• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Japan, Hawaii, and N. Cal.

waitasec

Veteran Member
A nation humbled down to ruins, this shows how vulnerable we are, and how temporary our life on earth is... technology, wealth and human power cannot stand up against nature's force without God's protection....I am praying that this nation will get down to its knees and lead them to know Christ as their saviour...while there is still time...

why do you assume they were not being protected by god?

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
I'm just waiting for the first fundy preacher to declare it's an act from on high for Japan's godless ways, or that it's part of the approaching end times. Anyone want to lay odds on who that first preacher will be?

ok here goes...

The beginning of the Great Tribulation will be seen by the passage below of Rev 6 with a great earthquake.
Rev6"12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.
When the great tribulation will begin I do believe that everybody will experience it as mentioned in Matt 24 below verse.
Matt24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
ok here goes...

The beginning of the Great Tribulation will be seen by the passage below of Rev 6 with a great earthquake.
There has been a greater quake and bigger than this. Chile had a 9.5 earthquake in 1960.
Rev6"12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.
When the great tribulation will begin I do believe that everybody will experience it as mentioned in Matt 24 below verse.
Matt24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Okay so World War 1 and 2 weren't great distresses compared to this? It involved the "world". This is mostly about Japan.....:facepalm:

I'm gonna take a guess here and say you're Filipino. Are you also Iglesia ni Cristo?

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
There has been a greater quake and bigger than this. Chile had a 9.5 earthquake in 1960.
Okay so World War 1 and 2 weren't great distresses compared to this? It involved the "world". This is mostly about Japan.....:facepalm:

you should try to know first on what your saying in the upper part if it is included in 666 tragedy which should happen to give way to GT, considering that the twin towers was the 666th tragedy during 9/11.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
you should try to know first on what your saying in the upper part if it is included in 666 tragedy which should happen to give way to GT, considering that the twin towers was the 666th tragedy during 9/11.
Lol, superstition at it's best. Wait, let me guess, the pope's head dress has Roman numerals that if inverted equals 666 too right?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Natural disasters are just that- NATURAL. I am a Christian, yes, but I don't believe that natural disasters are made by God. Earthquakes are caused by shifting plates of the earth, and the tsunami was caused by the earthquake.

I am continuing to pray for Japan.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Natural disasters are just that- NATURAL. I am a Christian, yes, but I don't believe that natural disasters are made by God. Earthquakes are caused by shifting plates of the earth, and the tsunami was caused by the earthquake.

I am continuing to pray for Japan.

did you hear about the 4 month infant that was reunited with her parents?
:)....

Renji

Recently, Japan experienced an earthquake and tsunami (as well as some other countries). Buildings were destroyed and many lives are lost....
But, from what I've seen from the Japanese people, they still remained calm, peaceful and hopeful in spite of what happened. They still practice their unique way of discipline, they help their fellow Japanese and their government is very responsible (in return, the people have a strong trust on them).

I must say, the Japanese are the one of the "strongest" and courageous people that I ever know, and I think, they will be able to rise from this tragedy.

Renji

One thing that a "Christian" must keep in mind, my friend, is that the "Word" of "God" should never be mixed up with superstition.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Recently, Japan experienced an earthquake and tsunami (as well as some other countries). Buildings were destroyed and many lives are lost....
But, from what I've seen from the Japanese people, they still remained calm, peaceful and hopeful in spite of what happened. They still practice their unique way of discipline, they help their fellow Japanese and their government is very responsible (in return, the people have a strong trust on them).

I must say, the Japanese are the one of the "strongest" and courageous people that I ever know, and I think, they will be able to rise from this tragedy.
And 84% of them claim no personal religion..............

Renji

And 84% of them claim no personal religion..............
So what??? It isn't significant to the "issue" or to my post either. I really WONDER WHY YOU ALWAYS INSERT RELIGION INTO THE SCENE???? Also, just to remind you, this is a General Discussion Forum , and all the topics that are discussed here (supposedly) are non religious (and no debating as well). Secondly, Christine's purpose of starting this thread is very simple, just giving out prayers and empathy to Japan, Hawaii, etc.... Couldn't we at least STOP all the religious "barrage" here (belief vs. disbelief) and focus our attention to the real purpose of this thread of Christine???

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Lawrence is right, I did start this thread to suggest prayers and thoughts to the people of Japan and the other places that were hit by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami and the nuclear meltdowns in Japan. I am a little bit dismayed it was turned into a religious discussion.