• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t one entitled to believe voice of one’s conscience with reasonable arguments and rationality?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Isn’t one entitled to believe voice of one’s conscience with reasonable arguments and rationality?
Without harming any other person and his property, physically and materially, of course.
Please
Regards

#22 paarsurrey
#23 LuisDantas
#24 paarsurrey
#26 LuisDantas
One may like to read them. Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I , for one, hold that others are entitled to it, as I am entitled to, please.
Regards

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, i agree. A rational conscience produces rational thoughts. To violate ones mind/conscious is quite the toe-stepper

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well yeah I suppose so. I mean unless your conscious allows you to hurt someone else without qualms.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Without harming any other person and his property, physically and materially, of course.
Please
Regards

#22 paarsurrey
#23 LuisDantas
#24 paarsurrey
#26 LuisDantas

Yes, but I haven't seen any rational arguments from you when you make claims regarding the sacred figures of other faiths being prophets of Allah. You often accuse Buddhists of following untrue doctrines because the oldest known Buddhist canon dates to some time after the Buddha's departure from this plane; thus your criticism is that we can't know for certain what he taught. But your own argument is entirely hypocritical because you insert your own claims into this theology of the gap and claim it is indisputably true despite the fact your claim lacks even less evidence for it than those of Buddhists. In other words your own argument relies on the same gap that you decry as fatal to Buddhist claims of authentic tradition. Same goes for Zoroaster; you have no reason to assume he worshipped your god beyond a need for Ahmadi confirmation bias - Ahura Mazda is nothing like Allah and the two religions differ on several key points to the extent you're saying (assuming for the sake of argument that Ahura Mazda and Allah are the same God) that Allah likes to change his mind which doesn't make much sense for an all-knowing god.

You're entitled to believe as you wish and to defend your beliefs with rational arguments; I just don't see how that applies to you. Oh, and your right to believe as you wish does not
  1. entitle you to your own facts or;
  2. mean people from the faiths you are misrepresenting (Luis used a better word: abusing) cannot challenge you or point out your claims are in fact baseless.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

How could you do anything else? If you believe something, especially after considering that belief rationally, you can’t simply choose not to believe it, even if you wanted to.

Belief in itself can’t do harm to anyone else, only actions voluntarily taken as a consequence of that belief. The key difference is that you can’t choose what you believe but you can always choose what you (try to) do.

Shad

Veteran Member
Please
Regards

#22 paarsurrey
#23 LuisDantas
#24 paarsurrey
#26 LuisDantas

You can believe what you want. You can even believe your views are rational and reasonable. However when you express these views and arguments to others this opens your views and argument to scrutiny.

What about mental abuse? What about social abuse? Both should be considered not just physical abuse or loss of property.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, but I haven't seen any rational arguments from you when you make claims regarding the sacred figures of other faiths being prophets of Allah. You often accuse Buddhists of following untrue doctrines because the oldest known Buddhist canon dates to some time after the Buddha's leaves this plane; thus your criticism is that we can't know for certain what he taught. But your own argument is entirely hypocritical because you insert your own claims into this theology of the gap and claim it is indisputably true despite the fact your claim lacks even less evidence for it than those of Buddhists. In other words your own argument relies on the same gap that you decry as fatal to Buddhist claims of authentic tradition. Same goes for Zoroaster; you have no reason to assume he worshipped your god beyond a need for Ahmadi confirmation bias - Ahura Mazda is nothing like Allah and the two religions differ on several key points to the extent you're saying (assuming for the sake of argument that Ahura Mazda and Allah are the same God) that Allah likes to change his mind which doesn't make much sense for an all-knowing god.

You're entitled to believe as you wish and to defend your beliefs with rational arguments; I just don't see how that applies to you. Oh, and your right to believe as you wish does not
  1. entitle you to your own facts.
  2. Mean people from the faiths you are misrepresenting (Luis used a better word: abusing) cannot challenge you or point out your claims are in fact baseless.
"Ahura Mazda is nothing like Allah"
Kindly quote attributes of Ahura Mazda from Zoroaster's own words.Names could differ due to different languages. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How could you do anything else? If you believe something, especially after considering that belief rationally, you can’t simply choose not to believe it, even if you wanted to.

Belief in itself can’t do harm to anyone else, only actions voluntarily taken as a consequence of that belief. The key difference is that you can’t choose what you believe but you can always choose what you (try to) do.
So, one says yes. Right? Please
Regards

allfoak

Alchemist
Please
Regards
It depends upon where you live.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Ahura Mazda is nothing like Allah"
Kindly quote attributes of Ahura Mazda from Zoroaster's own words.Names could differ due to different languages.
Zoroaster lived some 2,000 years before Mohammad. Ahur Mazda is the original 'One God'. The rest are only copies.
Ahura Mazda - Wikipedia
Sure, but that belief is yours and is true for you only, not necessarily for all. However, you can try to sell it to all and sundry. Unfortunately, your selling style is very poor. It should be more sophisticated. I do not think it is ever going to succeed. My best wishes to you in your enterprise.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Please
Regards

#22 paarsurrey
#23 LuisDantas
#24 paarsurrey
#26 LuisDantas

I would think yes. Unfortunately there are plenty of places in the world that would suggest my form of thought (atheism) is harmful, and would punish me accordingly were I to dare speak my mind. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The problem with this is "reasonable arguments and rationality" most often are not actually reasonable if no one else can accept them reasonably. Something what may seem "reasonable and rational" to you, may in fact be simply you rationalizing your irrational impulses, justifying them to your own mind. Where are the checks and balances? You can't just rationalize something to yourself that has no basis in reality outside your own self-justifications and consider it valid reason.

pearl

I think we have to question/consider the influence of our life experiences in the formation of conscience.