• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this logical and acceptable ...... ?

connermt

I am finished debating with you. Have a very nice day and week.

<Sigh>:facepalm:
I was trying to explain it:
You can eat the eggs without a fork but you can't eat scrambled eggs WITHOUT THE EGG.
The egg is the sacrifice.
So no matter how much praying one does(the fork), without the sacrifice (or egg - that you said you believe in, which I wasn't questioning) all the praying in the world would be for not.
You need the sacrifice
That's where I was going. I wasn't questioning rather or not it's valid or you do or don't or should or shouldn't believe in it.
That's a different topic altogether.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
No sorry, different question. My question was HOW MANY HAVE GONE TO HEAVEN? Since the statement.

I can tell you the exact number that will go to heaven. You are probably wondering how anyone could know that with certainty and the answer is that the number is provided for us in the scriptures.

So if you want to know how many have gone to heaven, you need only read your bible.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
<Sigh>:facepalm:
I was trying to explain it:
You can eat the eggs without a fork but you can't eat scrambled eggs WITHOUT THE EGG.
The egg is the sacrifice.
So no matter how much praying one does(the fork), without the sacrifice (or egg - that you said you believe in, which I wasn't questioning) all the praying in the world would be for not.
You need the sacrifice
That's where I was going. I wasn't questioning rather or not it's valid or you do or don't or should or shouldn't believe in it.
That's a different topic altogether.

If I got what you were saying wrong, I apologize. Suffice it to say that I believe that we need the sacrifice and you don't believe that we would need it if there wasn't any reason. I really don't understand what you are saying, however, if that isn't it. The egg example didn't make sense to me at all. I mean you wouldn't have scrambled eggs without any eggs, but then nothing is scrambled at all and if there is nothing then nothing would be said and we wouldn't discuss nothing (Or maybe we would, I have discussed nothing pretty well in my time, ha-ha).

The sacrifice is implied by scriptures. If one doesn't believe in the scriptures then he or she isn't going to believe in the sacrifice for any reason. As I keep saying, I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't believe in scriptures to accept anything that they say- no matter what religion the scriptures come from (A lot of different religions have different scriptures, and I see a resemblance in them, although they are not totally alike).

connermt

If I got what you were saying wrong, I apologize. Suffice it to say that I believe that we need the sacrifice and you don't believe that we would need it if there wasn't any reason. I really don't understand what you are saying, however, if that isn't it. The egg example didn't make sense to me at all. I mean you wouldn't have scrambled eggs without any eggs, but then nothing is scrambled at all and if there is nothing then nothing would be said and we wouldn't discuss nothing (Or maybe we would, I have discussed nothing pretty well in my time, ha-ha).

The sacrifice is implied by scriptures. If one doesn't believe in the scriptures then he or she isn't going to believe in the sacrifice for any reason. As I keep saying, I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't believe in scriptures to accept anything that they say- no matter what religion the scriptures come from (A lot of different religions have different scriptures, and I see a resemblance in them, although they are not totally alike).

Ignoring who believes what for a minute, would you agree or disagree that no matter how much a person prays to the christian god, they can't be saved without the christian god's sacrifce having happened?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Ignoring who believes what for a minute, would you agree or disagree that no matter how much a person prays to the christian god, they can't be saved without the christian god's sacrifice having happened?

People were saved even before Christ died, if you read the OT. None of those people written about in the OT were perfect by any means: King David committed adultery, Abraham told people that Sara was his sister but never said she was his wife, and yet these men were both saved. So I would say yes, it is possible so as long as you worship God. Jesus sacrifice was to eliminate more heavy requirements of repentance- such as the lamb sacrifice.

(and yes, this is my opinion- anything I write on these forums is my opinion, for future reference :) )

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus died to save the lambs. :D

I didn't really mean to say that. David didn't have a sacrifice when he was forgiven of adultery. He said to the prophet, Nathan "I have sinned against God" and Nathan said "The Lord forgives you". But the child that resulted died. I think maybe the penalty was lowered.

Edit: I meant lowered for us

waitasec

Veteran Member
I didn't really mean to say that. David didn't have a sacrifice when he was forgiven of adultery. He said to the prophet, Nathan "I have sinned against God" and Nathan said "The Lord forgives you". But the child that resulted died. I think maybe the penalty was lowered.

Edit: I meant lowered for us

i would say the child was the sacrifice.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
i would say the child was the sacrifice.

I don't know about that. Since I believe that God takes children and babies "home" when they die, then I don't see it that way. I guess I can understand why you do.

Edit: And a sacrifice would be a willing one.

connermt

I can't really answer that.

Which brings up yet another interesting question:
if the christian god is real, why not relate the answer to such a question to all its believers?
Why are some "gifted" with knowledge while others aren't?
Seems like the same god would want his followers to know the same principles and fundamentals, no?
Or why not?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I don't know about that. Since I believe that God takes children and babies "home" when they die, then I don't see it that way. I guess I can understand why you do.

being that the child suffered needlessly for a week i'd say god has a sick sense of atonement...

Edit: And a sacrifice would be a willing one.
tell that to all those animals that were bbq all for the purpose of filling gods nostrils with a sweet-smelling fragrance :sarcastic

waitasec

Veteran Member
Which brings up yet another interesting question:
if the christian god is real, why not relate the answer to such a question to all its believers?
Why are some "gifted" with knowledge while others aren't?
Seems like the same god would want his followers to know the same principles and fundamentals, no?
Or why not?

maybe some are just gifted with the talent of pulling BS out of their arses
while others are honest about what they know
:shrug:

Mehr Licht

Ave Sophia
It's possible that the sacrifice of Christ transcends the limitations of time and even those living before that event occurred in history were able to participate in it or benefit from it in some manner ?