• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italian writer against women choosing the bear: hating men has become fashionable

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is Yasmina Pani, a very outspoken writer and teacher who writes about linguistics.

She wrote this article where she explains that so many women chose the bear (in that idiotic survey) because hating men (which is also called misandry) has become something fashionable and cool. The purpose is to create a new wave of feminism that can sell.
Meglio incontrare l'orso: la moda di odiare gli uomini
If you are interested in the whole article, and have Google Chrome, you can click on the right key of the mouse and choose Translate into English.

I totally agree with her. I mean...
I think that the results in that survey show how misandry is a brand that sells. And it has become something absolutely laughable and paradoxical.
I mean, statistically meeting strangers in a wood can be risky, but not as risky as meeting a wild bear.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think they choose the bear to highlight that bears only attack for survival purposes and few have trauma related to being abused by bears.
You should read the article, really.
Statistically, the percentage of men who would attack a woman in the wood is very, very low.
And by the way...being hit on by a man is not the same as being mauled by a wild bear.

I mean, I have been hit on by men on the streets, on the subway. I survived.
I am still straight. I am still into men.
;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A
This is Yasmina Pani, a very outspoken writer and teacher who writes about linguistics.

She wrote this article where she explains that so many women chose the bear (in that idiotic survey) because hating men (which is also called misandry) has become something fashionable and cool. The purpose is to create a new wave of feminism that can sell.
If you are interested in the whole article, and have Google Chrome, you can click on the right key of the mouse and choose Translate into English.

I think that the results in that survey show how misandry is a brand that sells. And it has become something absolutely laughable and paradoxical.
I mean, statistically meeting strangers in a wood can be risky, but not as risky as meeting a wild bear.
All one has to do is invite the dear girl on a reality show like surviving alone in the Alaskan wilderness for a long amount of time for a cash prize or a reality show on nightclub dancers on the floor.

Let's see what chicky baby chooses.

Money where the mouth is sweet ums.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think that whole "lost in the forest" meme was a bit silly and off the wall anyway.

So, this writer is trying to create a new wave of feminism that can sell? The basic idea sold well enough once upon a time, but it seems it's in a different phase now. "Second wave," "Third wave," "New wave." Sounds like some kind of fashion trend, not a political philosophy.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I've never treated a woman I've worked with as anything other than a business associate. However there is another side to it I occasionally catch a glimpse of.

There are relation going on behind closed doors at work I would have never guessed at.

There seems alternate realities of what appropriate protocol is acceptable at work. Occasionally and awkwardly these realities bump into each other.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's far too big a subject (woman's fear of men), and much too complex to be positing any conclusions without a whole lot of strong, reliable data to turn some apparent correlation into actual causation and conclusion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's far too big a subject (woman's fear of men), and much too complex to be positing any conclusions without a whole lot of strong, reliable data to turn some apparent correlation into actual causation and conclusion.
Honestly I believe that the article pretty sums it up and it's not long, it's a short article.

The author also mentions data. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that whole "lost in the forest" meme was a bit silly and off the wall anyway.

So, this writer is trying to create a new wave of feminism that can sell? The basic idea sold well enough once upon a time, but it seems it's in a different phase now. "Second wave," "Third wave," "New wave." Sounds like some kind of fashion trend, not a political philosophy.
What writer?
She is denouncing the veiled misandry which can be perceived from those answers.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Would you agree with this man's comment, at the end of the video?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What writer?
She is denouncing the veiled misandry which can be perceived from those answers.

In the OP, you said "This is Yasmina Pani, a very outspoken writer and teacher who writes about linguistics."

I was referring to that writer.

PureX

Veteran Member
Honestly I believe that the article pretty sums it up and it's not long, it's a short article.

The author also mentions data. ;)
What you believe is your own business. The subject of how women perceive men (and likewise) is very complicated and multi-faceted. So much so that anyone drawing any simple conclusions is bound to be missing a significant body of pertinent information and thereby espousing a bias. As there are no single or simple answers.
Would you agree with this man's comment, at the end of the video?

I'm not going to watch that video. So you'll have to post the comment.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand your point.
Do you agree with her or not?
:)

I was actually addressing the part where you said she is "trying to create a new wave of feminism that can sell." The term "new wave" kind of struck me, although I've heard it applied to feminism before. My point is that the basic ideas behind feminism have already sold well enough, but it's what has come in more recent times which can seem a bit odd. Like this whole "man/bear in the forest" thing. I remember a while back, the big thing was "mansplaining" and "manspreading." Sometimes, it just seems a bit over the top.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was actually addressing the part where you said she is "trying to create a new wave of feminism that can sell."
You misread me. I wrote that she is against the misandry of this mainstream feminism (coming from America, of course).
And the purpose of this American feminism is to create a brand that sells.