• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this logical and acceptable ...... ?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Dear pegg ,I don't deny what you say about great god's forgive and I know if lord encounter us by his justice nobody save from hell and go to heaven but we talk about a wild , pitiless and hard criminals which never regret and never repent about their felonies. Did Jesus sacrifice himself for such bloodthirsty savages ?

Yes he did. The reason why is because every one of us are sinners. We are all in the same boat and none of us are better then any other. Sure, some people commit greater sins, but that doesnt mean they cannot ever repent over their crimes.

Only God knows the individual heart of a person. And anyone of us can make room in our heart for God given the opportunity. God will not deny anyone that opportunity.
Romans 9:14 What shall we say, then? Is there injustice with God? Never may that become so! 15 For he says to Moses: “I will have mercy upon whomever I do have mercy, and I will show compassion to whomever I do show compassion.” 16 So, then, it depends, not upon the one wishing nor upon the one running, but upon God, who has mercy

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, ‘“As I am alive,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from YOUR bad ways, for why is it that YOU should die,

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Bravo trruth , you talk attractive and affectionate and I enjoyed your comment ,this is the sign of your insight and ability in theology explanation.Saint Imam Ali (peace upon him ) says :" whom has a discerning heart has a capable tongue too " :flower:

The Quran gives one story about Jesus, but Jesus disciples (those who actually were with Jesus) give another story.

All of Jesus disciples agree that Jesus was killed. They do not contradict each other on this point, so it is well attested to even by Gods own law through Moses which requires more then one witness....'at the mouth or two or three witnesses a matter is firmly established"

How many witnesses saw the death of Jesus?

Matthew 27:50 Again Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and yielded up [his] spirit...55 Moreover, many women were there viewing from a distance,...56 among whom was Mary Mag′da·lene, also Mary the mother of James and Jo′ses, and the mother of the sons of Zeb′e·dee.
57 Now as it was late in the afternoon, there came a rich man of Ar·i·ma·the′a, named Joseph, who had also himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58 This man went up to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded it to be given over. 59 And Joseph took the body, wrapped it up in clean fine linen, 60 and laid it in his new memorial tomb

Mark 15:37 But Jesus let out a loud cry and expired.

Luke 23:46 And Jesus called with a loud voice and said: “Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit.” When he had said this, he expired

John 19:30 When, now, he had received the sour wine, Jesus said: “It has been accomplished!” and, bowing his head, he delivered up [his] spirit....32 The soldiers came, therefore, and broke the legs of the first [man]...33 But on coming to Jesus, as they saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.

The only one who contradicts this is the Quran. So in a court of law, the many witnesses to the event would stand as conclusive proof. No one would take the word of the one person as the truth when there are so many witnesses to the same event who all state the same thing. Jesus was killed. That is what the judge would rule in favor of because that is the testimony with the most witnesses.

Manss

Yes he did. The reason why is because every one of us are sinners. We are all in the same boat and none of us are better then any other. Sure, some people commit greater sins, but that doesnt mean they cannot ever repent over their crimes.

Only God knows the individual heart of a person. And anyone of us can make room in our heart for God given the opportunity. God will not deny anyone that opportunity.

If it is so, why god has created hell ? only for displaying ? or we must think it is just the kitchen for heaven population ?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If it is so, why god has created hell ? only for displaying ? or we must think it is just the kitchen for heaven population ?

God didnt create hell. Hell is nothing more then the grave of the dead person.

You believe hell is a firey place of torment. Well the prophets of old said that hell is the grave. The word hell is an english word...the hebrew equivalent is Sheol.

Some religious people changed the meaning of the word 'hell'' and by Mohammad's time (7th century), everyone believed it was a fearful place of fiery torment where the wicked were punished. But that is a religous lie based on ancient pagan religions.

The bible hell is nothing more then the grave and even the good man Job prayed to go there:
“O that in Sheol [grave, King James Version; hell, Douay Version] you would conceal me, . . . that you would set a time limit for me and remember me!” (Job 14:13)

Manss

God didnt create hell. Hell is nothing more then the grave of the dead person.

You believe hell is a firey place of torment. Well the prophets of old said that hell is the grave. The word hell is an english word...the hebrew equivalent is Sheol.

Some religious people changed the meaning of the word 'hell'' and by Mohammad's time (7th century), everyone believed it was a fearful place of fiery torment where the wicked were punished. But that is a religous lie based on ancient pagan religions.

The bible hell is nothing more then the grave and even the good man Job prayed to go there:
“O that in Sheol [grave, King James Version; hell, Douay Version] you would conceal me, . . . that you would set a time limit for me and remember me!” (Job 14:13)

But IMO it is true and exist as courts and prisons exist for wrongdoer in this world

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The god's messenger Jesus has sacrificed himself for , murderers , chiefs , and other criminals and felons don't go to hell ?

It was God's ultimate gift of love to His children, through mercy, cleansing the world of sin, through the single sacrifice. Those who repent can be cleansed, through His blood and reconciled to God.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Quran gives one story about Jesus, but Jesus disciples (those who actually were with Jesus) give another story.

All of Jesus disciples agree that Jesus was killed. They do not contradict each other on this point, so it is well attested to even by Gods own law through Moses which requires more then one witness....'at the mouth or two or three witnesses a matter is firmly established"

How many witnesses saw the death of Jesus?

Matthew 27:50 Again Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and yielded up [his] spirit...55 Moreover, many women were there viewing from a distance,...56 among whom was Mary Mag′da·lene, also Mary the mother of James and Jo′ses, and the mother of the sons of Zeb′e·dee.
57 Now as it was late in the afternoon, there came a rich man of Ar·i·ma·the′a, named Joseph, who had also himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58 This man went up to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded it to be given over. 59 And Joseph took the body, wrapped it up in clean fine linen, 60 and laid it in his new memorial tomb

Mark 15:37 But Jesus let out a loud cry and expired.

Luke 23:46 And Jesus called with a loud voice and said: “Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit.” When he had said this, he expired

John 19:30 When, now, he had received the sour wine, Jesus said: “It has been accomplished!” and, bowing his head, he delivered up [his] spirit....32 The soldiers came, therefore, and broke the legs of the first [man]...33 But on coming to Jesus, as they saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.

The only one who contradicts this is the Quran. So in a court of law, the many witnesses to the event would stand as conclusive proof. No one would take the word of the one person as the truth when there are so many witnesses to the same event who all state the same thing. Jesus was killed. That is what the judge would rule in favor of because that is the testimony with the most witnesses.

Matthew 28 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. 4 And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. 5 But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he[a] lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.” 8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”

So from verse 9,we can realize that they met Jesus as body and soul after his death,
and they hold his feet,so jesus is alive body and soul with the witness of Mary
Magdalene and the other Mary as an evidence that he was not dead as a body.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Matthew 28 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. 4 And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. 5 But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he[a] lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.” 8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”

So from verse 9,we can realize that they met Jesus as body and soul after his death,
and they hold his feet,so jesus is alive body and soul with the witness of Mary
Magdalene and the other Mary as an evidence that he was not dead as a body.

yes, 'after the sabbath' ... 3 days later... he was resurrected by God.

Just as his apostles testify:

Acts 2:23 this [man], as one delivered up by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, YOU fastened to a stake by the hand of lawless men and did away with. 24 But God resurrected him by loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to continue to be held fast by it.

Acts 3:15 whereas YOU killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

Romans 4:24 but also for the sake of us to whom it is destined to be counted, because we believe on him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.

Jesus was killed, but God brought him back to life. This is just as the prophets of old said would happen:

Psalm 16:10 For you will not leave my soul in She′ol (hell). You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit

Isaiah 53:8 Because of restraint and of judgment he was taken away; and who will concern himself even with [the details of] his generation? For he was severed from the land of the living ones. Because of the transgression of my people he had the stroke

And Jesus had told them this very fact:
Luke 9:21 Then in a stern talk to them he instructed them not to be telling this to anybody, 22 but said: “The Son of man must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by the older men and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised up.”

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But IMO it is true and exist as courts and prisons exist for wrongdoer in this world

Yes, I understand and you are welcome to your beliefs. I'm aware that the Quran teaches differently in this regard.

But as a christian i believe the teaching of the bible where the Apostle Paul stated that when a person dies, he has been forgiven of all his sins because death is the punishment for sin...therefore i cannot see why God would need to punish a person further after he has already been convicted for his sins:

Romans 6;6 '...that our sinful body might be made inactive, that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin. 7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
yes, 'after the sabbath' ... 3 days later... he was resurrected by God.

Just as his apostles testify:

Acts 2:23 this [man], as one delivered up by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, YOU fastened to a stake by the hand of lawless men and did away with. 24 But God resurrected him by loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to continue to be held fast by it.

Acts 3:15 whereas YOU killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

Romans 4:24 but also for the sake of us to whom it is destined to be counted, because we believe on him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.

Jesus was killed, but God brought him back to life. This is just as the prophets of old said would happen:

Psalm 16:10 For you will not leave my soul in She′ol (hell). You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit

Isaiah 53:8 Because of restraint and of judgment he was taken away; and who will concern himself even with [the details of] his generation? For he was severed from the land of the living ones. Because of the transgression of my people he had the stroke

And Jesus had told them this very fact:
Luke 9:21 Then in a stern talk to them he instructed them not to be telling this to anybody, 22 but said: “The Son of man must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by the older men and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised up.”

So i understand that Jesus after 3 days is alive flesh and soul,so where is the sacrifice,
the body is perfect and he is raised up to god as flesh and soul,so what
kind of sacrifice,we can say that the person die,when his flesh died,as all of us
will be raised as souls,but for jesus the body is alive as well as soul,so he is dead
in Jesus and why you confirm that he is dead,whereas you confirm that he is still
alive as body and soul,is it logic

Mehr Licht

Ave Sophia
Yes. It's not my job to judge my fellow man. I'm a sinner too how can I judge someone else? if God accepts a person lost in sin and suffering like a murderer or a thief than that's a wonderful thing in my eyes. I'm not a big fan of seeing people suffer.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So i understand that Jesus after 3 days is alive flesh and soul,so where is the sacrifice,
the body is perfect and he is raised up to god as flesh and soul,so what
kind of sacrifice,we can say that the person die,when his flesh died,as all of us
will be raised as souls,but for jesus the body is alive as well as soul,so he is dead
in Jesus and why you confirm that he is dead,whereas you confirm that he is still
alive as body and soul,is it logic

Gods word tells us that Jesus was raised, not in the flesh as a man again, but as a spirit.
1Peter 3:18 Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous [person] for unrighteous ones, that he might lead YOU to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit

1Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in [the] world, was received up in glory.’

Ephesians 1:19'...It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his (Gods) strength, 20 with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places

Jesus died in the flesh...he gave up his perfect human body and when God raised him to life, it wasnt in the same human body. No, God raised Jesus in the body of a spirit. He was no longer a man of flesh...rather he was raised in the glory of a spirit person and was received into heaven to sit 'at Gods right hand in the heavenly places"

The scriptures say that 'flesh and blood' cannot enter heaven. So Jesus could not have been raised to human life. He was raised in the life of a spirit which can enter heaven and the scriptures also say that Jesus was the 'first' man ever to enter heaven.

Colossians 1: 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things;

John 3:13 Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Gods word tells us that Jesus was raised, not in the flesh as a man again, but as a spirit.
1Peter 3:18 Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous [person] for unrighteous ones, that he might lead YOU to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit

1Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in [the] world, was received up in glory.’

Ephesians 1:19'...It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his (Gods) strength, 20 with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places

Jesus died in the flesh...he gave up his perfect human body and when God raised him to life, it wasnt in the same human body. No, God raised Jesus in the body of a spirit. He was no longer a man of flesh...rather he was raised in the glory of a spirit person and was received into heaven to sit 'at Gods right hand in the heavenly places"

The scriptures say that 'flesh and blood' cannot enter heaven. So Jesus could not have been raised to human life. He was raised in the life of a spirit which can enter heaven and the scriptures also say that Jesus was the 'first' man ever to enter heaven.

Colossians 1: 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things;

John 3:13 Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.

9And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him

If he was dead as flesh,then how they took hold of his feet,do spirits got feet also

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
9And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him

If he was dead as flesh,then how they took hold of his feet,do spirits got feet also

the angles of God (who are also spirits) can materialize human bodies.

If you are muslim, does not the Quran state that Mohammad was handed the Quran by the angel Gabriel? Did Gabriel have 'hands' in order to hand him a scroll? Im sure he must have.

But failing that, Abraham was visited by 3 Angels. They came to him in the form of humans...they sat down with Abraham by a fire and Abraham cooked them a meal....the 3 Angels ate the meal. This shows that Angles can materialize into bodies of flesh. See Genesis chapter 18.

When the angles went to the cities of Sodom, They were again in the body of flesh...they took hold of the hands of Lot and his family and ran with them outside the city.
Genesis 19:1 Now the two angels arrived at Sod′om by evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sod′om. When Lot caught sight of them, then he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the earth. 2 And he proceeded to say: “Please, now, my lords, turn aside, please, into the house of YOUR servant and stay overnight and have YOUR feet washed

So again Angels can put on a fleshly body when they need to. That is what Jesus did when he appeared to his disciples...and in one account, Jesus appeared to them in a 'locked room'., He didnt knock on the door to come in, he just appeared from thin air.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
the angles of God (who are also spirits) can materialize human bodies.

If you are muslim, does not the Quran state that Mohammad was handed the Quran by the angel Gabriel? Did Gabriel have 'hands' in order to hand him a scroll? Im sure he must have.

But failing that, Abraham was visited by 3 Angels. They came to him in the form of humans...they sat down with Abraham by a fire and Abraham cooked them a meal....the 3 Angels ate the meal. This shows that Angles can materialize into bodies of flesh. See Genesis chapter 18.

When the angles went to the cities of Sodom, They were again in the body of flesh...they took hold of the hands of Lot and his family and ran with them outside the city.
Genesis 19:1 Now the two angels arrived at Sod′om by evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sod′om. When Lot caught sight of them, then he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the earth. 2 And he proceeded to say: “Please, now, my lords, turn aside, please, into the house of YOUR servant and stay overnight and have YOUR feet washed

So again Angels can put on a fleshly body when they need to. That is what Jesus did when he appeared to his disciples...and in one account, Jesus appeared to them in a 'locked room'., He didnt knock on the door to come in, he just appeared from thin air.

You are making guesses here.

where it is stated that it was the feet of an angel and not the feet of Jesus,
the verse is very clear and needs no guesses

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You are making guesses here.

where it is stated that it was the feet of an angel and not the feet of Jesus,
the verse is very clear and needs no guesses

a spirit is an angel, an angel is a spirit

they are the same thing. Jesus, as a spirit, could do exactly the same thing that other spirits could do....he could materialize into a body of flesh.
That is what he did just as the angles/spirits did when they sat down and ate a meal with Abraham.

Manss

It was God's ultimate gift of love to His children, through mercy, cleansing the world of sin, through the single sacrifice. Those who repent can be cleansed, through His blood and reconciled to God.

But don't forget murderer kills innocent people , who is responsible against that peoples' bloods in doomsday ?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
a spirit is an angel, an angel is a spirit

they are the same thing. Jesus, as a spirit, could do exactly the same thing that other spirits could do....he could materialize into a body of flesh.
That is what he did just as the angles/spirits did when they sat down and ate a meal with Abraham.

But at that time the tomb was empty and the angel informed that jesus is not in
the tomb and that he was raised,which means without doubt that he is alive as
flesh and spirit,and not a materialized spirit as you guess.

also where we can see in the bible that Jesus was a materialized spirit at the time of resurrection or it was difficult to mention such fact instead of making guesses.

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' " Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

fishy

Apparently this would be the status quo, since no man could possibly achieve heaven BEFORE Jesus' sacrifice, according to your beliefs this is a statement of fact. But after Jesus' sacrifice man could enter heaven, so the paradigm was changed by Jesus as you believe. You just misinterpret that one line regarding the staus quo at the time it was spoken.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But at that time the tomb was empty and the angel informed that jesus is not in
the tomb and that he was raised,which means without doubt that he is alive as
flesh and spirit,and not a materialized spirit as you guess.

that is not what the scriptures say. The scriptures tell us that Jesus body was not allowed to see 'corruption'. It means that the fleshly body that Jesus was born in and died in was disposed of by God rather then permitted to rot in the ground.
The apostles of Christ spoke about this:
Acts 2:25 For David says respecting him (the Messiah), ‘I had Jehovah constantly before my eyes; because he is at my right hand that I may never be shaken. ... 27 because you will not leave my soul in Ha′des, neither will you allow your loyal one to see corruption
Peter is quoting from the Psalms and they applied it to Jesus body:
Psalms 16:10 For you will not leave my soul in She′ol (Hell/Grave).
You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit
/corruption

The corruption is what a dead body experiences as it decays...the flesh sees corruption meaning the flesh rots away. But in Jesus case, his body was removed by God before corruption/decay could set in. This also happened to Moses body. When Moses died, he wasnt buried by his family but by God himself and the Isrealites never saw the body again and they did not even know the location of Moses grave:
Deuteronomy 34:5 After that Moses the servant of Jehovah died there in the land of Mo′ab at the order of Jehovah. 6 And he proceeded to bury him in the valley in the land of Mo′ab in front of Beth-pe′or, and nobody has come to know his grave down to this day

also where we can see in the bible that Jesus was a materialized spirit at the time of resurrection or it was difficult to mention such fact instead of making guesses.

Ephesians 1:20 '...in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places

compare the above verse about Jesus going into heaven with:
1Corinthians 15:50 However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption.
A person of flesh as we are cannot go into heaven as we are. Our body must be changed as Paul next goes onto say:
51 Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality

Notice how Paul says "the DEAD shall be RAISED UP' ... why do we have to die to get into heaven? Because humans of flesh cannot go into heaven...only spirits can. And that is what Christians believe about Jesus...that he was raised up as an immortal spirit person as Peter testified:
1Peter 3:18 '...he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit and that is the only way that Jesus was able to enter heaven and sit at Gods right hand.

"You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' " Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

the account merely relates that Christ had 'risen'... it doesnt specify in what form he had risen so there is nothing contradictory about the apostles teaching that he had been resurrected as a spirit.

Further accounts from the gospels relate how his apostles did not recognize Jesus after he had risen and that he was able to appear and dissapear into thin air:
Luke 24:15 Now as they were conversing and discussing, Jesus himself approached and began walking with them; 16 but their eyes were kept from recognizing him. 17 He said to them: “What are these matters that YOU are debating between yourselves as YOU walk along?” And they stood still with sad faces. 18 In answer the one named Cle′o·pas said to him: “Are you dwelling as an alien by yourself in Jerusalem and so do not know the things that have occurred in her in these days?” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·rene′, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people; 20 and how our chief priests and rulers handed him over to the sentence of death and impaled him....
28 Finally they got close to the village where they were journeying, and he made as if he was journeying on farther. 29 But they used pressure upon him, saying: “Stay with us, because it is toward evening and the day has already declined.” With that he went in to stay with them. 30 And as he was reclining with them at the meal he took the loaf, blessed it, broke it and began to hand it to them. 31 At that their eyes were fully opened and they recognized him; and he disappeared from them.

John 20:19 Therefore, when it was late on that day, the first of the week, and, although the doors were locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them: “May YOU have peace.”

In the first account, two of Jesus close associates spend a whole day with Jesus and didnt recognize it was him until Jesus broke the bread in such a familiar way that they instantly recognized that it was Jesus...then he disappears into thin air.
He could only disappear because he was a spirit, and they could only not have recognized him by his physical appearance if his appearance was different. It was different to them because the body Jesus was in was a materialized body...not the same body in which he died.