• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Anyway to Stop the Great Deception

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Only need to think how much water every tree holds, then to replant forests in areas that used to have them, will lower the oceans. ;)
So, no science: only wishful thinking. Good job. Next you'll be telling us that growing more sponges will do the same thing. People who try to pass off faux science as being real are typically intellectually dishonest and even delusional. That actually fits with you obsessing over these made up conspiracies.

So human sacrifice is right according to you? o_O
Self sacrifice certainly is. Like all Christians, I've been called to be a living sacrifice and put the welfare of others ahead of my own. The problem with living sacrifices is that they keep crawling off the alter. Why don't you think it's good to put others ahead of yourself? Why emulate selfishness? I get that's part and parcel of the hate and intolerance you seem to be preaching, but it clearly goes against most religious teachings. Oh snap. I guess I answered my own question there. You're simply being consistent.

Do you believe that God is love or hate? I get that you're trying to be glib and not answer my questions directly, but this is a direct question worthy of a direct answer. Is God hateful and avenging or loving and forgiving in your eyes?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then when people (Jews, Muslims, Christians, Atheists, etc) have tried to understand Biblical prophecy, it is all upside down because of these 3.

Now it is possible to show how, and why they're wrong, which in doing would educate the people to seeing their true nature; yet as saying people are quite determined not to be wrong. :oops:
:innocent:
"These three" came AFTER some literal misinterpretations of scripture. I think their job which I believe they did very well is to get us to search for YHVH.
Tell me when this; "He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys." became that way. I am assuming it was BEFORE Jesus Christ. It is absolutely wrong and is misleading people. It was truly written imho but now it is very wrong. Not caring for righteousness is The Devil.

Scuba Pete

I'm not an Atheist in the purest sense, I cannot claim to possess the complete knowledge of reality enough so to deny outright the existence of any deities. I do however, acknowledge that if claims do not have evidence which can stand up to scientific scrutiny, then such claims can be dismissed until new evidence emerges.
So, you enjoin the ego-centric method of determining if evidence exists. There is a lot of evidence that is dismissed out of hand, only because you interpret it differently. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist but that you believe that your interpretation is the only plausible one. I see the sun is orange and that the sky is blue. Ergo, I can deduce that God is a Gator and definitely not a Dawg. That's not the only conclusion that can be arrived at using this evidence though. One could claim that God is a Broncos fan, which is heresy to me, or that the sun has red and the night is black so that he is in fact a Dawg fan. This last assertion would be considered a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, so hopefully no one is that deluded.

OK, so I used a bit of humor to demonstrate that different conclusions can be drawn from the same evidence. It's OK to believe differently from the next guy. No one has it %100 right and only a deluded individual would think so. There is no superiority in what you believe over anyone else. Just be true to yourself.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So, no science: only wishful thinking.
Erm.... If you're incapable of thinking how much water a tree holds. :rolleyes:
Do you believe that God is love or hate?
The God I saw in my NDE, existed in a dimension above unconditional love.....

The deity YHVH described in the Bible, has helped deceive a large part of mankind, by legal manipulation....Plus has allowed all sorts of evils...

Wouldn't go as far as saying YHVH is hate; yet clearly it hates unrighteousness, and will do almost anything to catch people out in their sins. :oops:
Self sacrifice certainly is.
Didn't ask about self sacrifice, and understand that all to well.... Yet was referring to human sacrifice, like murdering babies, prophets, virgin maidens, as atoning sacrifices? o_O
Not caring for righteousness is The Devil.
Yet as just putting, so is pleading righteousness so much, you cause people to break the law, just to prove they're unrighteous. :(

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2 Kings 2:24 teaches the World that the god is unrighteous, cruel, hateful, spiteful, destructive, baleful, dangerous, sinister, ..............................................

What if the prophet wrote that the bears divided the boys? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
E

Yet as just putting, so is pleading righteousness so much, you cause people to break the law, just to prove they're unrighteous. :(
It is my opinion that this statement is nonsense. Do you care to make some sense of it?

wizanda

Premium Member
2 Kings 2:24 teaches the World that the god is unrighteous, cruel, hateful, spiteful, destructive, baleful, dangerous, sinister, ..............................................
They're the qualities ascribed to YHVH (Lord of Mischief); not God. :innocent:
Do you care to make some sense of it?
YHVH has deceptively established the snare to catch out the nations, YHVH will put someone to death for not following its Laws, YHVH at numerous occasions shows that it hates unrighteousness....

Yet in the process of hating it, it has also made many unrighteous, just to prove a point; which i think is totally immorally wrong, and is thus not the same God I know from Heaven. :innocent:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They're the qualities ascribed to YHVH (Lord of Mischief); not God. :innocent:

YHVH has deceptively established the snare to catch out the nations, YHVH will put someone to death for not following its Laws, YHVH at numerous occasions shows that it hates unrighteousness....

Yet in the process of hating it, it has also made many unrighteous, just to prove a point; which i think is totally immorally wrong, and is thus not the same God I know from Heaven. :innocent:
OR "hovah" http://biblehub.com/hebrew/1943.htm might mean that if the people of Earth can't/won't find the righteous way then disaster will strike the land. Jehovah the God of Abraham is God who knows the way OUT of disaster. IMHO

Jehovah: Lord Who Knows Disaster. NOT Jehovah: lord who IS disaster. OK. Get a grip.

wizanda

Premium Member
You called yourself an ascended master.
What am i to say to that?
You could carry on with the debate; yet don't need to go on about my salvation, lack of spiritual understanding, etc...

The context of the OP is about the deception prophesied by the Bible; I'm just helping identify it for people, not trying to judge people. :heart:
the God of Abraham is...
EL according to the text; YHVH was superimposed later.
might mean that if the people of Earth can't/won't find the righteous way then disaster will strike the land.
YHVH established the adulterous snare, and only those wise enough will even notice it is a trap; then to destroy the people for not comprehending, what they've been told is the right way to go, is far from righteous.

So Lord of Mischief/Disaster fits well, and respect to YHVH for what he has established; as a servant of the most high it is very well put together, yet i still don't think it is fair.... :innocent:

allfoak

Alchemist
You could carry on with the debate; yet don't need to go on about my salvation, lack of spiritual understanding, etc...

The context of the OP is about the deception prophesied by the Bible; I'm just helping identify it for people, not trying to judge people. :heart:

Debate?
With a master?
Somehow i get the feeling that you don't believe your own words.
There is no debating someone who has abandoned sound reasoning.

wizanda

Premium Member
There is no debating someone who has abandoned sound reasoning.
Very true, yet i try with Christians all day; it doesn't stop someone trying to put the point across tho. ;)
Debate?
With a master?
Well fair enough, it does imply you won't win.... Yet then if you're wise, you will learn from the discussion instead. :innocent:
Somehow i get the feeling that you don't believe your own words.
Agreed, i find it so hard to believe that the whole world has been deceived, as a 5/6 year old, i thought it was a joke when God said; yet knew at 25 years old I'd go over it, and be doing this one day....

Which clearly i still find unbelievable in this skeptical world, which is why i try to only deal with the facts, and forget the beliefs, as they often lead to confusion. :heart:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@wizanda I hear you say that the prophets wrote about the god of mischief. Pray tell, why for goodness sakes?
It has occurred to me that you have defamed them all. Also, you insult all the Jews imo.

wizanda

Premium Member
It never leads to a good outcome.
It never leads to a good outcome if it is someones Ego talking; yet if I'm actually telling the truth, and you've seen the way i conduct myself on the forum, etc....Then clearly it might be educational. :heart:
I hear you say that the prophets wrote about the god of mischief. Pray tell, why for goodness sakes?
Because that is what was given them to relay; why I've got the up most respect for all of them...

Also times have evolved, people responded well to violent gods in the past.
Also, you insult all the Jews imo.
I've not insulted YHVH, or his people.... Just defining what they're following, and have established. :innocent:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It never leads to a good outcome if it is someones Ego talking; yet if I'm actually telling the truth, and you've seen the way i conduct myself on the forum, etc....Then clearly it might be educational. :heart:

Because that is what was given them to relay; why I've got the up most respect for all of them...

Also times have evolved, people responded well to violent gods in the past.

I've not insulted YHVH, or his people.... Just defining what they're following, and have established. :innocent:
If you are wrong then you have insulted them. So you think you can't be wrong? I think that only GOD can think that.

allfoak

Alchemist
It never leads to a good outcome if it is someones Ego talking; yet if I'm actually telling the truth, and you've seen the way i conduct myself on the forum, etc....Then clearly it might be educational.

I know the truth when i hear it.
Your conduct with me has not been inviting.
My advice remains.

Judge yourself.

wizanda

Premium Member
So you think you can't be wrong? I think that only GOD can think that.
Not said that in the slightest, I'm only human, and make loads of mistakes.... Yet within the text it is quite clear, and can show the maths, to see the results. ;)
If you are wrong then you have insulted them.
Loads of people recognize YHVH as being the demiurge, its not an insult, it just is what it is.... YHVH tries to make people righteous through strict reinforcement. :innocent:
I know the truth when i hear it.
Well if you're arguing against the contradictions to begin, and know where to go in a world full of delusion, good luck. :)

Scuba Pete

Erm.... If you're incapable of thinking how much water a tree holds. :rolleyes:
So, still no science. compared to what? How much water a cow holds? You want to swap trees for cows? If you would stop murdering all the plants the oceans would go down. But history disproves your claim. Some of the densest forests occurred during the Jurassic. The water levels were about 150 ft higher than today. Water levels are determined more by temperature than anything. It was so warm that there was no free ice back then. Junk science is just that. It proves nothing but that you're too lazy to do the research.

The God I saw in my NDE, existed in a dimension above unconditional love.....
So, you're basing your idea of God on a hallucination??? Not the best move.

The deity YHVH described in the Bible, has helped deceive a large part of mankind, by legal manipulation....Plus has allowed all sorts of evils...
Man has always used religion and politics to justify all sorts of evil. I can say you told me to kill all the whales in the world, but that doesn't make it true. You just don't get this, do you?

Wouldn't go as far as saying YHVH is hate; yet clearly it hates unrighteousness, and will do almost anything to catch people out in their sins. :oops:
Your hallucination was more like a nightmare then. Too bad. You should have asked for more drugs.

Didn't ask about self sacrifice, and understand that all to well.... Yet was referring to human sacrifice, like murdering babies, prophets, virgin maidens, as atoning sacrifices? o_O
But Christianity is all about self sacrifice. "No greater love has any man, but that he lay down his life for his brothers..." But you don't grok love. Ergo, you can't grok self sacrifice and you certainly can't grok God. "Nuff said right there.

Last edited: