• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Vegetarian for you?

King Phenomenon

Veggie meat is gross and I don’t think I could handle a diet of tofu, lentils, beans, vegetables, seeds, and nuts on top of the grains I currently eat.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Can't do it. Live in a group home it's difficult adjusting diet with that. I eat what they cook or have me cook unless I skip a meal cuz I can't eat it. Added to the fact i have a disability that if I was living on my own makes eating difficult at times I dont know if I could go vegetarian without risking me skipping meals because I couldn't bring myself to cook a proper meal or to eat a meal I've cooked. Legit my mind will force me not to eat if I dont want to eat what I have. And i will go without multiple meals when I cant find safe foods to eat. I notice this happens a lot with fruits. Fruit is unpredictable in taste and often I will take a bite then can't bring myself to eat the rest of it. It also happens with veggies but not as as often. It rarely happens with meat but can happen with it sometimes. I just dont want to limit my diet knowing I have this issue.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One of our family is pescatarian, meaning i often prepare a meat and a meat free meal each day. Two or three times a week we will all eat the same vegetarian food. Veggie food is more than tofu, lentils, beans, seeds, nuts and grains, it often contains vegetables too.

King Phenomenon

One of our family is pescatarian, meaning i often prepare a meat and a meat free meal each day. Two or three times a week we will all eat the same vegetarian food. Veggie food is more than tofu, lentils, beans, seeds, nuts and grains, it often contains vegetables too.
Yeah I don’t think I could handle those vegetables high in protein that vegetarians eat either on top of all the grains that I eat

King Phenomenon

I eat eggs three times a week on days I don’t eat meat

King Phenomenon

I put veggies in my original comment. Forgot about them like peas etc. I make pea soup alot

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah I don’t think I could handle those vegetables high in protein that vegetarians eat either on top of all the grains that I eat

Example, tonight we had a vegetable curry.

The other night was roasted mixed veg, it was delicious

Saturday I'm planning a goats cheese and spinach tart.

Etc...

Makes a change from meat

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I'd never heard of pescatarian. The internet says fish and dairy is ok? I could do that because we only eat red meat once or twice a month for some unknown reason these days but I couldn't go full vegie.

King Phenomenon

Example, tonight we had a vegetable curry.

The other night was roasted mixed veg, it was delicious

Saturday I'm planning a goats cheese and spinach tart.

Etc...

Makes a change from meat
Yeah I don’t eat large portions of meat. I don’t think I could just eat just a veggie dish and be satisfied for 5 hrs

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'd never heard of pescatarian. The internet says fish and dairy is ok? I could do that because we only eat red meat once or twice a month for some unknown reason these days but I couldn't go full vegie.

I had never heard the word until @Secret Chief informed me that she'll eat fish so she's a pest-i-tarian

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm an occasional vegetarian.
It's just another kind of tasty fare available to me.

BTW....
f1cc7c47423018b8cd12aa67fa106806.jpg