• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this racist?

Is the statement saying that one race is overall more beautiful than the other, a racist statement?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Is it racist to make the comment that one race is over all more beautiful than another... that statement is true only in the eyes of the beholder... But is the statement itself racist?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I was only asking because I was checking out girls at church, and I realized that I found certain races more attractive than others on average. I'm wondering if this means I'm racist... I believe people should be judged by their conduct, not their race , and there are good people and bad people in every race, so racism seems quite stupid to me.

I've lived in ghettos, jails, and homeless shelters where minorities make up the most of the people, and I will say that on some levels certain races on average are more trustworthy and easier to get along with, in my experience.

That doesn't make one race good or another race bad, and I'm not at all white supremacist (I lost my virginity to a black girl) I just find I tend to get along best with whites and Asians. Does that make me racist?

Last edited by a moderator:

Father

Devourer of Truth
it's subjective. if you mean stating that in objective than yes. but we all have preferences. I only find East Asians attractive. I don't find my own race attractive.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No good in saying something like that. But I'm wondering how racist is it to find one race more attractive than the other?
Doesn't sound racist to me, as long as everybody understands that it just a subjective personal aesthetic preference.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
it's subjective. if you mean stating that in objective than yes. but we all have preferences. I only find East Asians attractive. I don't find my own race attractive.
What if a person has experienced living with multiple racial groups and they find out that on average they enjoy the company of certain races more than others. Is that racist?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I was only asking because I was checking out girls at church, and I realized that I found certain races more attractive than others on average. I'm wondering if this means I'm racist... I believe people should be judged by their conduct, not their race , and there are good people and bad people in every race, so racism seems quite stupid to me.

I've lived in ghettos, jails, and homeless shelters where minorities make up the most of the people, and I will say that on some levels certain races on average are more trustworthy and easier to get along with, in my experience.

That doesn't make one race good or another race bad, and I'm not at all white supremacist (I lost my virginity to a black girl) I just find I tend to get along best with whites and Asians. Does that make me racist?

Only when you say it out loud so someone can hear you. "Silence is golden"

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What if a person has experienced living with multiple racial groups and they find out that on average they enjoy the company of certain races more than others. Is that racist?

No I think the definition of racism is trying to say one race is superior to another, personal preferences don't do that, they are just opinions.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Everybody has preferences. It's no big deal as long as you're treating everybody with respect and honesty and consideration.
Why is this an issue?
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Everybody has preferences. It's no big deal as long as you're treating everybody with respect and honesty and consideration.
Why is this an issue?
Tom
I was just wondering if people thought I was racist... I appreciate the feedback

Father

Devourer of Truth
it would be a bit odd if its another group over their own as most part with like kind. but no. just preference. I would argue something is only racist if it's aggressively pushed on other's,
for example, I find east Asian women the hottest and really only like them. that's preference. now me going around preaching about how all other women of other races are trash in comparison would be racist

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Is it racist to make the comment that one race is over all more beautiful than another... that statement is true only in the eyes of the beholder... But is the statement itself racist?

Race is not even recognized in the scientific community for one. Two, all human beings are of the same homos sapien species. Three, you're referring to ethnic cultures. Four, all cultures have unique beauty we've only been compartmentalized because of European colonialism.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
It depends what context.

If I say that I think black people are generally prettier than other races because I find dark skin more attractive, that's a personal preference. A racist statement degrades a specific group of people or assumes that only one group of people are good/superior. Just because someone finds dark skin more attractive doesn't mean they can't appreciate fair-skinned people. Personal attraction might be biased but as long as it doesn't cause any problems or purposely degrade people based on racial qualities, I don't see a problem.

So as a statement of personal preference, I don't think it's racist to say you're more likely to think one race is more beautiful, it only starts to turn racist when you say that only those people are beautiful.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't think so. You're right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I happen to think Arabic and Korean women have more outward beauty than other races.

I also think Native Americans have the best skin color.

proudpagan

racist1.jpg

Is it racist to make the comment that one race is over all more beautiful than another..

Not if it phrased as an expression of personal opinion.

Some ultra PC people will find fault with it though, especially if it is different from your own ethnicity.

That's really a preference for culture over race. Everyone has their own preferences and it is not racist.