• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"It's called diplomacy, Boris" US-UK press conference

Sultan Of Swing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36839721

This is pretty funny, and charming.

After watching this I think Boris will be a good foreign secretary, when he's actually trying to get along with people, HE WILL CHARM THE NATIONS.

In general, as the BBC has reported, "An extraordinary week for Boris Johnson"

From the article we see foreign office officials who were worried about his appointment at first have come around, Boris' 'rock star status' has meant other diplomats all want to meet him and take selfies with him, haha, giving the UK more opportunity to engage with them, and they also respect his 'polymathic brain and linguistic skills'.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I'm a little embarrassed that this clown is representing the UK on the world stage.

There are suggestions that Theresa May has set him up to fail.

Rick O'Shez

You know, maybe Boris is just what the doctor ordered on the world stage, to keep pretenders, like John Kerry, honest.

Boris ain't honest, you should have heard the whoppers the the BREXIT camp told during the EU referendum campaign.

Rick O'Shez

It's not like everyone wasn't lying through their teeth though, Rick.

The BREXIT camp were definitely worse though, barefaced lies. They claimed for example that Turkey was about to join the EU!

Anyway, if you like Boris we will send him over to you, in exchange for Obama who seems like a nice chap.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The BREXIT camp were definitely worse though, barefaced lies. They claimed for example that Turkey was about to join the EU!

Anyway, if you like Boris we will send him over to you, in exchange for Obama who seems like a nice chap.
Since I'm in Canada, I'd be happy with that. Then again, do you really want someone as incompetent at foreign policy as Obama to replace him? Seriously?

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out why on Earth Turkey would still want to join that failed experiment.