• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus and Sins

King Phenomenon

It’s quite simple actually. Jesus is our only ticket out of here and our only ticket back. So in a sense he does wipe away all sin. that’s what that means. But it’s been sugarcoated and misunderstood by man. In order to understand something you have to understand the deeper meanings of life first. That’s just the way it is.Then you can interpret things for what they really mean. Otherwise you’re just lost and grasping at straws. Once you find out how we got here and how it will all end many things will start making sense to you. But if you don’t know those things other things will be difficult to understand. It’s okay to know in life. I believe the lord wants us to know. Faith comes before knowing. But one has to think and ponder those two questions. How did we get here? And How will it all end? You must search for these answers with your whole heart. It will take time for the answers but they will come.

Last edited:

wellwisher

Ah Wellwisher, why can't you write shorter posts? I will try to read what you have posted here.
However, please note, animals do have their laws and the society or the leader punishes one who breaks the law.
Language is older than humans (i.e., +200,000 years). Even our non-human ancestors were using language, of whatever kind.
Laws have changed all the time. Laws are formulated according to the necessity of the society. Divine laws will affect divorce, abortion and LGBTQ,
Which and where, law makes breathing unlawful? If an activity pollutes the environment, then it is better to take care of it.
When memory is created, the brain adds an emotional tag; limbic system, to the sensory content; cerebral. Law is a unique and unnatural form of memory, in that law is assigned two conflicting emotional tags. To know the law, you need to know what to do to be safe and what not to do to avoid punishment.

Law is like a two sided coin, that there is both head and tails, but not just heads or tails. The animal will remember things that are good like food; good feeling tag. It will also remember things to fear such as predators; bad feeling tag. But law combines both feelings; rest/satisfaction and fear into each law. For example, in US public schools small children are forced to learn gender pronouns to get along. If you refuse, there can be a punishment. If you go along you will be accepted and/or not threatened. The child has to decide to live in fear or do what is not natural to them to reduce their fear.

The problem, with two conflicting feelings, besides being unnatural to the human animal brain, is the conflicting feelings can cause repression. An easy example to see is being in a love/hate relationship with another person. The memory of that one person has two conflicting emotional tags. Love wants to attract and unite, while hate what's to repel and run away. Since both feelings are active at the same time; to one person, you can neither leave for a fresh start or fully stay for a new beginning. Instead you end up in sort of an orbit around their memory; not too close or too far. This state of suspension; between two thieves, is not natural and causes repression. Law does the same thing but on but a wide ranged scale, since there are so many laws, all with conflicting feeling tags, that are imposed by culture, most of what are man made up and do not apply to all; a one size fits all mentality.

The idea of relative morality appeared as away to settle the emotional conflict of the binary tag; binary is symbolized by Satan. Relative morality allows one to decide if the memory will have a good or evil feeling tag, instead of both. Jesus said, if one thinks something is evil, then it is evil to them, but not necessarily to all. For example, there are people who do not behave the way of the taboo; they do not steal by nature, so they do not need any law for stealing. Relative morality was a way to separate from group think and the polarizations by social conventions, such as collective rules for food or pronouns, based on fear tactics. If you wish to play the game fine, or if you wish to be excused also fine, but there is no one size fits all; binary coin of law.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@wellwisher, difficult to make head or tail of your post. There are national and State laws (if they are permitted to have some laws of their own) and then the laws of particular societies. The latter are not bounding but for peaceful living, following them is advantageous. I know no other set of laws.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I’ve always had a problem with: “Jesus died for our sins.”

Phrased that way it could be a bit misleading.

I suppose the basic sin is believing that our father is in the earth rather than in heaven. All the other so-called ‘sins’ seem to stem from that one.

Proving our father is in heaven and not in the earth, Jesus went to the cross and was resurrected. Pretty painful but very greatly appreciated.

I suppose you could construe that as dying for our sins.

It looks like he gave us the bread of the true nature of the body and the wine of the kingdom to come to ease our fears.

That’s my take anyway.
I think this is what is too often left out of a grownup's understanding: if I can forgive you then that is atonement. He dies so that we will do this. It isn't God who has trouble forgiving people. Jesus would never have had to die if the obstacle was God's forgiveness. It is our forgiveness that is rare and hard to procure. Sometimes forgiving is like having a baby or crawling through a dark tunnel or like moving when you are afraid or lifting when you are completely exhausted.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
I'm not Christian, so you can take my input with a grain of salt if you would like, but here's the way I see it.

Sin is not just a type of crime against divine law. Sin itself is thought to be spiritually real in a metaphysical sense. It's a form of spiritual impurity. That's why baptism is so important; it washes away the impurity of sin. It's why holy water is so important: it spiritually cleans the objects it's used on.

This might be a foreign concept to much of modern Christianity, but it was very real to Christians throughout the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. You see this mentality all throughout thaumaturgic tradition, like in the Greater Key of Solomon, and echoed in various church ceremonies.

The idea of sacrifice is that you get something extremely spiritually pure, like an innocent lamb, your fattest cow, a firstborn goat, etc. and its purity allows it to absorb more sin. When it absorbs that sin, you kill it. Depending on the context and interpretation, the sin either dies with the sacrifice or is burnt when the sacrifice is given as an offering upon the altar. This was a practice observed all throughout Mesopotamia and Macedonia and it's also mentioned as a practice of the ancient Hebrews in the Bible.

The reason why the sinlessness of Jesus is so important is because it makes him a better sponge for sin, which is directly referred to when he's called the "lamb of God." When Jesus sacrificed himself, he took the sins of humanity with him. He had to be extremely pure, almost as pure (or literally as pure) as God himself in order to absorb so much sin.

That's because the sacrifice wasn't just for the people alive at the time, but for all of humanity from beginning to end. Jesus was the last sacrifice. It's why early Christians abstained from animal sacrifice. This would later be used by Christian evangelists to help spread Christianity to pagans, because it was a lot more convenient to simply pray to Christ whenever you needed to make a sacrifice. This specific use of Christ as a sacrificial stand-in was also common and you can see it in texts like the Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage.

So when you're baptized in the name of Christ and you accept him as your savior, as well as when you confess and repent when you break a divine commandment, you are passing the sin you've accumulated onto Christ's sacrifice so that it can be destroyed in an offering that glorifies God. It's extremely poetic.