• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel, What in the hell?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It will incite more violence,
which will incite more land taking,
which will.....
I see a pattern.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Shalom

I don't know what all the stats are, but there can't really be an 'anti-jewish= state in the region either, so not sure what the alternative would be.

CMike

Israel appropriates massive tract of West Bank land - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

I am speechless kind of.
So another settlement will appear with gated community shunning Palestinians.

I thought part of the goal was two state area? How is this helping anything?

:clap
That is awesome!! Israel did the right thing.

Haaretz is a very left wing Israeli newspaper. Israel can't appropriate it's own land. It's Israel land. Also, there was no one else living there.

This may come as a shock to the ethnic cleansers but jews can live wherever they want.

I hope their community there becomes very successful and properous.

Reactions: MD

MattersOfTheHeart

The thing is CMike, I am neither left or anti anything.

If you did an experiment and got 100 13 year old children, presented the facts as they are available. I am certain they would all see that atrocities are being carried out in the Gaza/WB at the hands of some Muslim extremists and Mostly Israeli leaders.

Obviously you are 100% convinced of your views, so I will refrain from what I am sure so many have attempted to do on this board with you. I respect your right to believe what you want.

However, if it was as simple as you make it, there wouldn't be so many in the world that support the civilians of Gaza and WB, and just want them to stop dying wholesale. These same people could care less what Israel or other leaders that are taking part in the massacres think or want. The moment they put their agendas ahead of children's well being, they stopped being human in my book.
So, I take that back when I said I am not "anti" anything, I suppose you could say I am anti-monsters.

Just because we, a large portion of the world support the civilians in that area, does not make us anti-jew, or pro Hamas, or left or right.
If it helps you sleep better fine, box us in, nice and neat. It still isn't true.

CMike

The thing is CMike, I am neither left or anti anything.

If you did an experiment and got 100 13 year old children, presented the facts as they are available. I am certain they would all see that atrocities are being carried out in the Gaza/WB at the hands of some Muslim extremists and Mostly Israeli leaders.

Obviously you are 100% convinced of your views, so I will refrain from what I am sure so many have attempted to do on this board with you. I respect your right to believe what you want.

However, if it was as simple as you make it, there wouldn't be so many in the world that support the civilians of Gaza and WB, and just want them to stop dying wholesale. These same people could care less what Israel or other leaders that are taking part in the massacres think or want. The moment they put their agendas ahead of children's well being, they stopped being human in my book.
So, I take that back when I said I am not "anti" anything, I suppose you could say I am anti-monsters.

Just because we, a large portion of the world support the civilians in that area, does not make us anti-jew, or pro Hamas, or left or right.
If it helps you sleep better fine, box us in, nice and neat. It still isn't true.
Funny since I don't see anyone on the left condemning Hamas for killing about 160 children whom they used as slave labor.

'At least 160 children died digging tunnels for Hamas' | JPost | Israel News

I don't see the left condemning Hamas for using their own children as human shields.

I don't see the left condemning Hamas for shooting about 18,000 rockets into Israelis populated cities where men, woman, and children, of jews, christians, and muslims live.

I don't see the left condeming for murdering their own people without any type of trial.

I don't see the left condemning Hamas for launching attacks from Mosques, hospitals, and schools, just to provoke Israel so it looks good for cameras.

If you truely supported civilians and you were anti-monsters you would be solidly against the arab leadership and pro-Israel.

Hamas could have stopped this at any time simply by ceasing to shoot rockets into cities. They violated every ceasfire.

All these deaths are on the head of Hamas.

If you were anti monster you would be anti Hamas and Pro-Israel.

Israel has an obligation to protect it's children and the other civilians against rocket attacks like any other country would.

MattersOfTheHeart

Mike pointing out faults is easy. I never said nor has many said Hamas is the best reps for the people. Surely though if they had no reps it would be even worse.

I am so sick and tired of hearing the human shield argument. Are you even aware that Israel has convicted its own soldiers for doing this?
If you Google Hamas human shields, you know what ends up coming up? Stories of Israel doing exactly what they blame Hamas of.
Israel has been killing children longer than Hamas has been in power. You still blame Hamas on that?

This won't get better until we stop trying to prove who is in the right, and focus on the civilians being decimated. Why can't people understand that?

I got in a discussion the other day with a family member, that ended up wanting to fist fight, because he ran out of excuses. He tried the human shield thing, he tried the rocket argument, he tried them all, and in the end. At the end of the day, there is still no just cause or reason to allow for so many deaths on EITHER side. My heart breaks for Jew children just as it does for those in Gaza. Please don't play that card on me.

If my suspicions are correct about people like you, you will want to just bombard the board with internet quotes about how evil Hamas is, or how entitled Israel is. Completely whitewashing the death of civilians at an alarming and unacceptable rate.

It is no wonder nothing ever changes.

xkatz

FWIW, I feel that Israel SHOULD annex the most of the settlements, BUT in return the future Palestinian state would get an equal amount of land in exchange (eg Nazareth and some of the surrounding land)

CMike

Mike pointing out faults is easy. I never said nor has many said Hamas is the best reps for the people. Surely though if they had no reps it would be even worse.

I am so sick and tired of hearing the human shield argument. Are you even aware that Israel has convicted its own soldiers for doing this?

Let's assume that is true.

Listen to what you said.

Israel convicted the soldiers.

Whom did Hamas convict for using human shields? It was their own government that was using the human shields.

If you Google Hamas human shields, you know what ends up coming up? Stories of Israel doing exactly what they blame Hamas of.
Israel has been killing children longer than Hamas has been in power. You still blame Hamas on that?

You can find anything on google.

Hamas gloats that they use human shields. Try to find the Israeli government doing that.

[youtube]g0wJXf2nt4Y[/youtube]

[youtube]fcrWy3PT6zc[/youtube]

Israel never intentionally kills children. The arab leadership targets civilians. Israel doesnt.

Hamas wants the children die so it looks good for the cameras.

This won't get better until we stop trying to prove who is in the right, and focus on the civilians being decimated. Why can't people understand that?

However, you blame Israel, even though Hamas uses it's own civilians as human shields, and targets all civilians in it's terror attacks.

I got in a discussion the other day with a family member, that ended up wanting to fist fight, because he ran out of excuses. He tried the human shield thing, he tried the rocket argument, he tried them all, and in the end. At the end of the day, there is still no just cause or reason to allow for so many deaths on EITHER side. My heart breaks for Jew children just as it does for those in Gaza. Please don't play that card on me.

There is. Hamas provoked it. Hamas kept it going. Hamas broke every ceasefire agreement. Hamas could have stopped Israel from attacking gaza by ceasing shooting rockets. Hamas could have stopped it at anytime by stopping shooting rocket at Israel.

The differences were clearly stated by PM Netanyhu.

Israel uses it's weapons to protect it's civilians.

Hamas uses it's civilians to protect it's weapons.

The civilians deaths are solely the doing of Hamas.

Israel has had a duty to protect it's citizens from the daily rocket attacks. Any country has a duty to protect it's citizens.

If my suspicions are correct about people like you, you will want to just bombard the board with internet quotes about how evil Hamas is, or how entitled Israel is. Completely whitewashing the death of civilians at an alarming and unacceptable rate.

It is no wonder nothing ever changes.

The civilians deaths are horrible, and Hamas is responsible for the death of each and every one of them for the reasons that I gave above.

CMike

FWIW, I feel that Israel SHOULD annex the most of the settlements, BUT in return the future Palestinian state would get an equal amount of land in exchange (eg Nazareth and some of the surrounding land)
You mean land from Jordan which is their palestinian state?

Jordan lose the west bank in 1967. The arabs there are jordanian.

Egpyt lost gaza to Israel.

I think the arabs there should given a choice of legal residency within Israel or move back to their home countries.

CMike

Of course, CMike is an extremist...Hamas are extremists.....they fight for thousands of years and never realize they are both losing.
I am pretty moderate.

However, I don't believe in Israel committing suicide, and letting the arab countries destroy Israel by trying to get more of it piece by piece until it's undefensible.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I am pretty moderate.

However, I don't believe in Israel committing suicide, and letting the arab countries destroy Israel by trying to get more of it piece by piece until it's undefensible.

You are equally moderate to Hamas.

I think the arabs there should given a choice of legal residency within Israel......

That's the first logical thing you have said !

CMike

You are equally moderate to Hamas.
!
Really?

Whom did I launch terror attacks against?

Whom did I kill?

Whom did I use as human shields?

Did I say all the muslims should be killed?

That's a rather outrageous remark.

Avi1001

Really. Your ideas and positions are the same as Jews thoughts were 3,000 years ago in Israel. That is why nothing changes in the ME. You may not physically set up and launch the rockets, but your ideas are equivalent.

Sorry, CMike, you are one of the nicer posters in the DIR, but you do not understand the implications of your words.

Really?

Whom did I launch terror attacks against?

Whom did I kill?

Whom did I use as human shields?

Did I say all the muslims should be killed?

That's a rather outrageous remark.

Last edited:

CMike

Really. Your ideas and positions are the same as Jews thoughts were 3,000 years ago in Israel. That is why nothing changes in the ME. You may not physically set up and launch the rockets, but your ideas are equivalent.

Sorry, CMike, you are one of the nicer posters in the DIR, but you do not understand the implications of your words.
:rolleyes::facepalm:

Nothing changes in the middle east because the arab side wants the jewish side DEAD.

If that mindset changed there would be peace. However, the mindset has not changed so their isn't peace.

All the people whom support the arab leadership strategy of propaganda wars and condemning Israel no matter what it does just perpetuate it because their propaganda is working.

It's sad that there are so many gullible people who keep the deaths going on.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

Nothing changes in the middle east because the arab side wants the jewish side DEAD.

If that mindset changed there would be peace. However, the mindset has not changed so their isn't peace.

All the people whom support the arab leadership strategy of propaganda wars and condemning Israel no matter what it does just perpetuate it because their propaganda is working.

I just wanted to let you know that I support Israel.

Avi1001

Very sophisticated world view, CMike. The Muslims are all wrong, and we the Jews, are all right. That has worked well the last 3,000 years, and will continue to work just as well moving forward.

Lets hope some will start to think more deeply.