• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trinity in the Bible?

athanasius

rocka21 said:
i think sometimes when people think trinity, they go back to catholic dogma.

my answer: Lets hope they do:yes: because it was the Catholic Church and her councils( I Nicea 325 AD and Constantinople 381 AD) that developed the Nicene Creed, a defense and understanding of the Trinity originally. This creed is still said in chur4ch services today by the majority of Christians worldwide.

If anyone fails to fall in line with this historic understanding of the Trinity, then he/she would be believing heretical dogma:eek: and thats not good. We have alot to be thankful to the Catholic church, her Popes, Fathers, and councils for, like the Canon of the new testament.

In Mary's Maternal love,
Athanasius

bobuk25

I really do find it hard to understand the trinity idea, for example when Jesus was baptized, a voice came out of heaven, saying: You are my Son, the beloved. If God were truly on earth being baptized, would he project his voice up to heaven and back so that those words could be heard on the earth? Would that not be misleading? Would God, “who cannot lie,” do such a deceptive thing?

rocka21

Brother Rock
athanasius said:
rocka21 said:
i think sometimes when people think trinity, they go back to catholic dogma.

my answer: Lets hope they do:yes: because it was the Catholic Church and her councils( I Nicea 325 AD and Constantinople 381 AD) that developed the Nicene Creed, a defense and understanding of the Trinity originally. This creed is still said in chur4ch services today by the majority of Christians worldwide.

If anyone fails to fall in line with this historic understanding of the Trinity, then he/she would be believing heretical dogma:eek: and thats not good. We have alot to be thankful to the Catholic church, her Popes, Fathers, and councils for, like the Canon of the new testament.

In Mary's Maternal love,
Athanasius

thank you catholic church:eek:

rocka21

Brother Rock
bobuk25 said:
Yes I agree, we should all pray for and try to achieve deeper understanding of the Bible, God will guide us if we're humble. Im glad you've read some of our publications, can I ask what you thought of our message? I can understand why you feel it is unreasonable of us to not accept your literature, I'll try and explain why we do this. What christian denomination are you, if you don't mind me asking?

i thought your some of the message's that i read had good points, and i disagreed with others.

you don't have to explain why you do not accept my literature , i already know.
You are indoctrinated by your organization to not accept literature because you believe it is false. Scared that people will THINK for themselves.

VERY DANGROUS GROUND! ( in my opinion). You shut yourself off from any other doctrine. I am ok with my beliefs. no one has to SCARE me not to look at, read, or hear other things. I can make my own decisions.

One thing i have learned being a follower of christ for the past ten years.

NO ONE GROUP, MAN, DEOMONATON KNOWS EVERYTHING!:clap

the Holy Spirit continually reveal truths to the church and man.
i don't understand everything, but this i know ( believe). jesus was born of a virgin, died for the sins of mankind, and is coming back for the Church.

when you think you figured out the bible ( ha!) let me know.
catholics think they are right. baptist they same. LDS, JW, on and on and on.

i don't think God ( jehovah) is up there saying, " man i am glad those JW's got it right".
" i feel sorry for everyone else".

ALL THAT CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD ARE MY BROTHERS!:candle:

by the way, i am a teacher in a bible collage also. My church is Non- denominational.

GOD BLESS

</IMG></IMG>

rocka21

Brother Rock
my dad is catholic and my uncle is JW ( since the 70's). I am HOLY GHOST ( tongues).

you should see us three when we go fishing and start talking about GOD! LOL

wmam

rocka21 said:
my dad is catholic and my uncle is JW ( since the 70's). I am HOLY GHOST ( tongues).

you should see us three when we go fishing and start talking about GOD! LOL

Anyone walked on water yet? Who usually catches the most fish? Who usually catches the biggest fish? LOL ;)

as i have posted in another thread

I know its in our nature, we hve to try and desifier and figure out these mysteries, these un answered questions, but god is a powerful being, the most powerful being, and when i think about haveing all the power in the world its easy for me to understand that god can be in many places at once, i mean in a contempary sence.. he's god...
Jesus was a man born by the virgin mary and annoited with the spirit of god, whats so hard about that, the full man Jesus was also fully GOD because...
Isaiah 11:2 (NIV) The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD--
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV) The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
Psalms 45:7-8 (NIV) You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. 8 All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad.
Matthew 3:16 (NIV) As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
John 3:34 (NIV) For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.
Acts 10:38 (NIV) how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
Jesus has been mentioned many times in the OT telling us that one day a child will be born and he shall be alled emmanuel (God among us)
because of original sin God promised that one day sins will be forgiven and the gates to the kingdom of heaven shall be reopen, sins will be forgivin, so god did just that god came down from heaven as the holy spirit and was born by the virgin mary as the man jesus died defeated evil rose from the dead and ascened into heaven.
God can be 3 different people at once, just as i belive god can be billions of people as once if he wanted.
St. Patrick plucked a shamrock from the sward and said " This shamrock has 3 leaves, three seperate different leaves on this one stem, these leaves make up one shamrock as 3 people make up one god."
and i think that holds great signifigance, "we are one body with many parts" As is God one body with many parts

"Trinity" is a term that is not found in the Bible but a word used to describe what is apparent about God in the Scriptures. The Bible clearly speaks of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit...and also clearly presents that there is only one God. Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity.
God the Son (Jesus) is fully, completely God. God the Father is fully, completely God. And God the Holy Spirit is fully, completely God. Yet there is only one God. In our world, with our limited human experience, it's tough to understand the Trinity. But from the beginning we see God this way in Scripture. Notice the plural pronouns "us" and "our" in Genesis 1:26 -- Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
inscripture jesus says clearly and unmistakably
"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)
"He who has seen Me has seen the Father." (John 14:9)
"He who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me." (John 12:45)
And the angel answered and said to her [Mary], "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)
so in scripture its evident
hope it helps

may

wmam said:
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

That is absolutely correct. So why is it that most call to Him by a title, or as in the case of this mistranslation of jehovah, call on Him with a bogus name? This isn't sanctifying but blaspheming.
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

wmam

may said:
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​

You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

Psa 83:18 That men may know3045 that3588 thou,859 whose name8034 alone905 is JEHOVAH,3068 art the most high5945 over5921 all3605 the earth.776

Psa 83:16 Fill4390 their faces6440 with shame;7036 that they may seek1245 thy name,8034 O LORD.3068

Psa 83:18 (83:19) &#1493;&#1497;&#1491;&#1506;&#1493;3045 &#1499;&#1497;3588 &#1488;&#1514;&#1492;859 &#1513;&#1473;&#1502;&#1498;8034 &#1497;&#1492;&#1493;&#1492;3068 &#1500;&#1489;&#1491;&#1498;905 &#1506;&#1500;&#1497;&#1493;&#1503;5945 &#1506;&#1500;5921 &#1499;&#1500;3605 &#1492;&#1488;&#1512;&#1509;&#1475;776

Psa 83:16 (83:17) &#1502;&#1500;&#1488;4390 &#1508;&#1504;&#1497;&#1492;&#1501;6440 &#1511;&#1500;&#1493;&#1503;7036 &#1493;&#1497;&#1489;&#1511;&#1513;&#1473;&#1493;1245 &#1513;&#1473;&#1502;&#1498;8034 &#1497;&#1492;&#1493;&#1492;&#1475;3068

Your quoting this verse does nothing in showing or explaining the mistranslation.

Just 2 verses above it shows the same in Hebrew with different english words. Somethings smells and it ain't me. LOL

I again choose truth.

may

wmam said:
Psa 83:18 That men may know3045 that3588 thou,859 whose name8034 alone905 is JEHOVAH,3068 art the most high5945 over5921 all3605 the earth.776

Psa 83:16 Fill4390 their faces6440 with shame;7036 that they may seek1245 thy name,8034 O LORD.3068

Psa 83:18 (83:19) &#1493;&#1497;&#1491;&#1506;&#1493;3045 &#1499;&#1497;3588 &#1488;&#1514;&#1492;859 &#1513;&#1473;&#1502;&#1498;8034 &#1497;&#1492;&#1493;&#1492;3068 &#1500;&#1489;&#1491;&#1498;905 &#1506;&#1500;&#1497;&#1493;&#1503;5945 &#1506;&#1500;5921 &#1499;&#1500;3605 &#1492;&#1488;&#1512;&#1509;&#1475;776

Psa 83:16 (83:17) &#1502;&#1500;&#1488;4390 &#1508;&#1504;&#1497;&#1492;&#1501;6440 &#1511;&#1500;&#1493;&#1503;7036 &#1493;&#1497;&#1489;&#1511;&#1513;&#1473;&#1493;1245 &#1513;&#1473;&#1502;&#1498;8034 &#1497;&#1492;&#1493;&#1492;&#1475;3068

Your quoting this verse does nothing in showing or explaining the mistranslation.

Just 2 verses above it shows the same in Hebrew with different english words. Somethings smells and it ain't me. LOL

I again choose truth.
yes his name is very important , and he wants men to know his name ,
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near.
(Psalm 145:18) Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.

Ronald

ApologeticsCatholic said:
as i have posted in another thread

I know its in our nature, we hve to try and desifier and figure out these mysteries, these un answered questions, but god is a powerful being, the most powerful being, and when i think about haveing all the power in the world its easy for me to understand that god can be in many places at once, i mean in a contempary sence.. he's god...
Jesus was a man born by the virgin mary and annoited with the spirit of god, whats so hard about that, the full man Jesus was also fully GOD because...
Isaiah 11:2 (NIV) The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD--
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV) The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
Psalms 45:7-8 (NIV) You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. 8 All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad.
Matthew 3:16 (NIV) As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
John 3:34 (NIV) For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.
Acts 10:38 (NIV) how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
Jesus has been mentioned many times in the OT telling us that one day a child will be born and he shall be alled emmanuel (God among us)
because of original sin God promised that one day sins will be forgiven and the gates to the kingdom of heaven shall be reopen, sins will be forgivin, so god did just that god came down from heaven as the holy spirit and was born by the virgin mary as the man jesus died defeated evil rose from the dead and ascened into heaven.
God can be 3 different people at once, just as i belive god can be billions of people as once if he wanted.
St. Patrick plucked a shamrock from the sward and said " This shamrock has 3 leaves, three seperate different leaves on this one stem, these leaves make up one shamrock as 3 people make up one god."
and i think that holds great signifigance, "we are one body with many parts" As is God one body with many parts

"Trinity" is a term that is not found in the Bible but a word used to describe what is apparent about God in the Scriptures. The Bible clearly speaks of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit...and also clearly presents that there is only one God. Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity.
God the Son (Jesus) is fully, completely God. God the Father is fully, completely God. And God the Holy Spirit is fully, completely God. Yet there is only one God. In our world, with our limited human experience, it's tough to understand the Trinity. But from the beginning we see God this way in Scripture. Notice the plural pronouns "us" and "our" in Genesis 1:26 -- Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
inscripture jesus says clearly and unmistakably
"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)
"He who has seen Me has seen the Father." (John 14:9)
"He who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me." (John 12:45)
And the angel answered and said to her [Mary], "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)
so in scripture its evident
hope it helps
I just love this verse in the "Living Bible" MT.11 19 "--- but brilliant men like you can justify your every inconsistancy."

Here we have an example of that justification! The writer is oh so right that God can be three persons, but the word of God says in no uncertain terms that "He is one"

It is okay to believe in a triune God. But! If you believe the son of God, then you know that it would be better for you to have a millstone tied around your neck and cast into the sea, if he causes one of these little one who believe in me to sin.(my paraphrase)
A teacher is held to a higher level.
So my dear friends! Should you be wrong! There is a great penalty for false teaching!

Since the bible doesn't say God is a tri-unity, I myself will refrain from teaching "Added" theologies. Teaching the bible just as it is, is just as effective as going the way of the "Adder!"

"But brilliant men like you can justify your every inconsistancy."

Shalom

wmam

may said:
yes his name is very important , and he wants men to know his name ,
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near.
(Psalm 145:18) Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.

Yes His name is very important , and He wants men to know His name ,
Isa 55:6 Seek YAH while He is to be found, call on Him while He is near.
Psa 145:18 YAH is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.

Yes truth!!!!!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Maybe this is something so personal that it is up to the individual; I posted what I thought was a 'perfect' explanation to my understanding...one which I would (in all sincerity and naivete) have believed would have satisfied anyone - to which I had the answer "I thought that was what you meant, it means nothing to me"..........

If you belive that God, the father and son and holy spirit or all the same god (according to the bible as is no added theology ,they are) And while Jesus (spirit/ word of god) was being baptized by John and the Sky opened and the Holy spirit (god) flew out of the in the form of a dove and God (God) spoke then all 3 forms of God where in one place at one time , now either God is Tri-une or you worship Multiple Gods. God refers to himself in the OT in Genisis in the Story of creation as "our" "us" "we" im sure him and the angels didnt make the Earth moon and sky he was calling himself "we" becasue he is Tri-une,

"Let US make man in OUR image": Three plural pronouns, (We, Us, Our) used 6 different times in four different passages: Gen 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Isa 6:8. The unanimous opinion of the apostolic Fathers was that the Father was talking to Jesus.

"Then Yahweh [on earth in human form] rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Yahweh [in spirit form in heaven] out of heaven. Genesis 19:24. In this text Abraham is visited by three individuals, one being Yahweh and the other two angels. Here we have God on the earth (Jesus) and God in heaven (father) sending down fire from heaven. This incident when Abraham met with Yahweh God, is what Jesus referred to when he said, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." (John 8:56) The unanimous opinion of the apostolic Fathers was that Jesus visited Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19.

Isaiah saw the glory of Yahweh, but John says that Isaiah really saw the glory of Christ. This proves Jesus is Yahweh. Combine this with the fact the Yahweh said, "Who will go for US" is a plural pronoun indicating more than one person in the Godhead.

Jesus echoes the "I AM" statements in Isaiah chapters 40-55. This spectacular link explores over 20 different passages in Isaiah and John.

I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. "They will say of Me, 'Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him shall be put to shame.

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

Shema Israel YHWH elohanu YHWH echad --- Why in deut 6:4 would we hear that Yawwh is "one" unless there was some signifiagance? like Trinity.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name&#8212;the name you gave me&#8212;so that they may be one as we are one. (John 17:11)

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: (John 17:22)

For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.

"I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. &#8230; Has it not been written in your Law, &#8216;I said, you are gods&#8217;?"

A simple reading of the context of John 12 makes it clear that John is saying that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus Christ himself in Isaiah 6. This proves Jesus is Yahweh.

The Jews answered him, "We have a law, and by that law He ought to die because He made Himself out to be the Son of God."

For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall give praise to God."

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all

"Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

And there shall no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His bond-servants shall [latreuo] serve Him."

He doesnt use the word or term Tri-Une or Trinity but god is easily 3 entity's in One god. How many times does he refer himself as One as We , us , our? why would he and why would jesus claim to be one with god?

Ronald

AC, I won't continue to confuse you with the truth, it is clear your mind is made up!
"Living Bible" MT.11 19 "--- but brilliant men like you can justify your every inconsistancy."

Shalom