• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there proof of a monotheistic God?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
God explicitly is an entity supposedly existing outside our human space. He's not living inside our realm. How can human collect evidence for an entity not inside our realm?

It can't. But by taking those premises, you are making your God entirely undetectable, and therefore its very existence is a matter of faith as opposed to evidence.

The unavoidable result is that whatever sense or need there may be in believing in God's existence becomes an entirely aesthetical choice.

That's a technical question. Now it all boils down to what do you mean by "evidence" in specific. Please compile a list first to see what can be considered as evidence, say, a video tape showing God, or God's DNA or what.

Now after you have a proposed list about what can be considered as evidence, than try to apply your list to a figure existed in our space first. Take Confucius (551 – 479 BC) as the first example, and please present your evidence that Confucius ever existed, or to reject his existence due to the lack of evidence.

Only after your definition and criteria used in addressing the existence of Confucius, then extend this as a standard to an entity outside our space......PLEASE!

Before this, discussions in this thread is completely unsubstantial!
Actually, your premise is that discussions about God as you conceive him must be unsubstantial.

We may pursue the tangent about Confucius if you want to, but it seems to be besides the point to me.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Your reply is unsubstantial as it can be!
No, that would be yours. I specifically addressed one of the points you made in your post. Why won't you respond to it?

Like I said. Confucius not only interacted with this world, he was in this world all the times. Now please show me the "measurable interaction" applicable to Confucius first, before we extend the same "measurable interaction" to God.

Can you do this first, before a further discussion?
Well, first of all Confucious, if he existed, would been a man. We know that men exist. There's no remarkable claim there.
Secondly, whether a specific person named Confucius ever did exist doesn't really matter all that much, because we know that somebody said and/or wrote down the things that were attributed to him. Whether it was a actually a guy named Joe Shmoe, or a group of people or whatever, the ideas that are attributed to Confucius were written by someone. There's no remarkable claim there either, because we know that human beings write things.
Thirdly, Confucious is not claimed to be an invisible, all-knowing, all-seeing God of some sort, whom we must worship and obey in order to gain entry into some afterlife. If he were, there would be a whole set of claims that would have to be demonstrated surrounding that.

What is a remarkable claim, is that there is some invisible deity that lives beyond our human space, that dictates morality to us, and decides what happens to us when we die. Furthermore, you claim such a God is undetectable and therefore can never be confirmed to exist. I'm saying that if this God has ever interacted with the physical world, as some holy texts seem to indicate, then those interactions should be measurable in some way, because the physical world is made up of measurable things.

So, I ask again, Does your God entity ever interact with the physical world? If so, then such an interaction should be measurable in some way.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Question: "Is there any conclusive proof of God?"
It is an evil pursuit, and these men in the video are involved in an evil practice. In my opinion they undermine faith in God and are faithless imposters. This is nothing new. It is an ancient and persistent problem, and I give Bible references to complaints about it and about the attempt to manipulate people through proofs, signs and arguments.
  • Matthew 16:4 "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign,..."
  • Judges 6:31 "Are you going to plead Baal’s cause? Are you trying to save him? Whoever fights for him shall be put to death by morning! If Baal really is a god, he can defend himself when someone breaks down his altar."
  • James 2:19-20 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?"
  • Micah 3:5 "This is what the LORD says: “As for the prophets who lead my people astray, they proclaim ‘peace’ if they have something to eat, but prepare to wage war against anyone who refuses to feed them."
  • Micah 3:11 "Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they look for the LORD’s support and say, “Is not the LORD among us? No disaster will come upon us.”
  • 2 Corinthians 10:6 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
  • James 3:15 "Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic."

To summarize this talking heads are performing evil and attempting to gain by persuading people to follow themselves.

Audie

Veteran Member
It is an evil pursuit, and these men in the video are involved in an evil practice. In my opinion they undermine faith in God and are faithless imposters. This is nothing new. It is an ancient and persistent problem, and I give Bible references to complaints about it and about the attempt to manipulate people through proofs, signs and arguments.
  • Matthew 16:4 "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign,..."
  • Judges 6:31 "Are you going to plead Baal’s cause? Are you trying to save him? Whoever fights for him shall be put to death by morning! If Baal really is a god, he can defend himself when someone breaks down his altar."
  • James 2:19-20 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?"
  • Micah 3:5 "This is what the LORD says: “As for the prophets who lead my people astray, they proclaim ‘peace’ if they have something to eat, but prepare to wage war against anyone who refuses to feed them."
  • Micah 3:11 "Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they look for the LORD’s support and say, “Is not the LORD among us? No disaster will come upon us.”
  • 2 Corinthians 10:6 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
  • James 3:15 "Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic."

To summarize this talking heads are performing evil and attempting to gain by persuading people to follow themselves.

Only if the Christian god is real.

Duke_Leto

Good, it is stupid to distract yourself when in charge of a couple of tons of lethal weapon

Fyi, and consider it crossed out ;-)
Women are better drivers than men, says new survey

Okay, as a man (and someone with functioning eyes!), I refuse to believe that women are better drivers, no matter what so-called “science” and “surveys” say. Anyway, this “survey” basically only says that men speed more, and that they drive at riskier times — Not that they crash more, and especially not that this “speeding” is actually dangerous (many parts of the US intentionally set speed limits too low so as to ticket more people). What the study does not account for is how men and women fare on the road during a normal time of day. Do men cut in front of people, drive obnoxiously slowly, and speed through red lights at the same incidence as women? I can tell you — no need for any confirmation from some dumb study — that they do NOT. And when you duly consider all facts and evidence, this is further proof of the essential betterness of men compared to women, and it indicates that you women really need to shapen up, stop arguing with us, and acknowledge that we’re always right. And that you need to get better at driving!

Monika0711

I
You can not imagine non-being from the perspective of the Eternal Now (God’s domain). You can stil muse about your past (before birth) or future (after you die) — but these are temporary, time based speculations — in which God can not be proved or disproved. That was my point :)

Speak for your own paucity of imagination.

I just think of all the unnoticed years before I was born.
Y

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Okay, as a man (and someone with functioning eyes!), I refuse to believe that women are better drivers, no matter what so-called “science” and “surveys” say. Anyway, this “survey” basically only says that men speed more, and that they drive at riskier times — Not that they crash more, and especially not that this “speeding” is actually dangerous (many parts of the US intentionally set speed limits too low so as to ticket more people). What the study does not account for is how men and women fare on the road during a normal time of day. Do men cut in front of people, drive obnoxiously slowly, and speed through red lights at the same incidence as women? I can tell you — no need for any confirmation from some dumb study — that they do NOT. And when you duly consider all facts and evidence, this is further proof of the essential betterness of men compared to women, and it indicates that you women really need to shapen up, stop arguing with us, and acknowledge that we’re always right. And that you need to get better at driving!

Then insurance companies, many of whom charge a lower premium to female drivers because they dont crash as much should re-evaluate the many years of statistics that show women to be better drivers... Is that right?

As for speeding,to date have never had a speeding ticket,i save my need for speed for the track where i have often exceeded 150 mph.

Duke_Leto

Then insurance companies, many of whom charge a lower premium to female drivers because they dont crash as much should re-evaluate the many years of statistics that show women to be better drivers... Is that right?

As for speeding,to date have never had a speeding ticket,i save my need for speed for the track where i have often exceeded 150 mph.

Pssh. ‘Statistics’! Are you suggesting years of data-collection and analysis trump my anecdotal observations? I don’t think so.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Pssh. ‘Statistics’! Are you suggesting years of data-collection and analysis trump my anecdotal observations? I don’t think so.

I absolutely think insurance companies will to make money trumps your anecdotal observation.

there is PROOF that the psychotic PARASITE VAMPIRES that invented the MONOTHEIST GOD CONSTRUCT are obsessed with assimilation for POWER and CONTROL....

The best of includes ...the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH psychopaths...who got started early using the MURDERED and MARTYRED Jesus hoax as a scapegoat for assimilation of the masses into dumbed down HYPNOTIZED sheeple drone slave assses...

The JEWS convinced Pontius Pilate (prefect of Jerusalem for ROME) under TIBERIUS RULE....to get rid of the fake self proclaimed MESSIAH....no way the JEWS were going to let some lowly Jewish boy undermine their power base with ROME

........Moses did it for the JEWS 1,500 years earlier with his burning bush and ten commandments GOD....the JEWS were to vested with MOSES....and the MONOTHEIST approach...prior the JEWS had many GODS and IDOLS to pray to....

So by the 3rd century AD... Emperor Constantine declares JESUS as the only VALID GOD ! really.....! what a JOKE....

WHY 300 years after JESUS MURDER ? because ROME was on its last legs..and needed to transition to a NEW POWER BASE....AHHhhhhh.....welcome the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ! Empire continues under the guise of a CHURCH facade !
....truly BRILLIANT....now ROME can conquer with HYPNOTIZED Jesus drone slaves to assimilate and destroy all who do not CONVERT ! brilliant....no need for a paid ARMY ! the Jesus believers will gladly MURDER and SACRIFICE everything to get into HEAVEN ! wow ! what a scam......

and the CHURCH went on a rampage of DEATH and DESTRUCTION to assimilate a new POWER BASE and reduce the JEWS and their GOD to irrelevant ! brilliant....Rome murders the Jesus Jewish fake Messiah then raises him to GOD status later on !

What a SLAP SLAP SLAP KICK in the JEW CROTCH move by ROME ! JESUS is GOD ! the only GOD !

then 300 years after Constantine those very ANGRY and RESENTFUL Arabs get a GOD of their OWN also...Muhammad
the Moses of the Arabs...meets GOD ? and voila ! ALLAH and ISLAM are formed !

Another SLAP and KICK in the JEW CROTCH with a MONOTHEIST Arab GOD ALLAH !

All 3 middle east GODS ? all spun from the monotheist JEW GOD construct....WOW what a JOKE these 3 GODS truly are

Taken right out of the Sumerian and egyptian story lines........

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It seems that @YeshuaBought has given up on the thread, but thinking about this more...

It's struck me before that trying to prove monotheism has all the problems proving theism as well as all the problems of proving hard atheism. When you think about it, proving monotheism would really come down to proving two separate claims:

- gods exist in general, AND
- no more than one god exists