• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Dobson says media is not 'truthful' in reporting on migrant detention centers

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.
Malachi 3:5

Those aren't verses concerning invasion. Which is what is happening when mass groups of illegal aliens storm a border.
There's a difference between lawful immigration and illegal alien entry.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its so sad when Christians have nothing but hatred for other Christians from south of the border. WWJD??

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Those aren't verses concerning invasion. Which is what is happening when mass groups of illegal aliens storm a border.
There's a difference between lawful immigration and illegal alien entry.
It is not an invasion and there is nothing illegal about being an asylum seeker or refugee.

The Reverend Bob

Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
Isaiah 58:7

The Reverend Bob

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:33-34

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
This coming from someone who identifies as the oxymoron, christian atheist. That's irrational. Join an atheist forum and tell them you're a christian atheist on the new member introduction board and see how you are received.

What atheists don't seem to realize is the bible is full of judgments levied by God upon people who are his own, or who are not and are sinful. Dobson is referring to those scriptures and opining what is happening in America is due to his judgment upon us for falling away from righteousness. Entirely his opinion that he's entitled to. Wrong or right.
However, if you're going to derail the thread with an old news bit about Dobson at least don't be so lazy as to not look for his actual remarks. Which aren't what you claimed.

James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting a Result of God Allowing Judgment to Fall on America
Essentially, Dobson is including gay marriage and abortion as causes for Sandy Hook. Not saying it straight like The Rev did that does not mean that The Rev does not summarize his words.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
You either did not read or do not understand your own sources.
No, you're not going to pull that weak trick. You read part of the first paragraph in the first link and make a false claim after.
That's why the policy of first country asylum was also linked.

I'll keep it simple for you. There's more to the title of refugee than having the left appoint it for the illegal aliens invading our country.
First country asylum would mean it is only Mexican's seeking asylum in the first country who's border insures safe refuge. See the connection? Refugee, refuge.
That's not the case in reality. The mass of illegal aliens pushing north are traveling through other south and central American border states and pushing through all the way to America. That's not how international law concerning refugee's and first country asylum work.
The so called refugee,if they are truly that, are to enter into the first country of asylum away from their origin country of conflict. For the invasion force collecting at our border to be legal refugee's under first country asylum law that would mean Mexico and Mexican's are under threat in Mexico. Which is not the case.

Furthermore, refugee status in a country of refuge is not permanent residency for said refugee. Their stay in that country , first country that grants asylum, is to last only as long as the conflict in their origin state/country lasts. Once the troubles are resolved they are to be deported back to their homeland.

The Reverend Bob

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.
Jeremiah 22:3

The Reverend Bob

the sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveler
Job 31:32

Gee, the Bible sure has a lot to say about refugees, the homeless and asylum seekers and none of it seems to be "put them in concentration camps"