• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Mind really a spirit?

footprints

No sir, you are the one that is thinking irrationally. 40hz electrical signal produced by an ion pump where by conduction is though an axon and even with the hops over the Nodes of Ranvier couldn't be transmitted through space electromagnetically. Oh but I forgot your physics is beyond what physicist know today. Do a little research about what would be the minimum frequency for an electromagentic wave to travel through space.

LOL your irrationality continues, as you try to justify an irrational and illogical position.

The human brain operates within a range of 13 to 60 pulses per second in the hertz scale to 0.1 to 4 cycles per second. From Beta to Delta.

So you are trying to logical tell me, that if I had a transmitter capable of only transmitting a signal at 40hz (power level not acknowledged), and somebody else had a receiver capable of receiving a signal of 40hz, albeit 100 times more powerful than the transmitter, the system would only operate based on the lower rated apparatus, operating condition. That once the larger receiver/transmitter got out of range of the smaller rated transmitter/receiver, the system would no longer work?

By the way, what is light?

Last edited:

Beyondo

LOL your irrationality continues, as you try to justify an irrational and illogical position.

The human brain operates within a range of 13 to 60 pulses per second in the hertz scale to 0.1 to 4 cycles per second. From Beta to Delta.

So you are trying to logical tell me, that if I had a transmitter capable of only transmitting a signal at 40hz (power level not acknowledged), and somebody else had a receiver capable of receiving a signal of 40hz, albeit 100 times more powerful than the transmitter, the system would only operate based on the lower rated apparatus, operating condition. That once the larger receiver/transmitter got out of range of the smaller rated transmitter/receiver, the system would no longer work?

By the way, what is light?

What you just described could not transmit electromagenetic energy through space. That you not understand that is laughable. :yes:

footprints

What you just described could not transmit electromagenetic energy through space. That you not understand that is laughable. :yes:

What have I just described? I have described a small and a large transmitter and reciever. Are you now trying to tell me radio transmitters do not transmit through space?

First of all you try and tell me, that a small and large transmitter and receiver is limited to the extent of the smaller unit. Now you are trying to tell me, radio signals cannot be transmitted or received to and from space. I am learning quite a lot from you.

Beyondo

What have I just described? I have described a small and a large transmitter and reciever. Are you now trying to tell me radio transmitters do not transmit through space?

First of all you try and tell me, that a small and large transmitter and receiver is limited to the extent of the smaller unit. Now you are trying to tell me, radio signals cannot be transmitted or received to and from space. I am learning quite a lot from you.

Ugh! 40 hz is not a radio frequency. Radio frequencies, that is elecromagnetic radiation that can travel through space, starts at 3KHz and tops out at about 300GHz. :facepalm:

footprints

Ugh! 40 hz is not a radio frequency. Radio frequencies, that is elecromagnetic radiation that can travel through space, starts at 3KHz and tops out at about 300GHz. :facepalm:

So now you are trying to tell me we do not have the technology available to change frequencies. I really am learning a lot from you.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

Sorry, I only saw this now.

Again, this is my belief and I in no way intend to push it onto anybody. I believe that consciousness is the Self. I believe that everything in existence is made of consciousness. Consciousness refers to the perceiver, the individual. In a spiritual context, the term does not refer to a state of being.

Beyondo

So now you are trying to tell me we do not have the technology available to change frequencies. I really am learning a lot from you.

Yet you said:

Basically speaking, the human brain is a virtual transmitter and receiver. Providing something is on the same wavelength and frequency, the human brain would be capable of translating it. On the same premise, if it were possible to interconnect one brain to another, thoughts from one brain could be interpreted by the other. All brains work and function in the same way, and the signals from each are identical.

During motor vehicle accidents, some very strange phenomena is alleged to occur. This relates to, the whole immediate world of the victim(s) slowing down to a slow motion state, to many people declaring, that they saw the whole accident occuring before it actually happened. Many others have testified, they could litterally see the other vehicle, see the occupants of the other vehicle, some even knew what they were talking about, when it was totally impossible from their position on the road, to see the vehicle at all.

I don't know of any device on aboard a car, truck, plane or person that has been commercially available to transmit brain waves to another person nor any devices that can transmit brain waves that can see the future...:rolleyes:

So obviously you aren't talking about enhancing the brain with technology but are describing an ability the brain has naturally. :facepalm:

Walkntune

So obviously you aren't talking about enhancing the brain with technology but are describing an ability the brain has naturally.
I believe the brain changes frequency as thoughts change between positive and negative thinking.
I also believe music is very powerful in capturing brain frequency and getting on the same frequency.From this we know the brain receives outside frequencies and is affected. Your brain will pulsate with the music.It calms the wild beast!

Last edited:

footprints

Yet you said:

I don't know of any device on aboard a car, truck, plane or person that has been commercially available to transmit brain waves to another person nor any devices that can transmit brain waves that can see the future...:rolleyes:

Yeah but that is you, you aren't supposed to, it isn't your profession. I would suggest you leave that up to professional people to explain it to you when we have the knowledge to do so. As for the moment, like I said, it is still under investigation.

So obviously you aren't talking about enhancing the brain with technology but are describing an ability the brain has naturally. :facepalm:

We still have much to learn about the human brain and what it is capable of. Too bad you do not understand that. Then again, you aren't supposed to know.

But hey, thanks for your help so far, I have really learned a lot from you, the things we do which you say we can't do, the things we have but you say we can't have. It really does make the mind boggle.

footprints

I believe the brain changes frequency as thoughts change between positive and negative thinking.
I also believe music is very powerful in capturing brain frequency and getting on the same frequency. Your brain will pulsate with the music.It calms the wild beast!

And you would be absolutely right in that thinking, it changes from Beta waves 13 to 60 cycles per second in the negative, to Alpha waves, 7 to 13 cycles per second during positive or more relaxed thinking.

Your relationship with music isn't unfounded either.

S-word

I've gone and done a really juvenile thing. I bought a coloring book and I colored all the tracings in it! Only this coloring book depicts the anatomy of the human brain... So what right? Well...there was an eerie sense of mechanism when I saw how fiber connections flared out like those fiber optic lamps that are sold on Amazon, and the interconnecting fibers between lobes looked like ribbon cables! Then when covering the development of the brain the neurons move about like amoebas! All this mechanization and I couldn't find the mind!

Some call the mind a gestalt which makes all that mechanization a sum of the parts that end up as the whole. But what does that mean? If I look at a computer program and see its code I can sequence what a machine will do. Now the parts of this machine are clueless as to what programming code is. The machine in fact doesn't really do math or searches. The machine's components just exchange electrons, switches turning on and off. So where's my code in this machine? Yet the machine ends up creating a gestalt called my application. Its as if my program where some kind of spirit or ghost inside my desktop, its not physical at all!

I like to think of the gestalt of anything as a theme of a machine's mechanics. The theme of a program isn't physical, no really its not. Just try and find it in a code listing it won't be there. But yet this theme can interact with the physical world. Is it a great leap to think of the human mind as the theme resulting from biological operations? And if so, then wouldn't that make the mind non-physical? :confused:

Here you are, I just googled this up for you. "There has been extensive research on the presence of mind in our bodies, that suggests that the neuropeptides, chemical substances that form the communication network of our emotions, are present not just in the brain, but everywhere in the body. As Dr. Cadence Pert, chief of brain biochemistry at the National Institute of Mental Health in the US writes, “These findings go beyond the often mentioned concept of power of mind over body. Indeed, the more we know about neuropeptides, the harder it is to think in the traditional terms of a mind and a body. It makes more and more sense of a single integrated entity, a body-mind.
So, while the brain remains the primary analyser, our mind is not located there and is more like an information field spread across the body."

The mind is spirit. Immediately after the Big Bang, the primitive universe was nothing but liquid like electromagnetic energy which was in the billion and billions of degrees. As the universal temperature began to cool, the quantum of that liquid-like electromagnetic energy, which is believed to be wave particles which in reality, are not particles at all, as they have zero mass, no electric charge and yet carry angular and linear momentum, which is the animating principle that becomes all that was, is, and ever will be.

All visible matter is but invisible wave particles. What is a rock? Except a gathering of molecules that you perceive as that rock. But what is a molecule? It is no more than a gathering of atoms which are but sub-atomic particles that you perceive as atoms, which sub-atomic particles are simply a gathering together of wave particles, each occupying different positions in space and time, in the apparent one point in time.

So we understand that the visible universe is no more than a cloud of wave particles that you, through the senses of that body in which you, the mind/spirit is developing, and which body is but a vibrating pattern of wave particles within the greater cosmic cloud, perceive as the visible universe.

The animating principle that has become the universe is called the “Logos’ which is formless and void and yet carries angular and linear momentum. All things came into existence through the Logos, all things that exist were made by and from the Logos, and all that exists, exist for the Logos. The Logos is the singularity in which we exist and yet the Logos exists in us, for the Logos pervades all that is and is the entire universal body.

The mind/spirit in all living things, develops from the experiences and information taken in through the senses of the bodies of all those life forms, and all spirit=information/experience, is imprinted on the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body and is the life of the universe.
The Logos that was in the beginning, by gathering all the spirit of all my ancestors, human and pre-human, has become “Who I Am.”

“Who I Am,” is connected in space-time to its beginning, It has never experienced death, and nor can it die. “I,” the spirit/mind that develops in this body through the experiences and information that is taken in through the senses of this body, am one with, and an extension of “Who I Am.” When this body; skin, muscle, bone, hair, brain matter, etc, has returned to the universal elements from which this body was formed, a facsimile of “I” will remain within the Logos who evolves to become all that this universal body will be.

Then will come the day when this living universal body is rolled up as a scroll with a great hissing noise and the universal elements will become so excited they will burn up and fall as massive columns of fire beyond all measure in height and depth into the Great Abyss, where all that had existed will be condensed back into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, and infinitesimally small singularity that had become this living universal body in which an intellectual Godhead had developed. But that is not the end of I.

For out of that seemingly bottomless pit, will rise the resurrected body in which a supreme personality of Godhead had developed, and I, who became one with and an obedient servant to “Who I Am,” will arise once more as the Godhead dies in the process of involution, in order that we in the process of evolution might live again. And so I repeat, Mind is spirit, and the cosmic cloud of wave particles which are not particles at all, but spirit. Which spiritual cosmic cloud is the ever evolving mind that is God, who is today as he was yesterday and will be into all eternity. He is the only constant, in that he is constantly evolving. Show to me a mind that has ceased to evolve, and I will show to you a mind that has ceased to exist.

Last edited:

S-word

So, s-word...

Do you have any evidence that any of that is true, or do we have to take it on faith?

Matey, you can take it or leave it, I'm not here to gather converts or any thing like that, but simply to reveal the truth to those who are searching for truth. Those who are true to "Who They Are" and are servants to He who has become "Who I Am," and are guided by his spirit, will know that I speak the truth.

Walkntune

Here you are, I just googled this up for you. "There has been extensive research on the presence of mind in our bodies, that suggests that the neuropeptides, chemical substances that form the communication network of our emotions, are present not just in the brain, but everywhere in the body. As Dr. Cadence Pert, chief of brain biochemistry at the National Institute of Mental Health in the US writes, “These findings go beyond the often mentioned concept of power of mind over body. Indeed, the more we know about neuropeptides, the harder it is to think in the traditional terms of a mind and a body. It makes more and more sense of a single integrated entity, a body-mind.
So, while the brain remains the primary analyser, our mind is not located there and is more like an information field spread across the body."
This is interesting. I think one of the reasons medical science fails so miserably in mental health is because it assumes the cause is from a chemical imbalance of the brain. I believe there is a chemical imbalance but it's not the cause but its a symptom. I believe the real issue is repressed emotions which is actually a stored energy in the body that needs to be released.I believe the brain gets out of balance because instead of the victim dealing with the emotional aspect they start trying to rationalize there environment with thinking until they think irrationally and the brain chemicals change.I believe if they focused more on releasing these stored emotions which I think feelings are nothing more than the body releasing positive or negative energy then as they release they start to feel better and the thinking clears up and the brain starts to heal and become balanced.
Instead they medicate themselves stuck in a belief that they have a form of brain sickness (depression or whatever )The belief system plays a major part in a persons mental health so how does one believe they are depressed and not depressed at the same time?
You have to let go and release the energy that is causing the problem which is stored up repressed emotions.(Energy actually in the body) People can feel emotions a lot of times in the stomach.
My success rate dealing with people in rehabs and homeless with issues is much better than medical science although I help as a ministry.

S-word

Ahh right, so faith it is. Good luck with that.

Do you believe that a child that is born lacking the senses of sight, hearing , smell, taste and touch, could ever develop a mind as the godhead to the enclosure of ancestral spirits that is its body? Or do you believe that even if you were able to keep it alive, it would remain, until that body is returned to the universal elements from which it was formed, no more that a living vegetable?

Please answer this through your powers of reasoning.

Do you believe that a child that is born lacking the senses of sight, hearing , smell, taste and touch, could ever develop a mind as the godhead to the enclosure of ancestral spirits that is its body? Or do you believe that even if you were able to keep it alive, it would remain, until that body is returned to the universal elements from which it was formed, no more that a living vegetable?

Please answer this through your powers of reasoning.

Well, as the question seems to be a platitude I don't know that I can give you an answer. If there was an intelligent question in there anywhere, perhaps you could rephrase it in plain english?

Beyondo

Yeah but that is you, you aren't supposed to, it isn't your profession. I would suggest you leave that up to professional people to explain it to you when we have the knowledge to do so. As for the moment, like I said, it is still under investigation.

No that is not just me, there is no commercially available device that can transmit brainwaves between people so as each brain can intepret each other. And there definitely isn't any such device that gives a person an ability to see the future! :facepalm:

We still have much to learn about the human brain and what it is capable of. Too bad you do not understand that. Then again, you aren't supposed to know.

But hey, thanks for your help so far, I have really learned a lot from you, the things we do which you say we can't do, the things we have but you say we can't have. It really does make the mind boggle.

Make up your mind! Its either technology enhancing the brian with somekind of radio transmitter, or you believe that the 1 HZ to 100 Hz signalling that the brain produces can be transmitted into space. But as noted before Radio Frequency starts at 3000 Hz. So the signalling rate of the brain is too low to be transmitted as a RF signal. THAT'S not me making up the minimum frequency that's physics. TRY reading a few layman books on the subject at least! :facepalm:

S-word

Well, as the question seems to be a platitude I don't know that I can give you an answer. If there was an intelligent question in there anywhere, perhaps you could rephrase it in plain english?

Ahh right! So we have no answer to a plain and simple question that my grandchild could understand. I will just repeat it here in order that those who browse these threads might see the difficult question that you cannot even understand, let alone answer.

Surely everyone understands that the evolution from the first organic molecule to the species of mankind, is a pooling of information/Spirit, that was gathered through all the life forms in the evolutionary line that culminated in Mankind, the enclosure of all that gathered information? I tried to dumb it down as much as I could for you, but there you go.

Last edited:

Beyondo

Information field...Interesting term but I would say that mind is very much brain localized than whole body. Information field kinda sounds like a gesult but that just my impression of it. The emotions have been determine to be a result of the Limbic system of the brain. This has been verified by MRI scans and other studies.

The mind is spirit. Immediately after the Big Bang, the primitive universe was nothing but liquid like electromagnetic energy which was in the billion and billions of degrees. As the universal temperature began to cool, the quantum of that liquid-like electromagnetic energy, which is believed to be wave particles which in reality, are not particles at all, as they have zero mass, no electric charge and yet carry angular and linear momentum, which is the animating principle that becomes all that was, is, and ever will be.

All visible matter is but invisible wave particles. What is a rock? Except a gathering of molecules that you perceive as that rock. But what is a molecule? It is no more than a gathering of atoms which are but sub-atomic particles that you perceive as atoms, which sub-atomic particles are simply a gathering together of wave particles, each occupying different positions in space and time, in the apparent one point in time.

So we understand that the visible universe is no more than a cloud of wave particles that you, through the senses of that body in which you, the mind/spirit is developing, and which body is but a vibrating pattern of wave particles within the greater cosmic cloud, perceive as the visible universe.

The animating principle that has become the universe is called the “Logos’ which is formless and void and yet carries angular and linear momentum. All things came into existence through the Logos, all things that exist were made by and from the Logos, and all that exists, exist for the Logos. The Logos is the singularity in which we exist and yet the Logos exists in us, for the Logos pervades all that is and is the entire universal body.

The mind/spirit in all living things, develops from the experiences and information taken in through the senses of the bodies of all those life forms, and all spirit=information/experience, is imprinted on the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body and is the life of the universe.
The Logos that was in the beginning, by gathering all the spirit of all my ancestors, human and pre-human, has become “Who I Am.”

“Who I Am,” is connected in space-time to its beginning, It has never experienced death, and nor can it die. “I,” the spirit/mind that develops in this body through the experiences and information that is taken in through the senses of this body, am one with, and an extension of “Who I Am.” When this body; skin, muscle, bone, hair, brain matter, etc, has returned to the universal elements from which this body was formed, a facsimile of “I” will remain within the Logos who evolves to become all that this universal body will be.

Then will come the day when this living universal body is rolled up as a scroll with a great hissing noise and the universal elements will become so excited they will burn up and fall as massive columns of fire beyond all measure in height and depth into the Great Abyss, where all that had existed will be condensed back into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, and infinitesimally small singularity that had become this living universal body in which an intellectual Godhead had developed. But that is not the end of I.

For out of that seemingly bottomless pit, will rise the resurrected body in which a supreme personality of Godhead had developed, and I, who became one with and an obedient servant to “Who I Am,” will arise once more as the Godhead dies in the process of involution, in order that we in the process of evolution might live again. And so I repeat, Mind is spirit, and the cosmic cloud of wave particles which are not particles at all, but spirit. Which spiritual cosmic cloud is the ever evolving mind that is God, who is today as he was yesterday and will be into all eternity. He is the only constant, in that he is constantly evolving. Show to me a mind that has ceased to evolve, and I will show to you a mind that has ceased to exist.

The rest of this sounds more like a post that belongs in this thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...37-can-universe-virtual-without-designer.html

The system is not a cognitive creator. But why should what imagines our universe and ultimately us have to be conscious?