• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've found God. Or A God, anyway. Sorta. YAY!!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well...we spend all our pay on cheap booze and get drunk. That has some sort of pain killing effect.

That's not his sense of humour that's been growing back. It's a hump growing ON his back. We've been running a book in the Staff Lounge. 10-1 he moves to Notre Dame within the year. You in? $50 minimum bet.

Didn't he use an avatar of a hump back creature....years ago?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I can only speak from my personal experience.
First, I tend to use a fair amount of self-deprecating humour. Seems hard for people to get mad about what I'm calling them when I'm calling myself something worse.
Secondly, I'm Australian, so they sometimes seem confused as to whether things I say mean what they THINK they mean. I've said 'Hello knackers' to enough people that they are sufficiently confused with Aussie vernacular.
Third, my sense of humour can be a little strange. They get less upset when I'm making no sense.
Other that that, I sacrifice a chicken regularly, wrote a fan fiction piece about Quagmire (Episode 1 : A day in the life of an RF celeb : The Quagmire edition | ReligiousForums.com and put a Mystic reference in my sig, so I guess general brown-nosing helps??

So...you ARE confused....as well as ignorant.....

but have you ever been LOST?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So...you ARE confused....as well as ignorant.....

but have you ever been LOST?

Nup. Well, I mean, yeah, I've been lost. And I lose things all the time. But I've never been LOST. Like I've found plenty of truths, but never TRUTHS, if you see what I mean?

chinu

chinu
I wanted to announce it here first, to all my close friends on RF. And the rest of you.

After a couple of years of not really looking, and making half-assed posts for my own amusement, mostly, God has tapped me on the shoulder. Not the Abrahamaic one, since he'd see me as a lost cause my now, no doubt. Nor the Panentheistic one, since I have referred to him as the glitter on an atheist turd a little too often to get much love. Not even the Deist God, since he appears pretty uninterested...ahem...

Nope, I've decided to worship at the altar of ignorance. Or perhaps I should say Ignorance. And I've decided she's a girl, since I feel more comfortable kneeling before a woman. Call it my latent homophobia or something...ahem..
se So, why am I worshipping her?

Firstly, and clearly, she is omnipresent. I doubt any would disagree with me on this point. Score one for Ignorance.

Second, whilst I don't see her as omnipotent, it's pretty clear she can handle herself in a smackdown. She sure as heck has Rationality running for cover.

Third, although she is not omnibenevolent, I'm all about equality these days, and she seems as likely to touch a theist as an atheist with the Ignorant Stick. A female as a male. Straight/gay. Heck, even us Aussies are prone to bouts of inane mumblings at her altar.

But I know the path, my friends. For Ignorance is not a vengeful God. She seeks to help us. All we must do is acknowledge her. Embrace her. For it is said that he who denies Ignorance is truly deulded, and a bit of a wanker.
Her = Illusion,
Of course, she's capable to stand before God to worship.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
71dztcL8JvL._SL1000_.jpg

I found him!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Him who? Ignorance is a girl. I stated in the OP, ipso facto it is real.
Also, I just used Latin. It lends an air of authenticity to my slightly crazed ramblings, I find.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Latin is a dead language....soooo.....
you found God, but he's dead?

Oh, God wasn't speaking Latin. Near as I can tell, God is above human language.
I was speaking Latin. You must have noticed how much crap I talk. For whatever reason, if I change some of the words from English to Latin, some people find them more convincing. I suspect this why private schools have Latin mottos.
Like...err...*ponders*...Carpe Juggulum.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh, God wasn't speaking Latin. Near as I can tell, God is above human language.
I was speaking Latin. You must have noticed how much crap I talk. For whatever reason, if I change some of the words from English to Latin, some people find them more convincing. I suspect this why private schools have Latin mottos.
Like...err...*ponders*...Carpe Juggulum.
wasn't God's Word originally penned in Latin?

no of course not....Hebrew....maybe....