• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this ok?

JTFC

Can I practice Christianity and cast good spells and use white magic?

What do you think? Please answer truthfully.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
although on one hand i would want to debate your usage of the phrase "white magic", in the past i had no problem walking the path of a Christian and a Witch. theologically, ethically and spiritually i see no problem with it. not sure how most Christians feel about it though.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Christian Wicca is one of those subjects that both sides tend to get nasty over. Both sides can be quick to say that it can't be done, but those are only opinions. That would just tell me that Christian Wicca is just not for them, or they just have a limited imagination.

Listen to your heart, not other peoples opinions (including mine), your inner voice will usually not lead you astray. Do what feels right.

TurkeyOnRye

I speculate that "magic" of any kind is condemned by the Christian religion. I've read many scriptures claiming the wickedness of sorcery and magic and whatnot. Any power you have, the Christians would claim is that which god gives you, which I guess comes from prayer and faith.

If you want my opinion, which you probably don't, I would suggest spending your energy on the most relevant philosophy we can implement in our lives: humanism.

Circle_One

although on one hand i would want to debate your usage of the phrase "white magic", in the past i had no problem walking the path of a Christian and a Witch. theologically, ethically and spiritually i see no problem with it. not sure how most Christians feel about it though.

I wouldn't really consider it a debate, Mikey. JFTC is obviously new to the world of Magick, and could probably use some insight and understanding, especially where Magickal terms are concerned.

What he means, JFTC, is that there is no such thing as "white" Magick. Magick has no color, it is neither black, nor white, nor grey. Magick, in all its essences and forms is perfectly neutral. Meaning that it, in and of itself, does not choose whether it is good, or evil ("white" or "black", respectively). It is simply the heart and desire of the practitioner (i.e. Witch) that decides whether the essence of the Magick will be used with good or bad intent. It is this that makes the Magick good or evil, not the Magick itself.

As for Christianity mixing with Witchcraft, I am completely and wholly undecided on it, and have been for many years. It's a struggle I've had for a long time as to whether the two can ever really coincide in harmony, and I'm afraid, I'm still, as of yet, unsure, so my opinion is of no help here. Sorry. :(

OutOfTime

nope, it's funny how people talk about 'contradictions' in the bible and they do things like this. anyways, all magic is sorcery so it isn't accepted. white magic, black magic, it's still unnatural. it's creating an illusion. it's no different than getting an implant or something through technology like an abortion.

i thikn God gave you a conscience, that should help you out...how you feel if you decide to practise magic. if there's any guilt then you knwo it's wrong.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers

If you talk to a Wiccan, they would tell you that "casting a good spell" and "white magic" is exactly the same process as praying for a friends health or praying to a Saint for guidance.

You're projecting an intention "out there" and hoping that either God or the gods/powers of nature grant your wish.