

Considering you are contacted by about 2500 photons per second per square inch of your body (yahoo answers info, correct me if I'm wrong), it poses the possibility that your thoughts are possibly influenced by external sources.

Then you throw in "the fact" that the human body produces photons within the visible light spectrum that extend beyond the confines of the human body. It proposes the possibility that others can influence your thoughts.

All of this is dependent on the questions that I posed earlier, but as of yet I have not been able to find answer to these questions.

My theory is based on scientific evidence, as in the scientific mechanisms for my theory are supported, and there are people within the scientific community that believe the same thing I do, but there is little evidence that actually confirms that my theory is true.

I would say that the reasons are two-fold.
1. As I stated earlier, it would be extremely difficult to accurately measure the data that would be required to confirm my hypothesis with our current technology.
2. It proposes some serious ethical issues. Think if telepathic abilities were supported by the scientific community. Scientific support that humans have the direct ability to affect how other humans think, would cause huge problems within mainstream society.

Premium Member
Of course thoughts are affected by external sources, our brains form pathways based on things that happen to us, there is a world outside the mind. This whole thing about light carrying information... I'm still lost. But with the admission that science can't touch this and the idea of telepathy.....

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The point I'm trying to make with this is that light affects human biological processes including the brain which, as far as we can tell, causes cognition. If light transmits information through the reception of the eyes, than that means light as processed as information and causes changes in what we are thinking about. Thus light changes how we think.

In the concept of the eyes it works a little differently, but what I'm saying is: Cells emit and absorb light. If this process functions in any way simlar to how the human eyes function, then light is the basis of all human biological functions, including brain functions. The light acts as signal to a cell that tells it how it should react, so basically your thoughts are based on the light signal from one brain cell to another.

Considering you are contacted by about 2500 photons per second per square inch of your body (yahoo answers info, correct me if I'm wrong), it poses the possibility that your thoughts are possibly influenced by external sources.

Then you throw in "the fact" that the human body produces photons within the visible light spectrum that extend beyond the confines of the human body. It proposes the possibility that others can influence your thoughts.

All of this is dependent on the questions that I posed earlier, but as of yet I have not been able to find answer to these questions.

My theory is based on scientific evidence, as in the scientific mechanisms for my theory are supported, and there are people within the scientific community that believe the same thing I do, but there is little evidence that actually confirms that my theory is true.

I would say that the reasons are two-fold.
1. As I stated earlier, it would be extremely difficult to accurately measure the data that would be required to confirm my hypothesis with our current technology.
2. It proposes some serious ethical issues. Think if telepathic abilities were supported by the scientific community. Scientific support that humans have the direct ability to affect how other humans think, would cause huge problems within mainstream society.
LOL. I hope you are not trying to justify burkhas/veiling to "block" these photon emissions. :p

nash8

Of course thoughts are affected by external sources, our brains form pathways based on things that happen to us, there is a world outside the mind. This whole thing about light carrying information... I'm still lost. But with the admission that science can't touch this and the idea of telepathy.....

Here's some links that kind of explain what I'm talking bout, although I tend to think it's a lot more complex than what is presented.

Endogenous Light Nexus Theory of Consciousness
Everything you know is a lie !: Biophotons And The Universal Light Code

LOL. I hope you are not trying to justify burkhas/veiling to "block" these photon emissions. :p

Burkhas wouldn't work, only aluminum foil hats work. ;)

Interestingly on burkas though, I wrote a paper in college were I actually located information that in Mohammed's court, the burkah was a sign of respect amongst men and women both. Women who wore Burkahs were actually above many men in Mohammed's court, it meant that they didn't have to work in the fields. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Interestingly, I also found a lot of information how the Arabic world, and particularly the early Muslim world gave women more rights than any other coexistant culture. It's crazy to think considering the role of women in many Muslim societies today, but they were some pretty reliable sources as I remember.