• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy 50% mortality rate with COVID-19

Cooky

Veteran Member
Yeah. Looking at Italy and concluding the Corona virus has a 50/50 life or death rate, you looked at an elderly population, excluded those still sick, and assumed old people dying from it means everyone has the same bloated risk. The just is not the case. Italy is an exception, not a norm. This is supported by their death rate being radically different from other counties.

No, you assume that I assume old people dying from it means everyone has the same bloated risk. That's you doing the assuming. Not me.

...I don't do assumptions. I do hard evidence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, you assume that I assume old people dying from it means everyone has the same bloated risk. That's you doing the assuming. Not me.

...I don't do assumptions. I do hard evidence.
The very title is this thread includes "50% mortality rate" which you have repeated several times throughout this thread.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The very title is this thread includes "50% mortality rate" which you have repeated several times throughout this thread.

At the time it was... Using recorded *hard evidence* between recoveries and deaths specifically. In Italy.

...Why you so mad?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At the time it was... Using recorded *hard evidence* between recoveries and deaths specifically. In Italy.

...Why you so mad?
Because that is Italy, not corona as a whole. This also excludes those still ill, something real experts arent doing. Which is why their estimates remain between 1 and 3%, and never approaching anywhere close to 50%. Your 50% is fear, not fact.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Because that is Italy, not corona as a whole. This also excludes those still ill, something real experts arent doing. Which is why their estimates remain between 1 and 3%, and never approaching anywhere close to 50%. Your 50% is fear, not fact.

Yeah, I know. But I don't think you know the difference between hard evidence and estimates.

...Did the hard evidence in Italy scare you for a minute? Did it make you run to the store and hoard?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
...Did the hard evidence in Italy scare you for a minute? Did it make you run to the store and hoard?
No (nkt even the recent BBC push alert) . Why should it? They have the oldest population in Europe and the stores have plenty (people just really need to knock the **** off when it comes to paniced buying and hoarding). My age group has a .2% mortality rate, I know factually all my organ functions and blood work numbers are good from recent testing, we are no whefe close to a shortage, utilities and infrastructure are holding up, so why should I be scared?

Heyo

Veteran Member
At the time it was...
Nope. It never was.
I concede that what you now call "*hard evidence*" (the ratio of "resolved cases", death or healing) was about 50% in Italy at the time.
I still want to read from you that you have learned that that is not what is usually referred to as mortality rate.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Nope. It never was.
I concede that what you now call "*hard evidence*" (the ratio of "resolved cases", death or healing) was about 50% in Italy at the time.
I still want to read from you that you have learned that that is not what is usually referred to as mortality rate.

Fine. Could it be called the morbidity rate then?

...If so, I'll change the title of the thread.

"Morbidity rate is the percentage of people who have complications from a medical condition or after a procedure or treatment."

What is the definition of morbidity rate?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Fine. Could it be called the morbidity rate then?

...If so, I'll change the title of the thread.

"Morbidity rate is the percentage of people who have complications from a medical condition or after a procedure or treatment."

What is the definition of morbidity rate?
To change the title now would be confusing to all who start reading the discussion now.
I'm OK with morbidity rate and I'm glad that this misunderstanding has been resolved now.