• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy 50% mortality rate with COVID-19

Cooky

Veteran Member
Also note, what happens in Italy will happen here. The closing of restaurants seems like maybe we should be concerned about food now.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Everyone look at these numbers...! Just look..!

Screenshot_20200313-100954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

...Of all the people in Italy who no longer have Corona virus, HALF ARE DEAD..!!!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Also note, what happens in Italy will happen here. The closing of restaurants seems like maybe we should be concerned about food now.
In Norway it is now 900 who got the virus, 1 dead and 1 got healthy again. Norway has shut down mostly everything except the food stores

Cooky

Veteran Member
According to the above chart, of you get coronavirus, you have a 50% chance of survival. And a 50% chance of dying.

This is unprecedented.

leov

...It appears the coronavirus is taking lives at an increasing rate. I don't know if the CDC is not wanting us to know this, the death toll seems substantially higher in Europe than was reported in China.

Italy closes bars, restaurants and most shops as coronavirus death toll jumps 30%

Coronavirus Italy: death toll leaps 23% in a day to over 15,000 | Daily Mail Online
I can probably find more truth here
The Poison Belt : Sir Arthur Conan Doyle : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Be well.

Cooky

Veteran Member
So far 5100 deaths in the world casued by Corona virus

I don't trust the Chinese statistics.

I do trust the Italians.

I think the numbers are probably higher than what the Chinese admitted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wandering Monk

Why virus rates skyrocketed in Italy

'The European country has the second largest ageing population in the world behind Japan, according to the New York Times.

Roughly 23 per cent of the Italian population is over the age of 65 and the median age is 47.3 years.

By comparison the median age in Australia 37.9 years, with only 15 per cent of the population over the age of 65.

Old age, as well as pre-existing conditions such as high blood pressure and respiratory issues, increases the chances of a coronavirus case being fatal.'

'In Lombardy — a northern province of Italy where cases have spiralled — the region’s present Attilio Fontana said “all the deaths we’ve had are either very old people or very sick people”.

According to Aubree Gordon, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan, the death rate from a disease will depend on the demographics of a population.

Professor Gordon said that as Italy has an older popular, “you would expect their mortality rate to be higher on average, all else being held equal”, she told Live Science

Italy’s Civil Protection Agency’s boss Angelo Borrelli, who is co-ordinating the country’s response to the virus, has said the majority of fatal instances of coronavirus were in the elderly.'

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
According to the above chart, of you get coronavirus, you have a 50% chance of survival. And a 50% chance of dying.

This is unprecedented.
From what I've seen you're misreading what's going on. The "serious/critical" cases and the death toll are close to 50% but the total ill versus the death toll is much different. And this does not include people who get a very mild case and don't get tested.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 142,783 Cases and 5,374 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer shows the following:

Capture.PNG

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We're looking at a 50% mortality rate. Not 1 to 3%.

Keep in mind that with testing capability lagging demand for tests, there is much more likelihood of testing in very ill patients, who will have a high mortality rate, than those with minor flu-like or cold-like symptoms.

That's a sampling bias. There are likely many undiagnosed survivers, but few undiagnosed fatalities or severe illnesses.

If we really want to know the infectivity and mortality rates, we need to do prospective testing of apparently healthy people of all demographics, test them periodically to identify what fraction get the illness, and what fraction of those die.

Wandering Monk

From what I've seen you're misreading what's going on. The "serious/critical" cases and the death toll are close to 50% but the total ill versus the death toll is much different. And this does not include people who get a very mild case and don't get tested.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 142,783 Cases and 5,374 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer shows the following:

View attachment 37809

Indeed. Total deaths divided by total cases yields about 7.2% death rate.

Don't know how Landon did his calculations.

Cooky

Veteran Member

View attachment 37809

Even according to your own chart, 1,266 have died and 1439 have recovered... That's about a 50% mortality rate.