• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus as the Lightbringer?

Straw Dog

Jesus... Lucifer... Either way, I'm done following cults of personality. I suppose that some might consider me to be a LHP Daoist, but this is only because the mainstream has been culturally pressured into disharmony.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Jesus... Lucifer... Either way, I'm done following cults of personality. I suppose that some might consider me to be a LHP Daoist, but this is only because the mainstream has been culturally pressured into disharmony.

Why not conjoin yourself with the cult of your own personality, which may be influenced by the Magic and philosophy of others? I see nothing wrong with that.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Why conjoin with any cult?

Ok, good point! So what you are saying is that your too good to conjoin with others of the Black Arts? I will say this, that anyone who suggests that they are not influenced by other Black Magicians are lying through their teeth. We are all influenced by each other - there is no escaping this!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Straw Dog

Ok, good point! So what you are saying is that your too good to conjoin with others of the Black Arts? I will say this, that anyone who suggests that they are not influenced by other Black Magicians are lying through their teeth. We are all influenced by each other!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Fair enough. I am influenced by others, but what are the Black Arts?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Yay, proselytizing. What some call the "black arts" fit in many more places than Setianism, Straw Dog. If you get down to it really it is just more symbolism, which we love here. If we try to give some objective definition, these black arts are opposed to what I suppose we can call "white arts". You look at things like prayer, Wiccan magic, some schools of Thelemic thought and you see that they use magic to fall in line with some morality, follow some path, obey the rules. The so called black arts can be more seen as helping yourself. We are not interested in absorbtion into a deity or anything of the sort, we are interested in Self evolution, helping ourselves rise higher.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Crossfire said:
Well, if you are interested in my interpretation, which may or may not be what Adramelek is conveying, here it is, fwiw.
Yes, I'm definitely interested in your interpretation.
If the physical is just a (distorted) shadow manifestation of the spiritual, then the black sun would be the unseen spiritual light/guidance, and midnight would mean that you would have to look deep within your psyche in order to tune into it. From the state that the earth is in, I would say that the distortion factor would have to be rather high between the spiritual and the physical--resulting in the hellish state we have. However, one would have to make on's psyche/mind less prone to the distortion we see from the physical manifestation in order for it to be of benefit.
Let us for the sake of problem solving assume that "The physical is a shadow manifestation of the spiritual." If you removed the distortion you would remove the physical, but you might also remove the mind. Let us say that you would not remove the mind however. How would one make the mind less prone to a distortion in the spiritual in a useful way? From the premise it sounds like the body is created by distortion but not the mind. The depth of the mind is where the black sun shines, so it is the realization of ideas without their transmission?

Premium Member
Which is the very essence of Xeper and Setian philosophy.

Sin Seriously,
/Adramelek\

But not strictly Setian. When teaching someone about these concepts it's only fair to be as unbiased as possible rather than throwing links from one's church at them and associating the concept strictly with one's personal church.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Yes, I'm definitely interested in your interpretation.
Let us for the sake of problem solving assume that "The physical is a shadow manifestation of the spiritual." If you removed the distortion you would remove the physical, but you might also remove the mind. Let us say that you would not remove the mind however. How would one make the mind less prone to a distortion in the spiritual in a useful way? From the premise it sounds like the body is created by distortion but not the mind. The depth of the mind is where the black sun shines, so it is the realization of ideas without their transmission?
I'd start with without projection (in the psychological sense.)

Why isn't the midnight sky not totally filled with the light of all the stars?

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I pretty much consider all paths at least in the LHP a means to a common end. With everything there is a certain dichotomy between the various groups associated with the left hand path. There will always be the enlightened guru, the charismatic, the disturber, or the guy looking to get ranks and talk women into doing rituals with clothes off. You say, "Tomato" and I say, "To-mah-to." All of these people are parasites equally. No one has a monopoly on the truth, but most have a piece of it. I find no reason to join any of them in this day and age. Every nugget of ancient wisdom is available on Amazon, or somewhere on Google. Every mystical process, and even nearly every orders secrets are merely a few clicks away. What you will find is a commonality and where they converge is the truth -- don't get caught up in the trappings; silly names, Setian vs Satanist, etc... All of it is real baulderdash... The kind that rots the soul. Anyone that considers themselves inferior to another being in creation is a slave even if they spend their time spitting on everyone else.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
But not strictly Setian. When teaching someone about these concepts it's only fair to be as unbiased as possible rather than throwing links from one's church at them and associating the concept strictly with one's personal church.

Yes, I would agree. Whenever I discuss Setian philosophy or put up a ToS link I'm only putting it out there as a suggestion and food for thought. People must come to their own conclusions. The ToS does not have a corner on the market on truth or magical thinking. In my humble opinion each individual magician must seek after and become the light-bearer of his/her own Truth.

Sin seriously,
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Last edited:
I pretty much consider all paths at least in the LHP a means to a common end.
Oddly enough two of the "lefter"hand paths, Satanism & Luciferianism, are not in agreement with a common end.

No one has a monopoly on the truth, but most have a piece of it. I find no reason to join any of them in this day and age. Every nugget of ancient wisdom is available on Amazon, or somewhere on Google. Every mystical process, and even nearly every orders secrets are merely a few clicks away.
This may be true to an extent, but what is not available online is the "experience" that is had when working in a sirius occult order. Armchair occultists abound by the thousands, but without a Rite of Passage experience they are sorely missing out on the surprise ending.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Oddly enough two of the "lefter"hand paths, Satanism & Luciferianism, are not in agreement with a common end.

This may be true to an extent, but what is not available online is the "experience" that is had when working in a sirius occult order. Armchair occultists abound by the thousands, but without a Rite of Passage experience they are sorely missing out on the surprise ending.

Most of the experience of working in such an order is politics, social maneuvering, and promoting divisiveness. Initiation is pretty much an illusionary concept anyway generally centered around silly oaths and secret handshakes. You were born with all the tools to access every single power in this universe that you will ever need. Why bother with some intermediary who has only their own interests at heart? Even if they were completely selfless they would still be doing that only in the context of their own benefit. People who give freely do so to feel good or maybe even superior to others (who don't give) which makes even this apparent charity extremely selfish.

As far as Luciferianism and Satanism they can be nearly identical other than operating in the context of a different mythos. Certainly this comment ticks people off, but hey whatever it's the truth. Whether you focus on the animalistic/material side of Satanism or the intellectual spiritual side of it and re-badge it Luciferian it's exactly the same thing. (personally, my stab at it is more spiritual and even MORE like the Luciferians than most..) Certainly there are some some splinter-sects that invalidate the rule, but the general consensus remains true regardless.

In that there are a lot of people who get butt hurt the minute you start insinuating there are similarities because they chose their label and they don't like "the other one". I'm not even getting into that... That is aesthetics only and nothing that anyone can really give a comment on.

Premium Member
I agree almost completely with Mindmaster's explanation, and I can already sense the butt hurting especially from those tied to these silly pseudo-LHP churches.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Kemble said:
I have no idea either to be honest. It sounded like Adramalak was using it as a metaphor to refer to somethig else, but I don't know. I think antichrist may mean someone against Biblical principles. Not too sure about that one either. It's just a lot of play by some folks as part of their antinomian explorations.
Its...I realize what it is now and have no desire to translate it into christian-eese. This has been an interesting conversation. I had always assumed until now that if you needed something special done you went to the mob or to an ex convict, but there are worlds within the worlds!

Kemble

Its...I realize what it is now and have no desire to translate it into christian-eese. This has been an interesting conversation. I had always assumed until now that if you needed something special done you went to the mob or to an ex convict, but there are worlds within the worlds!

Didn't quite get that. Do you mind being more specific? :)

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
We were discussing what 'Black Sun' meant, and I think I understand in what sense it was meant by the person who mentioned it. Not related but separately I also I realized that if some body wants to market something that is not usually condoned by society, such as an illegal service, then they have to find a way to market themselves without saying 'I do such & such'. Those services might sometimes be found through various left-hand paths. I think, for example, that voodoo was often a cover for assassins in Africa. You could go to a voodoo practitioner and get them to curse someone, and that person would die. It stands to reason that there are certain items and services that can't be gotten on Ebay, so just as in Africa of the past there are likely people today who market services using the left-hand religions. This was going beyond what we were discussing about antichrist. I was just mentioning that the conversation about left-hand-paths had been helpful in general.