• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump Stupid, Mad (NPD) or both.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump is politically dumb and proud of it.
And yet, despite his horrible behavior for all the voters to see,
her spending more money, her having only 1 primary challenger,
& her having Obama's endorsement, he beat her.
Which one is politically dumb again?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
As one who has a son who suffers from bipolar disorder and a granddaughter who suffers from mood disorder, NPD, even though not exactly the same as the above, nevertheless does share many of the symptoms, and these fit Trump to a "T".

But notice I use the term "disorder', because it is not something easily controlled. I asked my 44 year old son if he felt that, based on what he has, could ever see himself as president, and he absolutely not. He's too "flighty", if you know what I mean by that, and he knows it.

It makes me wonder if this is why Ivanka is going to stay in the White House as she may have a soothing effect on him, much like my son's wife has that kind of effect on my son.

That coud be so but NPD is self reinforcing. And they will tun on anyone who disagrees with them.
They are easily calmed with flattery.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
And yet, despite his horrible behavior for all the voters to see,
her spending more money, her having only 1 primary challenger,
& her having Obama's endorsement, he beat her.
Which one is politically dumb again?

More likely it is a matter which supporters were the dumber.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That coud be so but NPD is self reinforcing. And they will tun on anyone who disagrees with them.
They are easily calmed with flattery.
Exactly, which is why Trump cannot accept the facts that he did not win the popular vote and that his crowd size on inauguration day was less than Obama's.

BTW, both of his co-authors of his books say he has some serious insecurity issues, and each worked with him for months.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
More likely it is a matter which supporters were the dumber.
That's a tough call.
But he did manage to win the votes that counted.
That's not a ringing endorsement of Hillary's smarts.
It's easy to call him dumb.
But to embiggen the insult to a claim of fact is empty.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
That's a tough call.
But he did manage to win the votes that counted.
That's not a ringing endorsement of Hillary's smarts.
It's easy to call him dumb.
But to embiggen the insult to a claim of fact is empty.

Equally, perhaps there were more dumb voters in the the necessaty places.?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Equally, perhaps there were more dumb voters in the the necessaty places.?
There's a missing critical distinction distinction here....
You could so charge those who voted in the primaries to run Trump for Prez
because they could've presented us with someone better.
But in the general election, we were faced with a simple alternative of him or Hillary.
At that point, It's an intelligent decision to vote against her, ie, for him.

As for those primary voters who made Hillary the candidate, one could call them....
....well....you know. Except for the ones who vote for Bernie....even though he's
crazy, he's also a sane choice.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There's a missing critical distinction distinction here....
You could so charge those who voted in the primaries to run Trump for Prez
because they could've presented us with someone better.
But in the general election, we were faced with a simple alternative of him or Hillary.
At that point, It's an intelligent decision to vote against her, ie, for him.

As for those primary voters who made Hillary the candidate, one could call them....
....well....you know. Except for the ones who vote for Bernie....even though he's
crazy, he's also a sane choice.

In this case you clearly voted negatively.
You were unable to vote for Clinton because of what you felt about both her and her politics.
You were not much happier about voting for Trump because of the risk.
From the remaining options... to Vote against Clinton, or abstain.
You decided to vote against Clinton.

This is the problem with the primary system. It results in a large proportion of negative voting.
If all the candidates were on the ballot, people could vote positively.
Or possibly Tactically, as is often the case in main land Europe, where they have a more mature political attitude.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
IIt is not charitable to hate the sick in mind.
There it is.......
The above was a statement, not a question.
And so, slowly, your posts have veered from questions to statements.
Your posts have wandered from words like personality disorder, through mad and on to sick of mind.

Is that how yopu campaigned for seats back in the day?
How successful were you?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This is an observation, and it is true. That he is suffering from NPD is not my diagnosis it is theirs.
Hence the question. 'Is Trump Stupid, Mad (NPD) or both?

Nah.....!
It was you who linked a personality disorder to stupidity and madness. But your recent post just 'clicked' into 'sick of mind'. No questions there.

In my opinion you do have a record of disgraceful comments about famous folks, even after their deaths. But that's just me and my opinion.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There it is.......
The above was a statement, not a question.
And so, slowly, your posts have veered from questions to statements.
Your posts have wandered from words like personality disorder, through mad and on to sick of mind.

Is that how yopu campaigned for seats back in the day?
How successful were you?

I am not campaigning. I am an observer.
I have no constituency in this case
Of course I have made statements and I have asked a few questions...
That is the way forums work.
So far what he has Done has confirmed my fears.
He has caused chaos through out the world, and in the process, has affected the lives of well respected British citizens and their families. Including Sir Mo Farah, a geen card holder of 6 years standing, and now separated fom his family.

We will see now how Trump reacts to all the criticism and opposition to his policies.
My expectation is that he will dig his heels in, and attack. Even if he is forced to give way.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Nah.....!
It was you who linked a personality disorder to stupidity and madness. But your recent post just 'clicked' into 'sick of mind'. No questions there.

In my opinion you do have a record of disgraceful comments about famous folks, even after their deaths. But that's just me and my opinion.

Nowhere have I said he is stupid. That is not a necessary part of his condition. Though I did ask the Question in the Op. As people might confuse the two.

Madness is a headline term with no real meaning. Personality disorders NPD is specific a sick mind could include any troubled mental condition, including his.

My opinons of people, famous or not does not change because they might be deceased. What I say about them good or bad, remans the same in either case.

The same will be as to my opinions on Trump.

Last edited: