• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam is unable to relate to the diverse contemporary cultures

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Keeping in mind that Baha'ism came out of a sect that came out of a separate movement, making Baha'ism "the prophecy of the prophets prophecy part three"
Without Shi'ism, you would not exist. You've got to give a friendly nod the the Shaykhi's and the Bayani's.

I understand it to be a very correct observation, please.
Regards

aMirage

Look outside, seek and observe.
9-18-1 is unable to relate to the diverse contemporary cultures and values, sick, sick man

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't insider that spreading - was thinking rather why people convert.

The spreading of Islam is not related to the primary reason people convert. High birth rates and migration is the reason for the growth and spreading of Islam.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes
Bahais are instructed to obey the laws of the lands which they live in.

At which point non-Bahais will be subjected to Bahai laws.

Here on RF I have read that LSAs (Local Houses of Justice by then) will have the power to fine couples who have sex outside of wedlock, and adultery will be a criminal offence, the penalties to be decided by the UHJ.

And 'no', I'm not going back to search through the threads for that. It's for you to investigate .... :shrug:

And so in a Bahai country the Bahai inheritance, laws, treasure trove laws, ALL the Bahai civil laws will remain locked up in a cupboard?

So you're saying that the Bahai international police force, Bahai criminal laws and punishments, Bahai government, Bashai World Order........ this will never ever be put in place, even if a majority of people in a country are Bahais?

Hmmm....... I don't believe your suggestions, here, I'm afraid.

EDIT!:-
Oh alright..... I'll save you from your own search. I enquired of tghe WWW and many sites offered the same info.... I just snatched the first one for your further information about Bahai:-

Adultery and sexual intercourse between unmarried couples: Sexual intercourse between unmarried couples is punishable by a fine paid to the Local Spiritual Assembly; the penalty for adultery is left to the Universal House of Justice. Arson: The punishment for arson is either the death penalty or life imprisonment.
Bahá'í laws - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá%27í_laws

It's going to be a very unfree world, a Bahai World, I'm afraid.

A select citation of Baha'i scripture does not reflect the reality of the possibilities of a future government. Yes these are excerpts are from Baha'i references to Baha'i Laws, but are incomplete citations, and neglect the fact that the Baha'i Administration is an elected by consent of the believers, and they would determine which laws are implemented and how. When a nation would become predominately Baha'i then the laws would likely more reflect Baha'i beliefs and laws, which is not bad concerning the Baha'i prohibition of all forms of slavery, and secular and legal rights for women. Also neglecting the fact that the Baha'i principles and laws is an evolving process. Even now in many countries today similar laws to Baha'i Laws are coming into secular laws, such as penalties for adultery, ie alimony in the case of divorce, which did not exist in the past.

This neglects the purpose of the thread in how different religions are relevant to the contemporary world on how they relate to those who believe differently, ie the problems of relationships of the tribal religions of Judaism and Islam.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Taking the time range it would make more sense to assume that the Baha'i principles and laws are based on contemporary principles and laws.

Taking the time frame involved this is not the case. The spiritual laws and principles of the ancient religions failed to address the issues specifically as the Baha'i writings do in the contemporary world

You are also neglecting the fact that the teachings in the scriptures of the Torah, T.anakh, Bible, and the Quran are totally out of touch with the contemporary world, like the lack of specific laws prohibiting slavery, rape and the rights of women in society, and the tribal views of their relationship with those that believe differently.

If take your view above to a logical conclusion it is evolving secular humanist views that would be more relevant than religions. Nonetheless later 20th century Humanist Manifestos adopted Baha'i principles and teachings.

Remté

Taking the time frame involved this is not the case. The spiritual laws and principles of the ancient religions failed to address the issues specifically as the Baha'i writings do in the contemporary world

You are also neglecting the fact that the teachings in the scriptures of the Torah, T.anakh, Bible, and the Quran are totally out of touch with the contemporary world, like the lack of specific laws prohibiting slavery, rape and the rights of women in society, and the tribal views of their relationship with those that believe differently.

If take your view above to a logical conclusion it is evolving secular humanist views that would be more relevant than religions. Nonetheless later 20th century Humanist Manifestos adopted Baha'i principles and teachings.
And what new and useful has Baha'i brought?

The Quran is detailed about women's rights and slavery as well as abuse.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
shunyadragon said:
Not true, it was your selective interpretation of historical references to justify your religious agenda. I did not disgree with your references, just your misuse of them.
"Misused" = used perfectly accurately and in context to make a directly relevant argument which contradicted your deeply held prejudices
It is a correct observation.
Regards

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Yes, for example the social and legal equality for women, and a principle lacking in the scripture of Judaism, Christianity, nor Islam.

Also the mandatory education of children, both girls and boys.

Also the prohibition of all forms of slavery including indentured servitude.

Nothing here coopted from the scriptures of Judaism, Christianity nor Islam

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Nope. You are merely co-opting existing systems as your own.

Yes, for example the social and legal equality for women, and a principle lacking in the scripture of Judaism, Christianity, nor Islam.

Shad

Veteran Member

No nation used your religion as a basis for equality laws.

Remté

And you think that's due to Baha'i faith? That is so deluded.

And as I said before it is in the Quran.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A select citation of Baha'i scripture does not reflect the reality of the possibilities of a future government. Yes these are excerpts are from Baha'i references to Baha'i Laws, but are incomplete citations, and neglect the fact that the Baha'i Administration is an elected by consent of the believers, and they would determine which laws are implemented and how. When a nation would become predominately Baha'i then the laws would likely more reflect Baha'i beliefs and laws, which is not bad concerning the Baha'i prohibition of all forms of slavery, and secular and legal rights for women. Also neglecting the fact that the Baha'i principles and laws is an evolving process. Even now in many countries today similar laws to Baha'i Laws are coming into secular laws, such as penalties for adultery, ie alimony in the case of divorce, which did not exist in the past.

This neglects the purpose of the thread in how different religions are relevant to the contemporary world on how they relate to those who believe differently, ie the problems of relationships of the tribal religions of Judaism and Islam.
It's no good pointing in any other direction. It was written. Enough.