• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISSUE OF HOMOSEXUALITY

Marisa

At the risk of getting off topic, according to the Toronto Star and other sources, there are more people in slavery today then ever before. The Bible laws on slavery are far different then the oppressive slavery practiced today. Nowhere does the Bible condone mistreating or oppressing others. Oppressive slavery is but one of many evils practiced by a world alienated from God.
There's a kind of slavery that's better than any other kind? WHO KNEW???? All this time I thought slavery was a vile concept. Learned something new today.

Snark aside, the bible says that you can beat your slave nearly to death, so long as he/she doesn't actually die right away. Pardon me while I think that's no better than "any other kind" of slavery.

chevron1

No religion can provide evidence that it's correct. It's not science. Religion is a purely subjective thing and it's beyond reason and logic. All mystical things can be only apprehended via intuition and empathy. Nobody saw or talked to God/Gods. This is a matter of feeling/intuiting things. This is why I think all religious debates, especially those between Christians and Atheists, are pointless.

Metaphysical Taoism does update according to science. I believe in believable religion. why not have believable religion? that's the only kind of religion that we can afford.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
There's a kind of slavery that's better than any other kind? WHO KNEW???? All this time I thought slavery was a vile concept. Learned something new today.

Snark aside, the bible says that you can beat your slave nearly to death, so long as he/she doesn't actually die right away. Pardon me while I think that's no better than "any other kind" of slavery.

Yep - the same old revisionist history.

The Bible also says you can rape your slaves, breed them to make more slaves, and keep them forever, and pass them on as an inheritance.

Last edited:

chevron1

We cannot use animal behavior to decide what is acceptable for humans. Cats kill the offspring of other cats, for one example of behavior acceptable in animals but completely unacceptable for us.

the purpose of the world is the purpose of nature. in nature different things do different things. they are not all the same. to follow nature is to say that we can know the best of nature.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I believe the Law of Moses was given to the nation of Israel by God. "Jehovah continued to speak to Moses, saying: “Speak to the Israelites and say to them, ‘I am Jehovah your God...You must not lie down with a male in the same way that you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable act." (Leviticus 18:1,2,22)

First - it doesn't say that -

and second - it is talking AGAIN about Sacred Sex which verse 21 shows -

Lev 18:21 And your semen don't give in copulation to MOLECH, and don't desecrate/prostitute yourself; honor Elohiym, I am YHVH

chevron1

being gay is not a choice at all. I didn't choose to be attracted to both sexes. I just am. DId you choose to be heterosexual and if you did, when was that? You see, gay people no more choose their orientation than you did. It comes as natural as breathing.
''

i am curious: do you think bisexuals have a choice? i mean, a choice to be either straight or gay, regardless of the bisex orientation.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The Bible describes Man as uniquely made in God's image; that is, with moral qualities possessed by God. Animals operate largely instinctively, without moral discernment. We cannot use animal behavior to decide what is acceptable for humans. Cats kill the offspring of other cats, for one example of behavior acceptable in animals but completely unacceptable for us. Further, I believe the way animals behave today is not what God purposed. The Bible promises the time will come when animal behavior will change radically. (Isaiah 11:6-9) I think the natural world has suffered great harm caused by man's rebellion against God, damage that will be repaired in God's due time.

I just had to address this bull again, when it was referenced again.

In YOUR BIBLE - the HEBREW are ordered to kill the offspring of their enemies!

Supposedly God's people, with God's laws - killing innocent babies.

Animals are animals.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe the Law of Moses was given to the nation of Israel by God. "Jehovah continued to speak to Moses, saying: “Speak to the Israelites and say to them, ‘I am Jehovah your God...You must not lie down with a male in the same way that you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable act." (Leviticus 18:1,2,22)

Well, better tell God that science has proven that homosexuality is innate and unchangeable, and He is telling people to be celibate when He made sex for us to express and take joy in.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
''

i am curious: do you think bisexuals have a choice? i mean, a choice to be either straight or gay, regardless of the bisex orientation.

Of course Bi people have a choice and they are still Bi/homosexual. Bi is different from the set male-male, or female-female homosexuality.

The word means they are attracted to both sexes equally.

Thus the person they meet and fall in love with could be either male or female - or both.

I am Bi, and in a long term relationship with my two men.

EDIT - When the three of us are out for a walk, and they swivel around to get a better look at a pretty women that walked by -- I am right there swiveled around with them. LOL! :D

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
Human beings have a choice for their behaviours... whether there are strong urges to have a "sexual preference" or not...All of us make choices in the case or our behaviour...Sometimes the choice is not the highest or most ethical but it is our choice. Wether homosexual or heterosexual we are responsible beings and the choices we make have ramifications and consequences. I think most scriptures place a lower value on sexual behaviours and a higher value on spiritual developement.

chevron1

Of course Bi people have a choice and they are still Bi/homosexual. Bi is different from the set male-male, or female-female homosexuality. The word means they are attracted to both sexes equally. Thus the person they meet and fall in love with could be either male or female - or both. I am Bi, and in a long term relationship with my two men.... When the three of us are out for a walk, and they swivel around to get a better look at a pretty women that walked by -- I am right there swiveled around with them. LOL! :D

what if a gay man receives gay reparative therapy against his will. will you say that he is still with a choice when the choice is due to brain damage?

image.png

trans gay therapy is given to gays against their will, because it is rumored to be religious workers who advocate it and perpetrate forced chemical conversion. A friend told me that the movie "xxx: state of the union" starring vin diesel was a subtle allegory about gay reparative therapy, especially trans-gay therapy.

in the top picture above, the xxx tattoo on the back of the neck represents what my friend calls "trans-gay" therapy: the center x marks the injection point into the brain stem, the x's on either side represent the contents of the hypodermic - estrogen, especially DES estrogen. in the bottom picture, the star vin diesel wears a motocycle pants with a black panel in the crotch area symbolizing castration due to estrogen exposure. It is called "trans-gay" therapy because it is supposed to transform a gay man into a transgender man by direct injection of trans hormones into the brain to feminize the brain only without affecting the body. this way he becomes and thinks like a woman, but they are hoping it will change his orientation too. they tell me that sometimes a gay will attend a party and then is knocked out with something like GHB and then he is injected and wakes up without knowing what happened.

Selinagirl

what if a gay man receives gay reparative therapy against his will. will you say that he is still with a choice when the choice is due to brain damage?

image.png

trans gay therapy is given to gays against their will, because it is rumored to be religious workers who advocate it and perpetrate forced chemical conversion. A friend told me that the movie "xxx: state of the union" starring vin diesel was a subtle allegory about gay reparative therapy, especially trans-gay therapy.

in the top picture above, the xxx tattoo on the back of the neck represents what my friend calls "trans-gay" therapy: the center x marks the injection point into the brain stem, the x's on either side represent the contents of the hypodermic - estrogen, especially DES estrogen. in the bottom picture, the star vin diesel wears a motocycle pants with a black panel in the crotch area symbolizing castration due to estrogen exposure. It is called "trans-gay" therapy because it is supposed to transform a gay man into a transgender man by direct injection of trans hormones into the brain to feminize the brain only without affecting the body. this way he becomes and thinks like a woman, but they are hoping it will change his orientation too. they tell me that sometimes a gay will attend a party and then is knocked out with something like GHB and then he is injected and wakes up without knowing what happened.
And afain you put in this urban myth. It is the same crap like the one with the HIV injection on public places which was also never confirmed. Religious people woldn't use chemicals to chamge someones orientation, because they DONT BELIEVE THAT SEXUAL ATTRACTION IS CHEMICAL INDUCET! I mean, i welcome all informations that help to undermine the efforts of the religious people and to stop them, but what you are telling here is absolutely ridiculous. Otherwise i give credit to the religious rights for nearly everything. But do you have only one little evidence that this really happened to at least one single man or are this stories of your friends the only thing that you have?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

ING - First - I have said nothing of the sort. Obviously "against his will" means just that!

image.png

As to the rest of this - your friend is pulling your leg!

chevron1

And afain you put in this urban myth. It is the same crap like the one with the HIV injection on public places which was also never confirmed. Religious people woldn't use chemicals to chamge someones orientation, because they DONT BELIEVE THAT SEXUAL ATTRACTION IS CHEMICAL INDUCET!

As to the rest of this - your friend is pulling your leg!

the question i posed was this: regardless of whether the therapy is urban myth, would you say that a bisex man given forced conversion can choose between being gay or straight?

Marisa

the question i posed was this: regardless of whether the therapy is urban myth, would you say that a bisex man given forced conversion can choose between being gay or straight?
Would you say someone who didn't want to change changed?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

You appear to be assuming that I think therapy should be given to Gay people.

Where in the world did you come up with that idea?

Anyone being forced into anything obviously has no choice!

chevron1

You appear to be assuming that I think therapy should be given to Gay people. Where in the world did you come up with that idea? Anyone being forced into anything obviously has no choice!

i asked because there are people who think that although gay and straight are normal, they think that bi is diseased because they must have a little bit of both in our monogamous world that prefers only one partner.