• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's One Of Those Things...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I've been a moderator now for several months now and I've never started a thread here, so I thought: "I guess I should just do it". I was asked to moderate the first time years ago and I turned it down. I didn't want the responsibility. When I was asked again, I had mellowed to the idea, so here I am.

I am a "Follower of Yeshua", which some people might call Christianity. I was raised by an atheist mother, who was a Catholic growing up and my stepfather was a Buddhist growing up. I've studied somewhat most of the major religions through the years. Before I became a Christian, I was what you here call a "seeker". I nearly became a Buddhist, and I thought about following Hinduism, although I knew very little about either one of those religions. I went through a brief bout with other various things. I remember listening to a radio show as a teen about meditation, the man who ran said some things I liked but I abandoned. Finally, after reading a book called "Good News for Modern Man", which was actually a paraphrased Christian Scriptures (aka New Testament). The fact it was actually in the house was by accident, my mother never had a bible in the house. My grandmother gave us a box of books and that was included in it. I was hooked. I loved the teachings of Jesus (Yeshua). His words were so different from the televangelists I saw on TV. I joined a Church later on.

I like most people. I can count on one hand the amount of people who I've totally disliked in my lifetime. I try, however, not to be a "people pleaser". I do allow others to have a different opinion without getting aggressive about it. I try to respect others, unless they do something to lose it (that really hasn't happened very often). I do get angry on occasion but I get over it pretty quickly. My biggest trouble is that I am over sensitive, I've worked on that for years.

Any questions? Did anyone actually read this? ;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Why do you say 'Yeshua' instead of 'Jesus'?
I got it from a Messianic Jew that Jesus true name was Yeshua, which comes from "Yehoshua" which is "Joshua" in the Tanakh. I have Jewish descent on my mother's side, although no one has followed the Jewish faith in my family for quite a while.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I got it from a Messianic Jew that Jesus true name was Yeshua, which comes from "Yehoshua" which is "Joshua" in the Tanakh. I have Jewish descent on my mother's side, although no one has followed the Jewish faith in my family for quite a while.
Wait, you also said your mother was raised Catholic. Complicated I'm sure,:)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Wait, you also said your mother was raised Catholic. Complicated I'm sure,:)
Oh, tell me about it. My grandmother was Jewish, but not practicing, I think. She married my grandfather, who was born in Italy and was a Catholic (he came to the USA when he was 3), so my grandmother was a Catholic, then, too. Whether she was baptized or not, I don't know. My birth father is also a Catholic, but I barely know him.