• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a war on Christianity in America's Left?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
God selects who runs the government. From Romans chapter 13:
So, God selected Hitler and Stalin, each of which had millions of innocent people killed?

Paul had a Greek education, and that involved the extensive use of dichotomy (i.e. either/or), so one should take that into account. Basically, he's saying that authority is important to have, but blind authority to a secular leader was prohibited by Jesus ("render unto Caesar..."), and I'm quite sure that Paul would recognize that.

When the Communists governed Albania, all religion was outlawed, so if you lived there at that time would you "obey all authority" (secular in this case)?

Spartan

Look at the upper right-hand corner of my posts where it says "Religion", and that should speak for itself.

No, it doesn't. Liberal "Christians" have been known to have all kinds of heretical beliefs, from denying the deity of Jesus Christ and the Trinity to approving what God has condemned (gay sex, etc.) to denying the traditional authorship of the Gospels and on and on.

So answer the question you have dodged: Who do you say Jesus is? Is he the eternal and divine God of the Trinity (i.e. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)? Just saying he is the Son of God isn't enough, since the Jehovah's Witnesses say Jesus was first an archangel.

Also, was Jesus resurrected from the dead days after the crucifixion?

Last edited:

Spartan

So, God selected Hitler and Stalin, each of which had millions of innocent people killed?

Paul had a Greek education, and that involved the extensive use of dichotomy (i.e. either/or), so one should take that into account. Basically, he's saying that authority is important to have, but blind authority to a secular leader was prohibited by Jesus ("render unto Caesar..."), and I'm quite sure that Paul would recognize that.

When the Communists governed Albania, all religion was outlawed, so if you lived there at that time would you "obey all authority" (secular in this case)?

Hey - if you want to diss the Bible and Romans 13 then go for it.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Given that it tends to be members of the hard right who walk into places of worship to shoot a bunch of congregants in the US, if anyone was waging war on religion, maybe worry about them first?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
In your dreams. I suppose you'd rather have that corrupt gas bag Crooked Hillary in the Oval Office? LOL.
In my dreams what?

And yes, awful as I think Hillary is, I suspect she'd be better than Trump, but then, so would most people. What's that got to do with anything I said?

Spartan

Both American and international law say that this is not necessarily true when there are those seeking asylum. Therefore, they have the right of having a legal hearing with representation if caught.

Also, I would suggest that people are more important than man-made law, so our main concern should be, imo, to try and help those in need as best we can. However, I certainly am not in favor of "open borders".

I should also hope you're not in favor of those who are breaking into the U.S. and who aren't seeking asylum, which include drug runner, terrorists, etc.

Spartan

Ah, so you attack other people for not answering questions, then duck and weave yourself. Understood. If you're not interested in a good faith discussion, I'll leave you to it.

I answered your question above. Some illegal acts are evil and some are not up to that level.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I should also hope you're not in favor of those who are breaking into the U.S. and who aren't seeking asylum, which include drug runner, terrorists, etc.
Which is why I posted that I am not for open borders.

Spartan

Oh, I promise you I've done my research. That's how I know A. Most terrorists active in the US are domestic, and B. International terrorists enter the country legally.

Mote well: terrorist and terrorist associate are not the same thing.

The link I provided indicated terrorists were apprehended at the border instead of having entered legally.

We also don't know whether or how many terrorists have breached our borders illegally. Perhaps we'll find out the hard way.