• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't multiplying bread and fish kinda an easy trick?

lilmama1991

I mean, that one doesn't need a divine explination. Anybody can divide bread and fish into enough small pieces to feed a multitude. It doesn't take a magician to do that.
multiplying bread and fish for a lot of people the way jesus did is not an easy thing to. it wasnt a trick, jesus prayed and had faith in his father jehovah god and that's how he had enough food to feed everybody. its definitely not something humans can do

Just_me_Mike

Dopp and AE:
About the fish and loaves.
It is not a stand alone, but simply bolsters the underlining message throughout the bible.
When people submit to God, and walk away from everything, even if it means dying, starving, drowning, or whatever. God will provide for those people.
It is simply the story of salvation displayed yet another way. A clue to this is how many days, the crowd had been with Jesus before he fed them? 3 days.
Jesus suffered in the grave for 3 days before he arose. I know that is not a detailed study, but it should be enough to continue the conversation.
These people gathered as sheep to be with Jesus, and after three days, they were fed.

Also keep in mind, fish and bread are quite symbolic in the bible as well.
The story is saturated with spiritual meanings.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I mean, that one doesn't need a divine explination. Anybody can divide bread and fish into enough small pieces to feed a multitude. It doesn't take a magician to do that.
I get the impression, when reading about the event, that there was plenty for everybody. The scripture says, "And they did all eat, and were filled." I know that if I just got a miniscule piece of bread and a half one tiny, tiny piece of fish, I wouldn't have been filled. And if that's all they each got, the incident would probably have never even been recorded.

lilmama1991

That trick didnt have anything to do with a magician and no anybody cant do that. Jesus didnt divide the fish and bread because it still wouldnt been enough he raised it up to the heavens and prayed to his father jehovah god and after he did that jehovah blessed him with more fish and bread for the people

elmarna

it is not a trick.
More like jesus was wise & the wisdom he gave them when there were very little resources was so inspireing that while the bible describes it as a "miracle" it was best described that way when so many could not immagine it being in the realms of possibilities.
it is on the same lines as feed a man a fish & he is fed for the day. Teach a man to fish & he is fed for a lifetime.
I am confident that is the reason so many other religions call him the great teacher!
this is my belief & I am sticking to it!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You need to keep your math functions straight. Dividing fish and bread is easy. Multiplying fish and bread? Not so easy.

idav

Being
Premium Member
If I remember there was some passover party or something near by so the apostles likely assisted in actually getting all the food in regular portions. I can't remember exactly how they maneuvered the baskets but there was something weird about the numbers how they described it.