• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Dobson says media is not 'truthful' in reporting on migrant detention centers

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.
Jeremiah 22:3
Still wrong.
Resident alien. You should look that up rather than going to bible scripture search sites and using immigrant as a keyword .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you're not going to pull that weak trick. You read part of the first paragraph in the first link and make a false claim after.
That's why the policy of first country asylum was also linked.

I'll keep it simple for you. There's more to the title of refugee than having the left appoint it for the illegal aliens invading our country.
First country asylum would mean it is only Mexican's seeking asylum in the first country who's border insures safe refuge. See the connection? Refugee, refuge.
That's not the case in reality. The mass of illegal aliens pushing north are traveling through other south and central American border states and pushing through all the way to America. That's not how international law concerning refugee's and first country asylum work.
The so called refugee,if they are truly that, are to enter into the first country of asylum away from their origin country of conflict. For the invasion force collecting at our border to be legal refugee's under first country asylum law that would mean Mexico and Mexican's are under threat in Mexico. Which is not the case.

Furthermore, refugee status in a country of refuge is not permanent residency for said refugee. Their stay in that country , first country that grants asylum, is to last only as long as the conflict in their origin state/country lasts. Once the troubles are resolved they are to be deported back to their homeland.
You need to read your own sources. Mexico almost certainly fails as a "first country of asylum". They do not appear to recognize them as refugees and they have problems of their own. In our laws we do recognize refugees and therefore may be the first country of asylum.

Shad

Veteran Member
I see a lot of claims but no evidence.

The law thus government have the power be deport people back to the country of origin.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
No, it is still irrelevant.
Here's an example of why. Using a different scenario.

"Did you hear, Mr. abc won the Nobel peace prize in 2018!"
Response: " Mr. abc said in 1998 that it was perfectly OK for someone who is a house guest to pee in their hosts swimming pool. "

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
You need to read your own sources. Mexico almost certainly fails as a "first country of asylum". They do not appear to recognize them as refugees and they have problems of their own. In our laws we do recognize refugees and therefore may be the first country of asylum.
I give up.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Response: " Mr. abc said in 1998 that it was perfectly OK for someone who is a house guest to pee in their hosts swimming pool. "
No it is not irrelevant. And some weird made up scenario about peeing in pools does not change that.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

It would be irrelevant if the claim had been incorrect.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Still wrong.
Resident alien. You should look that up rather than going to bible scripture search sites and using immigrant as a keyword .
גֵּר stranger sojourner, temporary dweller, new-comer (no inherited rights)
תּוֺשָׁב foreign resident (sojourner, apparently of a more temporary and dependent)
Two different words, both used in the verses I am citing. You are to treat the newcomer, the refugee and the foreign resident with hospitality

siti

OK - but I honestly can't believe that Dobson might conceivably have won a Nobel Prize...the other thing...

David T

Premium Member
You're actually trying to reason with this person? Good luck with that.
I would put a star up but hell i laughed!!! How true. I blame fake news for constantly saying "christian" before certain peoples names! FAKE!!! But apparantly that doesnt fall into fake news in some circles. Lol i mean common be consistent at least!