• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus as the Lightbringer?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Again. I say I am a misanthropologist and I could care less about the lives of others. What concerns me is the success of those of my own kind - remember, I Came Into Being on my own part through the process of Xeper and Remanifestation.

Sin seriously!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Again. I say I am a misanthropologist and I could care less about the lives of others. What concerns me is the success of those of my own kind - remember, I Came Into Being on my own part through the process of Xeper and Remanifestation.

Sin seriously!
/Adramelek\

Makes it easier to ignore outside information that contradicts your religion I assume.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Adramelek, what is disturbing is your idea that with Will all can be accomplished. How about you factor in the difficulty to get jobs, let alone jobs that pay enough to survive and afford school. Then factor in the outrageous costs of school which leave tremendous amount of people in debt if they even pull it off that way. Get through the hundreds of thousands of dollars for school and you enter a world where most graduates end up moving back home struggling to find jobs. We have people which PhDs lucky enough to teach community college. The mind is not all there is, even if your little religious leaders say otherwise. You may find my supposed lack of magic success disturbing (I'm actually rather accomplished), but I find it far more disturbing that you're so caught up in your little magic land that you don't even understand the real world.

You do data entry and installed carpet. Wow, cudos, that's superior magick right there.

Lol, that's dick.

In any regard, I agree Adramelek, that all things can be manifested through will. That's the conclusion that most of the quantum science community has come to as well as far as I can tell.

What I don't think Adramelek realizes though, is just as his will has the power to manifest for himself, others have the ability to manifest situations, possibilities, and realities in his life just as easily. It comes down to a power of will, but while you might have one or two people manifesting against you, some people have hundreds, if not thousands or more. You said you wan't the equality of opportunity, but those with the power would rather jump you with a group of people when your not looking, rather than fight one on one. I don't agree with that, and from what you have said I don't think you do either.

Sin seriously!
/Adramelek\

Who are your own kind?

Makes it easier to ignore outside information that contradicts your religion I assume.

Premium Member
The quantum science community does not say that, the quantum mystic community does.

Premium Member
I'm disturbed by the amount of new agey ideals, solipsism, and utter ignorance to the workings of the world that has grown into the DIR.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
But in that sense what causes a destination?
Let me explain. The Pali texts describe Nibbana as uncaused, untraceable, or ineffable. Zen uses the word "spontaneous." The fourth seal of Buddhism says "Nibbana is beyond concepts." "Release," "liberation" and "blowing out of karma (causal ties)" are other phrases used.

It is somewhat like the LHP idea of separating from the objective universe, in that there is no discernible way of tracing the causal factors upon which ones consciousness is based, but it doesn't go so far as claiming "isolate intelligence," in that "isolate" is a comparative traceable concept.
"And when the devas, together with Indra, the Brahmas, & Pajapati, search for the monk whose mind is thus released, they cannot find that 'The consciousness of the one truly gone (tathagata) is dependent on this.' Why is that? The one truly gone is untraceable even in the here & now.

-source-

nash8

The quantum science community does not say that, the quantum mystic community does.

That is not neccesarily true, although the scientific community does not usually delve into the Mystical/philosophical/religious aspects of quantum reality. And the extent to which humans have the ability to influence reality is debatable, but nonetheless at the most basic levels, humans have the ability to influence reality. There are many interviews with leading quantum physicists that basically state this view, albeit in a round about way many times.

The most basic examples are the slit experiments. As far as we can tell, human observation affects the way light reacts, since EMR flows through basically everything, it is only natural for us to assume that human perception has the ability to affect everything. Consideriding the theory of intercellular biophotonic communication, it makes the ability of humans to affect light even more interesting.

How this translates from the quantum level to the physically observable level is an entirely different matter. But it is interesting to note that objects as large as 60 atom molecules called buckeyballs seem to be affected by human perception as well. That means protons, neutrons, and electrons fall under the same category.

From what I gather, there seems to be a specific level of mass in which this phenomenon stops happening, but it begs the question of what level of mass does this stop occurring, and why does it stop? And would it still stop if there was a continual application of observation over an extended period of time? And Would the length of observation alter the level of mass that could be affected.

I'm disturbed by the amount of new agey ideals, solipsism, and utter ignorance to the workings of the world that has grown into the DIR.

Sorry I bring my new-agey crap into the DIR. But my new-agey crap is not really new agey. I don't even like new age stuff, I adhere to many new age ideas, but it is because of my own logical deductions based on my own research into scientific theories, and not because I read some article by Deepok Chapra, and immediately accept it is fact. If I can not verify a scientifically plausible theory for a particular idea than I do not incorporate it into my ideology. I don't care for Chapra or the new age, as I don't feel they try to scientifically justify their views, they just say it's beyond comprehension or some aincient church tactic like that.

I adhere to quantum mysticism, but is my own form of quantum mysticism, and it posits many ideas that are opposite to media "quantum mysticism".

Let me explain. The Pali texts describe Nibbana as uncaused, untraceable, or ineffable. Zen uses the word "spontaneous." The fourth seal of Buddhism says "Nibbana is beyond concepts." "Release," "liberation" and "blowing out of karma (causal ties)" are other phrases used.

It is somewhat like the LHP idea of separating from the objective universe, in that there is no discernible way of tracing the causal factors upon which ones consciousness is based, but it doesn't go so far as claiming "isolate intelligence," in that "isolate" is a comparative traceable concept.
"And when the devas, together with Indra, the Brahmas, & Pajapati, search for the monk whose mind is thus released, they cannot find that 'The consciousness of the one truly gone (tathagata) is dependent on this.' Why is that? The one truly gone is untraceable even in the here & now.

-source-

It seems to me like your are trying to identify Nirvana with a bunch of Eastern labels, are those better than Western labels? ;)

Now we are getting back to what originally started this discussion. My personal opinion is that I have experienced what you call Nirvana. I know of it as a state of pure bliss, although your view my be different. I also feel that I have experienced what you describe as the LHP of total withdrawl from the objective universe. For me the action of experiencing them are different. One is nothingness, one is oneness.
I believe that it is the merger of these two states of conciousness and/or non conciousness that is equal to transcendence, that, I do not feel as though I have experience yet.

If your idea of Nirvana is transcendence, then I can not speak on whether it happens spontaneously or not. As for reaching Oneness and/or Nothingness I can definitely remember a series of actions and/or life events that led me to reach them. As far as the physical process that I went through, all the times I have reached these states, there is a particular meditation that I do, and a very simple one at that, in which these states happen.

I don't know what exactly I do differently to reach these states, or what conditions allow me to reach this state sometimes and most of the time not, so on that level I guess you could say that it is spontaneous, but I would dare to gaurantee that there are people in this world that know exactly what to do, to generate these states on demand.

If your idea of action means why something happens, then your right I have no idea why the events of my life lead me to learn this meditation, which in turn led me to be able to experience this state. But my idea of action is how something happens, and while I don't neccesarilly know all of the steps involved, I do know enough to be able to induce these states on a few occasions, although not many. I also have not been able to carry either of these states into my everyday life, which I believe is also something that I believe possible, and would be something that I would call true transcendence. I would expect that being able to carry these states over into everyday life would be a product of experiencing them on a regular basis, but I dunno.

I tried to relate these two experiences to the direct experience of two physical representations, basically I am trying to say that when we as a human beings experience these two states, you are in actuality, experiencing the conciousness of these two "quantum particles" for lack of a better word. Not saying that's what happens, just saying that's how I like to identify it.

I would compare it to the LHP idea of delving into archetypes. You are essentially merging yourself with the conciousness that a particular archetype represents. I'm just saying that when you experience oneness and/or nothingness you are actually merging yourself with the conciousness of quantum particles that represent these energies. Again, not saying that is what is actually happening, just saying that is my opinion of what happens during these states.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
It seems to me like your are trying to identify Nirvana with a bunch of Eastern labels, are those better than Western labels? ;)
Heh! :D

Now we are getting back to what originally started this discussion.
Oh back to the topic? Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of the world."
My personal opinion is that I have experienced what you call Nirvana. I know of it as a state of pure bliss, although your view my be different. I also feel that I have experienced what you describe as the LHP of total withdrawl from the objective universe. For me the action of experiencing them are different. One is nothingness, one is oneness.
Emptiness is not nothingness.
I believe that it is the merger of these two states of conciousness and/or non conciousness that is equal to transcendence, that, I do not feel as though I have experience yet.

If your idea of Nirvana is transcendence, then I can not speak on whether it happens spontaneously or not. As for reaching Oneness and/or Nothingness I can definitely remember a series of actions and/or life events that led me to reach them. As far as the physical process that I went through, all the times I have reached these states, there is a particular meditation that I do, and a very simple one at that, in which these states happen.

I don't know what exactly I do differently to reach these states, or what conditions allow me to reach this state sometimes and most of the time not, so on that level I guess you could say that it is spontaneous, but I would dare to gaurantee that there are people in this world that know exactly what to do, to generate these states on demand.

If your idea of action means why something happens, then your right I have no idea why the events of my life lead me to learn this meditation, which in turn led me to be able to experience this state. But my idea of action is how something happens, and while I don't neccesarilly know all of the steps involved, I do know enough to be able to induce these states on a few occasions, although not many. I also have not been able to carry either of these states into my everyday life, which I believe is also something that I believe possible, and would be something that I would call true transcendence. I would expect that being able to carry these states over into everyday life would be a product of experiencing them on a regular basis, but I dunno.

I tried to relate these two experiences to the direct experience of two physical representations, basically I am trying to say that when we as a human beings experience these two states, you are in actuality, experiencing the conciousness of these two "quantum particles" for lack of a better word. Not saying that's what happens, just saying that's how I like to identify it.

I would compare it to the LHP idea of delving into archetypes. You are essentially merging yourself with the conciousness that a particular archetype represents. I'm just saying that when you experience oneness and/or nothingness you are actually merging yourself with the conciousness of quantum particles that represent these energies. Again, not saying that is what is actually happening, just saying that is my opinion of what happens during these states.
Back to Jesus: "I and the Father are one."

nash8

Heh! :D

Oh back to the topic? Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of the world."

Emptiness is not nothingness.

Back to Jesus: "I and the Father are one."

How do you know he really said that, and if he did, what did he mean by that?

And I would not describe my experience as emptiness. Emptiness implies that there is something to be empty. I had no recognition of any boundries of my self, yet I went into myself to start the experience, but once I was in myself, I went way beyond myself it was like their was no limit to anything. It was similar to the sensation of oneness, but totally opposite. During the oneness I experienced the entire universe. I guess you could say I experienced the emptiness of the entire universe.

And this actually goes back to our conversation in my other thread about the essence of black flame not about this one, but they seemed to have meshed into one label hating, non collectivist mess. :D

Premium Member
We are not deciding anything in the double slit experiment, actually. Observation may change outcome at the quantum level (the quantum level does not translate to our level, debunking many QM rubbish such as teleportation), but we are not deciding how things like electrons in the double slit experiment will work. We are simply discovering. This does nothing for the argument that absolutely anything I Will can Be. And I hate to inform, but quantum mysticism IS a new age belief lol.

crossfire

Premium Member
How do you know he really said that, and if he did, what did he mean by that?
Oh, so this thread that you started is all about poisoning the well? Gotcha.

And I would not describe my experience as emptiness. Emptiness implies that there is something to be empty. I had no recognition of any boundries of my self, yet I went into myself to start the experience, but once I was in myself, I went way beyond myself it was like their was no limit to anything. It was similar to the sensation of oneness, but totally opposite. During the oneness I experienced the entire universe. I guess you could say I experienced the emptiness of the entire universe.

And this actually goes back to our conversation in my other thread about the essence of black flame not about this one, but they seemed to have meshed into one label hating, non collectivist mess. :D
Both solipsism and nihilism are illusions, imo. And yes, one can experience both of these illusions at once.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You do data entry and installed carpet. Wow, cudos, that's superior magick right there.

The measure of success in monetary terms is irrelevant. If one has what one needs you are successful. Personally, I have a very low interest in material things most because beyond a certain point it is merely an attempt to show off. Sometimes it is better to be less important domestically so you have more time to work in the other realms of your life. The more you make the more you are beholden to those who are above you on the ladder. I've made 20k a year and 100k a year and decided I didn't want the distraction of that "high pay" job. People think that if they pay you more they can control more of your life.

It's not really all cut and dry... there are other considerations..

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Adramelek, what is disturbing is your idea that with Will all can be accomplished. How about you factor in the difficulty to get jobs, let alone jobs that pay enough to survive and afford school. Then factor in the outrageous costs of school which leave tremendous amount of people in debt if they even pull it off that way. Get through the hundreds of thousands of dollars for school and you enter a world where most graduates end up moving back home struggling to find jobs. We have people which PhDs lucky enough to teach community college. The mind is not all there is, even if your little religious leaders say otherwise. You may find my supposed lack of magic success disturbing (I'm actually rather accomplished), but I find it far more disturbing that you're so caught up in your little magic land that you don't even understand the real world.

Hey don't take your problems with the real world out on me. You only come off to me as a whiney bitter little troll. F****** man up, stop complaining and face the challenges that life throws at you like the rest of us. Data entry and laying carpet might not sound luxurious enough for you, but like Mindmaster has said, they have always gotten me what I need, my musical work fills in the rest.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Premium Member
Hey don't take your problems with the real world out on me. You only come off to me as a whiney bitter little troll. F****** man up, stop complaining and face the challenges that life throws at you like the rest of us. Data entry and laying carpet might not sound luxurious enough for you, but like Mindmaster has said, they have always gotten me what I need, my musical work fills in the rest.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Not complaining, just making a point. I'm actually rather content all things considered, probably due to my world view. In fact I'd bet money in half the time I've survived twice as much as you. You may see me as a troll if you wish, big bad Setian running from a little adversarial thought.
:)

In fact, I don't even see what I said that can be interpreted as complaining . If stating facts of life throw you off then I'm not the one with the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

nash8

Oh, so this thread that you started is all about poisoning the well? Gotcha.

Both solipsism and nihilism are illusions, imo. And yes, one can experience both of these illusions at once.

No, definitely not poisoning the well. If I wanted to do that, I would have posted this thread in the main religious forum. And then, waited while all the the conservative Christians started yelling at me. I wanted to relate my ideas to people who were more knowledgeable about Luciferian theology than I am myself. Not everyone has agreed with me and that's cool, but many have and that's cool too.

Solipsism and nihilism are philosophies about the reality of life. Neither one of my experiences are philosophies, nor were they intended to be. They were simply my description of states of mind that I experienced during meditation. I am not trying to say that reality only exists in my mind, or that reality does not exist.

The measure of success in monetary terms is irrelevant. If one has what one needs you are successful. Personally, I have a very low interest in material things most because beyond a certain point it is merely an attempt to show off. Sometimes it is better to be less important domestically so you have more time to work in the other realms of your life. The more you make the more you are beholden to those who are above you on the ladder. I've made 20k a year and 100k a year and decided I didn't want the distraction of that "high pay" job. People think that if they pay you more they can control more of your life.

It's not really all cut and dry... there are other considerations..

Indeed, someone who makes 1 million dollars a year working 80 hours in a job they hate is going to be significantly less happy than someone working 40 hours a week making 100k a year doing a job they love, at least in my opinion. Freedom from is what what makes people happy in my opinion, not the money itself.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Tell em Adramelek.

When people claim things like their every Will can become manifest and other new age mumbo jumbo I always think of this lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH-8fzQechY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I havent watched the video, but go look up what quantum physicists say on the subject. Your will does become manifest, but theres so many things that go into it it's unfathomable. What if I will you to be poor, and you will yourself to become rich? What if 1000 people will you to become poor, and you will yourself to be rich? Who's will wins? Subconcious desires also come into manifestation as well, you might actually be willing yourself something negative and not even realize it.

Premium Member
I've looked deeply into quantum physics. I question if you have though... Things such as Will always becoming Manifest, telepathy, teleportation, and other quantum mystical new age beliefs are generally agreed upon to be just that: new age pseudoscience. Perfectly fine for personal symbolism, fideistic when claiming objectivity.

nash8

I've looked deeply into quantum physics. I question if you have though... Things such as Will always becoming Manifest, telepathy, teleportation, and other quantum mystical new age beliefs are generally agreed upon to be just that: new age pseudoscience. Perfectly fine for personal symbolism, fideistic when claiming objectivity.

I have looked deeply into quantum phsyics as well, how dare you doubt my authority in the matter. :D

I never said will always becoming manifest, I actually said the opposite.

If biophotonic cellular communication than telepathy is definitely possible, and light can transmit information otherwise fibreoptics would not be possible. Why should we assume that light does not perform a similar purpose within the human body. There are many determinations that would have to be made before we can definitively answer that question. These determinations propose huge restrictions to the study of this particular field.

1. What particular frequency and energy level does each cell require before it will accept the photon, and cause a concurrent reaction based upon the information presented by the photon. If the energy level and/or frequency of the photon is not precise, then the photon would simply pass through the cell and/or be absorbed by the cell, this is quantum physics.

2. Strictly when concerning the brain, where conciousness is thought to stem from, how do you accurately monitor and measure how an individual brain cell reacts to one photon being absorbed by one brain cell in a living being?

These questions would have to be answered in order to form a concrete opinion on quantum telepathy, and as you can see they are extremely difficult questions for science to answer as you are observing on the smallest scale known to man, the quantum level. And in the most sensitive, complex area that humans know of, the human brain. So your are essentialy trying to study the two most complex aspects of science at one time. Thus the lack of evidence, in my opinion, is not due to it not being present, but rather in science's lack of ability to accurately measure the quanta and medium that are involved.

I also have some questions regarding quantum telepathy, that I would like help finding information on, as I have not been able locate any information.

1. How far do biophotons travel away from the human body?
2. How does distance traveled away from the body affect the energy level/frequency?
3. How does frequency/energy level effect the photoelectric process. In other words, can a high frequency/low energy photon have the same effect on a molecule, as does a low frequency/high energy photon.
4. Is there a specific ratio and/or level where this balances out?
5. Are there any scientific experiments that test whether and/or show evidence of photoelectic processes within the human body other than the synthesis of vitamin D?

crossfire

Premium Member
3. How does frequency/energy level effect the photoelectric process. In other words, can a high frequency/low energy photon have the same effect on a molecule, as does a low frequency/high energy photon.
You might consider that low frequency computer monitors/flashing lights have been known to produce seizures, fwiw.