• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any other religions than Christianity require believing in Jesus to be a follower?

Riders

UNity requires a belief in but not that the belief is he is God. Hes not God but the Messiah Christ prophet.I may start going to Unity, its a good church. They believe where the bible mentions the deity of Christ its really talking about the inner Godself.

Where it says Jesus is the SOn of God is my father, were all children of God, I'm a daughter of God.

meghanwaterlillies

Hello.

As per the title, and by follower I mean a member of that religion. For example, Islam requires believing in Jesus to be a Muslim.

How about Judaism or maybe Bahaii?
WELL I have a question, whatever ? What if we had it filled up or turned upside down on us.
What if they invoted or invited everyone into the marriage festival of the "lamb" (this I didn't like as much because given it partial; again non and in human traits, not only that but they talk about sacrifice of animals but they proposed that Jesus was an animal, and was like yeah do it; voted in as that DIE DIE DIE) Anyways so everyone backs this idea their support of it but what if the only one who wasn't invited actually, was Jesus.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
WELL I have a question, whatever ? What if we had it filled up or turned upside down on us.
What if they invoted or invited everyone into the marriage festival of the "lamb" (this I didn't like as much because given it partial; again non and in human traits, not only that but they talk about sacrifice of animals but they proposed that Jesus was an animal, and was like yeah do it; voted in as that DIE DIE DIE) Anyways so everyone backs this idea their support of it but what if the only one who wasn't invited actually, was Jesus.

Hello, ma'am :)

Please forgive my ignorance... but I don't understand what you're saying.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Ditto!

What if Jesus was God and the crazy part is that reacting of prophets seems to mean people wouldn't except him.

My apologies... English is not my mother tongue. I'm having difficulty understanding you.

The topic is about believing in Jesus regardless to what his nature is, if this helps.

Deidre

Not sure if it was named because I didn't read through lol but Messianic Judaism, is a faith that supports both Judaism and believing that Jesus was the Messiah. I always thought that was pretty cool, actually. :)

Didachist

If we're talking about El-Mesiah ben (son of) Mariam the human the prophet who is born without a father who wasn't crucified, died, resurrected, who is not Son of God, who is not God, Who is not member in Trinity, then we believe in him and we'll not be a Muslim if we didn't believe in El-Messiah and all other prophets like Ibrahim, Isaac, Mosa,,,,

If we're talking about Jesus-Christ who is Son of God or God or member in Trinity, who was crucified, died, resurrected, then we don;t believe in him. If someone believes in him, he's not a Muslim

You should have this discussion with a group of muslims called the ismaili shia, as they believe in the crucifixion, the atonement and perhaps even as son of God as manifestation of him in flesh.

Limo

You should have this discussion with a group of muslims called the ismaili shia, as they believe in the crucifixion, the atonement and perhaps even as son of God as manifestation of him in flesh.
Any one pertain Islam who says something contradicts with Quran, He isn't considered a real Muslim.
El-Messiah was neither killed nor crucified as it's said in Quran, It's said clearly by prophet Mohamed, It's the native belief of Muslims.

Kirran

Premium Member
Look into Muslim groups like the Alawites as well - they have a trinitarian understanding of God, with each of the three aspects or personalities or whatever incarnating in cycles - in the most recent set of incarnations the three parts of God descended to Earth in the forms of Muhammad, Ali and Salman the Persian. The three aspects are the Essence and two lower aspects called the Name/Veil and the Gate. Ali was the Essence, Muhammad the Name and Salman the Gate.

Their practices include, or have included, the consecration of wine in a Mass open to males only and the use only of shrines as religious places. Since Sunnification, they've been publicly appearing more Sunni but their beliefs have long been hidden anyway so I don't know how much difference it makes. Although they make use of Sunni-style mosques much more now, I guess.

Also, they believe women don't have souls!

I was kinda spinning off what someone else had said about Muslims and their variation to write this, but to bring it back in, they do celebrate Christmas as one of their religious festivals, as well as some feast days of Christian saints.

Last edited:

Limo

Look into Muslim groups like the Alawites as well - they have a trinitarian understanding of God, with each of the three aspects or personalities or whatever incarnating in cycles - in the most recent set of incarnations the three parts of God descended to Earth in the forms of Muhammad, Ali and Salman the Persian. The three aspects are the Essence and two lower aspects called the Name/Veil and the Gate. Ali was the Essence, Muhammad the Name and Salman the Gate.

Their practices include, or have included, the consecration of wine in a Mass open to males only and the use only of shrines as religious places. Since Sunnification, they've been publicly appearing more Sunni but their beliefs have long been hidden anyway so I don't know how much difference it makes. Although they make use of Sunni-style mosques much more now, I guess.

Also, they believe women don't have souls!

I was kinda spinning off what someone else had said about Muslims and their variation to write this, but to bring it back in, they do celebrate Christmas as one of their religious festivals, as well as some feast days of Christian saints.

Alawites are not Muslims

Kirran

Premium Member
Alawites are not Muslims

They'll disagree with you on that one. They identify as Muslims, that's good enough for me.

I've met evangelical Christians who say Jehovah's Witnesses aren't Christians, same for Mormons often enough, and there are Muslims denying Ahmadis are Muslims, Hindus denying ISKCONites are Hindus, whatever. This is not uncommon in religions.

Limo

They'll disagree with you on that one. They identify as Muslims, that's good enough for me.

I've met evangelical Christians who say Jehovah's Witnesses aren't Christians, same for Mormons often enough, and there are Muslims denying Ahmadis are Muslims, Hindus denying ISKCONites are Hindus, whatever. This is not uncommon in religions.
As you wish