• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamaphobia, bigotry, hate, and cruelty!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've read the Qur'an from front to back twice, with two different translations. Most of it is not calls to hatred, bigotry, and violence. I have also read Mussolini's "Doctrine of Fascism". Most of it is not hateful or calls to violence either.

The fact of the matter is, I have found far more vicious, cruel, hatred, calls to violence, and bigoted verses in the Qur'an, than in Mussolini's "Doctrine of Fascism". Yet, if someone came to RF and started speaking of Mussolini's "Doctrine of Fascism", like it was inspired by God, I think everyone would despise him/her, and no one would come to the defense of such a Fascist, and rightfully so.

However, I have seen liberal atheists even come to the defense of Muhammad and the Qur'an, which is a book that contains anti-Semitism, hatred, bigotry, calls to violence, and much of what we dislike about Fascism. Muhammad personally decapitated many Jews, Polytheists, Christians, and unbelievers who opposed him.

All references to the Qur'an that I quote on this post have been cross-checked on Islamic websites:

"The recompense of those who fight Allah and His messenger, and seek to make corruption in the land, is that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from alternate sides or that they be banished from the land; that is their disgrace in this world and in the Hereafter they will have a great torment." (Qur'an 5:33)

I will cut off your hands and feet from alternate sides, and I will crucify you on the trunks of the palm trees, and you will come to know which of us is greater in retribution and more lasting!' " (Qur'an 20:71)

If such vicious, cruel, hateful, brutal, psychopathic talk came from a cult leader like Charles Manson, we would call a spade a spade. Muhammad (like Charles Manson), was a religious leader whose teachings lead his followers to kill...(only the first Muslims killed FAR more people than the Manson family.)

Now, some Muslims say, the chopping off of hands and feet and crucifixion of non-muslims is a punishment in the next life. Great, so Allah is more cruel, barbaric, and extreme than ISIS? If Allah treats infidels in such a manner, what's wrong with ISIS doing it?

Other Muslims have stated that Muhammad had the hands and feet of prisoners chopped off, because there were no facilities to detain them, and it prevented them from escaping.

Either way, it is the epitome of vicious cruelty towards non-Muslims. What if those prisoners convert to Islam? How can they be a productive member of society without hands and feet? And I have even heard "peaceful, humble Muslims" defend the practice of chopping off hands and heads in the 21st century. Is this what we've become? o_O

So, don't you think there were people who were falsely accused who got their hands cut off? Of course! Innocent people are convicted and proven innocent a lot. How do you restore the hand to them after cutting it off?

If it weren't for Islam, do you think Saudi-Arabia would have waited till the 21st century to let women drive? Saudi-Arabia is the Islamic Capitol and "Holy Land" in many ways. How would we feel about a Nation that didn't let ethnic minorities drive until the 21st century? Yet, an Islamic Theocracy, and the most holiest of pilgrimage sights in Islam (and our Alli), gets to do this to an entire gender? How is that any less outrageous or bigoted?

I've prayed at a Muslim Mosque in New York, before women could drive in Saudi-Arabia, and these "peaceful, humble, law-abiding" Muslims defended such policies, as well as cutting off heads and hands.

Not to mention, in Saudi-Arabia, you can spend a good chunk of your life in prison for starting a blog online that criticizes the government even in minor ways.

Bottom line is, many of these "peaceful Muslims" sympathize with and defend such dark-aged, intolerant, vicious, bigoted policies and forms of Government that resemble Fascism.

What would we think if there were a billion people who adhered to Fascism? Even if most of these Fascists were "peaceful people", would we refuse to condemn the ideology they adhere to based on the premise that most of them are "peaceful"?

Truth is, we don't know what percentage of Muslims hate Jews, atheists, Idolaters, and non-muslims. There is no way to get an accurate statistic about what the average Muslim thinks. Most of the Muslims I have talked to and asked questions, say very negative things about Jews, Israel, people who join associates with God, and Idolaters.

Bottom line is, the Qur'an promotes bigotry, violence, anti-Semitism, and hatred.

5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends: They are but friends to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush,” – Quran 9:5

But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them, boiling fluid will be poured down their heads. Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron. [Quran Verses 22:19-22]

There are plenty more calls to hate, bigotry, and glorification of torture and mass-killings of non-muslims. I just haven't double-checked all the verses on Islamic websites for accuracy.

There are words of peace and charity in the Qur'an, but most of those words of kindness and peace are for those who "repent" or convert to Islam.

Bottom line is, repeatedly the Qur'an speaks of one acceptable Religion, and that is for those who accept "The messenger of Allah', and his message.

Repeatedly the Qur'an speaks of brutal torture in store for Non-Muslims in this life and the next. Repeatedly the Qur'an speaks of Allah's anger and hatred for non-Muslims and unbelievers. If Allah hates us so much, can't it be easily argued (among adherents to Islam), that groups like ISIS are doing Allah's will by killing us??

Mussolini's "Doctrine of Fascism" is quite mild in comparison. Thing is, there are many Muslim majority countries where torture, death, imprisonment, and atrocities are the lot of people who speak the truth that I am speaking.

In my lifetime I have seen riots and bloodshed throughout the Islamic world over a cartoon of Muhammad, resulting in deaths. In my lifetime, people that make the cartoons are sometimes put to death, even in the free-world.

A cartoon causes riots throughout the Islamic world, while dark-aged atrocities are tolerated and defended by "peaceful Muslims"! :confused:

In my lifetime, there have been entire countries where women had to wear a full burka by law (Sometimes even covering their face) and couldn't get an education or drive. I would rather die than live like that!!! That is an entire gender punished worse than death imo! Millions and millions of lives ruined.

In my lifetime, homosexuals, blasphemers, Christians, Jews, Shiites, heretics, and Polytheists have legally been publicly tortured or executed in multiple countries, and women stoned to death for adultery. If this behavior was just as prevalent among Christians, you would hear me speak with the same degree of disgust for Christianity (and I often do).

Thing is, I have known many Christians like myself, who look at the atrocities in Scripture and say "That's messed up and wrong"! I have never met a Muslim online or in real life who condemned the injustices promoted in the Koran, or said "imho the Prophet made mistakes when he committed those acts". Instead, Muslims, (and non-Muslims, including some liberal atheists), come to his defense. Why??

Should that not disturb me thoroughly?

I'm the first one at RF to admit when I have errors, and have apologized multiple times. I have nothing to apologize for here. I am condemning hatred, bigotry, homophobia, anti-Semitism, calls to violence, dark-aged tyranny, and policies that resemble Fascist Dictatorships, that are decreasing the quality of lives, of hundreds of millions of people!

I have many problems. But one thing I am is compassionate!

Another thing I hate to see is people suffering cruel abuse for Religious reasons, and that is precisely how Muhammad and the early Muslims treated Polytheists, Jews, Christians, and unbelievers. Muhammad destroyed shrines and statues that were considered sacred and cherished by Polytheists.

In my lifetime, Muslims destroyed ancient Buddhist Temples (and who knows what else.) The Muslims who did those deeds were following the example of "The messenger of Allah"! Muhammad was an extremist! That is NOT an opinion, but is a verifiable fact!

Speaking the truth about Muhammad should be just as acceptable as speaking the truth about far-right Fascist Dictators.

We should love Muslims! Sometimes the loving thing to do is point out what is unhealthy! I'm not in any way saying we should not love Muslims. But we have to recognize where the threat is coming from at the same time! I'm only speaking against tyranny, hate, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and calls to violence! Should we defend such hate under any circumstances?

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If there were a billion people in our world who adhered to Fascism, and most of those Fascists were "Peaceful, law-abiding citizens" who didn't hurt anyone, should we defend it as "peaceful" ideology, or call the condemnation of Fascism, "Fascist-phobia"? o_O

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
And.....I somewhat agree to a rather large amount of critique !
That took a large amount of breath didn't it ?
Now....what can we do about it ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Boy...you're really fast....I didn't get a chance to edit that first post and then another one !

Spiderman

Veteran Member
And.....I somewhat agree to a rather large amount of critique !
That took a large amount of breath didn't it ?
Now....what can we do about it ?
Well,
You can reach a lot of people online...I've learned a lot from what people have said to me online, so, perhaps a few people can be reached that way.

Public speaking is another way, but it will probably get a person killed!

It's hard to become an influential speaker on this issue in our politically correct world. I live in a city that has a high percent of Muslims from Somalia.

I don't mind if they kill me...I do mind if they cut off my hands and feet like the Qur'an says, or if they shoot my spine and put me in a wheelchair for life.

However, if I were to die speaking the truth against bigotry, misogyny, mutilation, cruelty, torture, tyranny, and hate...well, that would be a wonderful way (and reason) to die, imo!
:D

Not to say Islamic theology is all sweetness and light, but these 2 examples are not particularly egregious.

"The recompense of those who fight Allah and His messenger, and seek to make corruption in the land, is that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from alternate sides or that they be banished from the land; that is their disgrace in this world and in the Hereafter they will have a great torment." (Qur'an 5:33)

Tafsir Ibn Abbas:

The following verse was revealed about the people of Hilal Ibn 'Uwaymir who killed a group of people from the Banu Kinanah. This group wanted to emigrate to Medina to see Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and declare their Islam. However, they were all killed and their belongings taken as booty. Hence, Allah explained the punishment of the people of the Banu Hilal, who were idolaters, saying: (The only reward) requital (of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger) of those who disbelieve in Allah and His messenger (and strive after corruption in the land) and engage in sin in the land, i.e. by wrongfully killing others and taking their properties (will be that they will be killed) He says: the punishment of one who kills and does not take the victim's property is that he be killed (or crucified) He says: the punishment of one who kills a person and also takes his property is that he be crucified, (or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off) the right hand and the left leg. He says: the punishment of one who takes another's property but does not kill is that his hand and leg be cut off, (or will be expelled out of the land) or he will be put in prison until he displays righteousness and his repentance becomes apparent. Allah says: the punishment of someone who terrorises people as a highway robber but does not kill or take anyone's property is that he be imprisoned. (Such) that which I have mentioned (will be their degradation) their punishment (in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom) more severe than their punishment which they suffered in this world, that is, if the person does not repent;

I will cut off your hands and feet from alternate sides, and I will crucify you on the trunks of the palm trees, and you will come to know which of us is greater in retribution and more lasting!' " (Qur'an 20:71)

This isn't even an instruction for Muslims, it's said by Pharaoh, the enemy of Moses.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not to say Islamic theology is all sweetness and light, but these 2 examples are not particularly egregious.

Tafsir Ibn Abbas:

The following verse was revealed about the people of Hilal Ibn 'Uwaymir who killed a group of people from the Banu Kinanah. This group wanted to emigrate to Medina to see Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and declare their Islam. However, they were all killed and their belongings taken as booty. Hence, Allah explained the punishment of the people of the Banu Hilal, who were idolaters, saying: (The only reward) requital (of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger) of those who disbelieve in Allah and His messenger (and strive after corruption in the land) and engage in sin in the land, i.e. by wrongfully killing others and taking their properties (will be that they will be killed) He says: the punishment of one who kills and does not take the victim's property is that he be killed (or crucified) He says: the punishment of one who kills a person and also takes his property is that he be crucified, (or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off) the right hand and the left leg. He says: the punishment of one who takes another's property but does not kill is that his hand and leg be cut off, (or will be expelled out of the land) or he will be put in prison until he displays righteousness and his repentance becomes apparent. Allah says: the punishment of someone who terrorises people as a highway robber but does not kill or take anyone's property is that he be imprisoned. (Such) that which I have mentioned (will be their degradation) their punishment (in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom) more severe than their punishment which they suffered in this world, that is, if the person does not repent;

This isn't even an instruction for Muslims, it's said by Pharaoh, the enemy of Moses.

Still,
it is saying Allah is cruel, hateful, and essentially delights in torturing and mutilating people. If Allah, and the prophet, both are fond of torture, mutilation, humiliation, and mass-killings, that explains why ISIS believes they are doing the will of Allah!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Tafsir Ibn Abbas:

Also, the Qur'an doesn't contain that description or explanation.

Many individual Muslims, extremists groups, or sometimes Theocracies, are motivated by such hate, violence, and bigotry, and act it out!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If there were a billion people in our world who adhered to Fascism, and most of those Fascists were "Peaceful, law-abiding citizens" who didn't hurt anyone, should we defend it as "peaceful" ideology, or call the condemnation of Fascism, "Fascist-phobia"? o_O

I don't think the problem is the Bible or the Quran or the Doctrine of Fascism. I think the problem is people who see these as perfect or inerrant. People should be as free to criticise the Bible and the Quran as they are to criticise the Doctrine of Fascism.

You should be as free to disagree with words of Muhammad as with Mussolini.

Also, the Qur'an doesn't contain that description or explanation.

Many individual Muslims, extremists groups, or sometimes Theocracies, are motivated by such hate, violence, and bigotry, and act it out!

Extremist groups rely very little on the Quran.

It's mostly Hadith, Sirah and the opinions of certain Islamic jurists.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't think the problem is the Bible or the Quran or the Doctrine of Fascism. I think the problem is people who see these as perfect or inerrant. People should be as free to criticise the Bible and the Quran as they are to criticise the Doctrine of Fascism.

You should be as free to disagree with words of Muhammad as with Mussolini.
Well, that is just not how things work in our politically correct world.

People that speak the truth about this hateful, bigoted, violent, gruesome, psychopathic book, ideology, or Doctrine, are called "Bigots", "Islamaphobes", or even "Racist" (even though Islam is not a race)!

There are many countries where I'd be legally killed or imprisoned for posting what I posted here.

And most of what I posted were facts, not opinions!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Extremist groups rely very little on the Quran.

It's mostly Hadith, Sirah and the opinions of certain Islamic jurists.
Interesting, because I have viewed ISIS propaganda that did indeed quote the Qur'an.

The Qur'an glorifies extremist views, anti-Semitism, hatred, bigotry, religious-extremism, mass-killings, torture, and various other barbaric atrocities, so why would they not quote the Qur'an?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If I wrote some of what Muhammad wrote, it would not matter if 90% was peaceful, the Doctors, professionals, and probation officer reading it would call it "Psychopathic, sadistic, hateful" and "narcissistic".

Not to mention, Muhammad was 53 when he married a six year old and had multiple wives, which would have put him in prison for a long time, even without the rest of the mass-killings and torture committed by his hateful, bigoted, bloodthirsty regime!

So, if the legal and medical professionals would call such writings and barbaric mass-killings: "psychopathic, narcissistic, and sadistic", why not call a spade a spade?

Why remain silent and passive as over a billion people make a greatest hero of an antisemetic pedophile, polygamist, bigot, mass-murderer, psychopathic, cruel, vicious, brutal, narcissistic military Dictator?

Last edited by a moderator:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I love Muslims...and I hope to meet Mohammed (Peace be upon him) some day.

But still, I'm gonna tell him, "That's ****ed up what ya did Mo!" :glomp:
What you though he did (bad stories) is doubtable had no good resources.
I would reject immediatly any hadith contradict with Quran teaching.

https://quran.com/21/107
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.