• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam’s teaching on response to abuse and mockery

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
it's not big deal that labels and misuderstanding and illusion the people here , in end all of them consider them self Muslims .

so if someone follow me , he/she called his belief Godobeyer's islam !!!! lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looks like Muslims aren't the only ones who want to stop mockery of historical figures.
And Obama also said the future must not belong to those who "bully women, those who target coptic Christians in Egypt, dictators who massacre their country's citizens, and those who turn their backs on peace.....The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country's resources — it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs, the workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people.... It's time to heed the words of Gandhi: "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit."
Giving Islam with three sentences, and making it share one of those with Christianity, isn't giving that big of a consideration towards Islam.
And, no, the future shouldn't belong to bullies and aggressors. Like him or not, Obama was correct in that speech.

Servant_of_the_One1

Why should death ever be an option because someone does something you don't like?

Well obviously iam not talking about someone who says: Hey u know what? I dont like islam at all.
Or someone who says : hey, i dont believe in islam. I rather be atheist, christian.

Iam talking about someone who constantly abuses islam and prophet pbuh, and his/her only intention is to provoke muslims.

Well shows my ignorance. I thought maybe it was a difference between the Shia and Sunni, didn't know there was a third branch. I was was about to ask that question.

The 2 and 3 views seem to come more from the Hadiths than the Quran. The Hadiths are also the source for Sharia law?

There is also the Ibadi and the Quranists. The Quranists reject all Hadiths. So one is likely to get very different responses to questions depending on which group one is dealing with.

islamic sects.png
Untitled.png

There are millions upon millions today of the many differing interpretations of Islam out there. Think about it....what is the figure of the world's Islamic population today? That's how many interpretations there are out there. There's no such thing as THERE'S ONLY ONE ISLAM...

Looncall

Well obviously iam not talking about someone who says: Hey u know what? I dont like islam at all.
Or someone who says : hey, i dont believe in islam. I rather be atheist, christian.

Iam talking about someone who constantly abuses islam and prophet pbuh, and his/her only intention is to provoke muslims.
I see, like muslim scriptures, clerics and media constantly do to non-muslims?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I doubt a muslim would insult christian historical figures. In islam its not allowed to insult holy ones of religions. This is why u dont see me badmouthing hindu dieties etc.
You don't badmouth others' deities, but people aren't perfect, so just as some non-Muslims dis Islam, so would some Muslims dis Xianity.
(We see very un-Islamic behavior by Muslims all the time, eg, ISIS, Boko Haram. So un-Islamic speech would exist too.)
Would you condone the killing of anyone who badmouths the majority religion in every country?
How about badmouthing secularism where that rules?

Going back to the OP....
"The Qur'an says that Allah curses the one who harms the Prophet in this world and He connected harm of Himself to harm of the Prophet. There is no dispute that anyone who curses Allah is killed and that his curse demands that he be categorised as an unbeliever. The judgement of the unbeliever is that he is killed."
It's pretty reasonable to read the underlined part as saying that we unbelievers (atheist here) should be killed.
Do you agree that I should be killed for not believing, or for saying publicly that I disbelieve?
Or is the quoted text an inaccurate translation?