• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Mind really a spirit?

Beyondo

LOL when wikipedia or the internet for that matter, replace higher education, they will demolish all universities. Until that time, you keep your sources of knowledge, and I will keep mine.:yes:

Ah, as I said before it was just a start...But artificial neural networks have been around for thrity some odd years! Where have you been? Living in a cave? :facepalm:

BTW: In my master's program, which happens to be in Software Engineering, which I earned from the University of Maryland, covered the subject to some degree. :sarcastic

Beyondo

LOL. EEG's detect pure electrical signals, not electrical noise. Albeit if electrical noise was generated, it would detect those as well. Simple fact is, EEG's do not detect any electrical noise, in a normal functioning brain.

Ah, here again a lack of engineering background on footprints' part. If a cable leaks radio energy, despite that the RF energy is a signal it is still considered noise...

Last edited:

footprints

Well I believe thought travels as frequencies of energy and can be picked up by intuition.Many mothers know when something is wrong with their babies even across country before ever hearing any news.Sometimes a person may call or cross your path after you were thinking about them etc...I believe also a form of deja vu

And there is much evidence which supports you.

There is an old saying based on many ancient cultures which goes like this, "When the mind is balanced, pure of thought, only then will it be on the right wave length and frequency, to communicate with heaven." Hindu, Buddhist et al, shorten this somewhat, what they say is, "Only from Nirvana, can you see Utopia." Jesus of course put it like this, "Unless you change and become like this child, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Beyondo

Basically speaking, the human brain is a virtual transmitter and receiver. Providing something is on the same wavelength and frequency, the human brain would be capable of translating it. On the same premise, if it were possible to interconnect one brain to another, thoughts from one brain could be interpreted by the other. All brains work and function in the same way, and the signals from each are identical.

During motor vehicle accidents, some very strange phenomena is alleged to occur. This relates to, the whole immediate world of the victim(s) slowing down to a slow motion state, to many people declaring, that they saw the whole accident occuring before it actually happened. Many others have testified, they could litterally see the other vehicle, see the occupants of the other vehicle, some even knew what they were talking about, when it was totally impossible from their position on the road, to see the vehicle at all.

Wow, religion poured over with techno babel! :punk: Do your antenna pop out of your head like in "My Favorite Martian"? Go ahead and transmit something to me. Be sure to make it intelligible and strong enough to reach me here in Southern California, the Inland Empire to be specific. At least now you know what direction to point your head towards!

Last edited:

Walkntune

And there is much evidence which supports you.

There is an old saying based on many ancient cultures which goes like this, "When the mind is balanced, pure of thought, only then will it be on the right wave length and frequency, to communicate with heaven." Hindu, Buddhist et al, shorten this somewhat, what they say is, "Only from Nirvana, can you see Utopia." Jesus of course put it like this, "Unless you change and become like this child, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
And the issue at hand right now is I believe that this energy frequency is unmeasurable to measuring instruments like that of gravity but I actually believe they are from the same source filling all of our supposed empty space???It has an effect on large bodies like earth but also on smaller bodies like living beings and whatnot.
There may be more to particle entanglement then is known at this time.

Last edited:

footprints

Ah, here again a lack of engineering background on footprints part. If a cable leaks radio energy, despite that the RF energy is a signal it is still considered noise...

That is with engineering. My suggestion would be, clean up your connections, check your screens and make sure you have correct clearances away from power cables and power sources. The human brain isn't a machine.

When I made the switch from electrical engineering, B.A. electrical, to Psychology I had the same problems relating and associating as you do. I kept wanting to relate it and associate to it from the status quo, which I knew. It took me awhile to adjust to the fact, that they were two unrelated scientific disciplines, which happen to operate on a similar premise. The brain operates in near perfect conditions, electrical apparatus, is confined to a changing environment.

You are playing semantics with electrical noise.

footprints

And the issue at hand right now is I believe that this energy frequency is unmeasurable to measuring instruments like that of gravity but I actually believe they are from the same source filling all of our supposed empty space???It has an effect on large bodies like earth but also on smaller bodies like living beings and whatnot.

We can measure it to a certain extent now. Albeit we are still in our infancy in trying to understand it and piece it all together. fMRI opened up many doors which were not available before.

You are not alone in your thinking. There is a lot of evidence which supports your thinking, and a very logical and rational position to take.

Beyondo

That is with engineering. My suggestion would be, clean up your connections, check your screens and make sure you have correct clearances away from power cables and power sources. The human brain isn't a machine.

When I made the switch from electrical engineering, B.A. electrical, to Psychology I had the same problems relating and associating as you do. I kept wanting to relate it and associate to it from the status quo, which I knew. It took me awhile to adjust to the fact, that they were two unrelated scientific disciplines, which happen to operate on a similar premise. The brain operates in near perfect conditions, electrical apparatus, is confined to a changing environment.

You are playing semantics with electrical noise.

No I am not...and the brain is very much a machine. It is made of inanimate matter, amino acids, fats, salts, etc and uses electrical and chemical signalling. You should read "Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self" It was published in 1994, considering the nonsense you're babeling you have a lot to catch up on.

Last edited:

Walkntune

We can measure it to a certain extent now. Albeit we are still in our infancy in trying to understand it and piece it all together. fMRI opened up many doors which were not available before.

You are not alone in your thinking. There is a lot of evidence which supports your thinking, and a very logical and rational position to take.
What is wild to me is I came up with all of this and then realised I was not alone.
It started with realizing a difference between introverts and extroverts and how each recharges there own energy sources(extroverts in crowds and introverts being alone) and I wound up in science forums and learned about string theory and such.Coincidence???
I also know its against mainstream science but so were some of the great scientists.

Last edited:

footprints

No I am not...and the brain is very much a machine. It is made of inanimate matter, amino acids, fats, salts, etc and uses electrical and chemical signalling. You should read "Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self" It was written in 1994, considering the nonsense your babeling you have a lot to catch up on.

You are and you should know you are if your knowledge of electricity is what you are trying to imply it is. Electrical noise is a general referral to nuisance signals. You are playing semantics. In the normal operating brain, under the normal condition range of the human being, the brain just doesn't produce noise of this nature.

What we do have, which shows up in EEG's (as highlighted earlier by tumbleweed) is pure signals. This is further evidenced under MRI where we can map the electrical signal via magnetic imaging, both inside the brain and outside the brain. It is the same signal, they are not losses, but magnitude of amplification. If anything the brain is too efficient, albeit there is a reason for this, even if it ecapes our knowledge at this point in time. Much specualation abounds as in all the reference material you have offered to date.

Beyondo

What is wild to me is I came up with all of this and then realised I was not alone.
It started with realizing a difference between introverts and extroverts and how each recharges there own energy sources(extroverts in crowds and introverts being alone) and I wound up in science forums and learned about string theory and such.Coincidence???
I also know its against mainstream science but so were some of the great scientists.

Ok.. what energy sources? You use the term energy what kind of energy isn't? How do we measure this energy you claim that is some kind of frequency to your mind? Please, please explain it to me. Tell me more than we're going to figure it all out someday, because from the sound of it you already have? :help:

footprints

Coincidence or Providence. I have always wondered where one left off and the other took over.

I wouldn't say coincidence, I would say your own intelligence has led you there. So I would say providence, simply because you were blessed with a higher intelligence and have a need to learn.

There is no mainstream science, there is only science. There is mainsteam or majority belief in science, but just like all other beliefs, it primarily rides on speculation, power of suggestions and how it is related and associated to.

The greatest minds of all time, were great, simply because they looked outside the square others were living in. What this says is, you have a mind of your own, and the intelligence to use it.

Walkntune

Ok.. what energy sources? You use the term energy what kind of energy isn't? How do we measure this energy you claim that is some kind of frequency to your mind? Please, please explain it to me. Tell me more than we're going to figure it all out someday, because from the sound of it you already have? :help:

I believe its the same force from the universe that causes gravity (or is gravity) on large objects.It also has an effect on all objects. I don't believe space is empty.
I believe it is the substance that keeps planets and stars from coliding.
Is it logical to assume that just because A is between B and C, that A keeps B and C from colliding.
Especially when the definition of A (space) is the very lack of ability to interfere with B or C.
I believe only when they get out of balance do they collide and behave just like a cell in our body! Are the cells in our body free floating in empty space or in an energy substance?

Last edited:

footprints

The energy sources are generated by chemical interaction. The brain is a virtual electrochemical generator. The electrical energy of the brain is shown to increase and decrease due to environmental conditions.

You are kidding me right? How do we measure energy in the brain? How do we measure frequency of brain waves? How do we know which frequency is being transmitted when and where?

footprints

Wow, religion poured over with techno babel! :punk: Do your antenna pop out of your head like in "My Favorite Martian"? Go ahead and transmit something to me. Be sure to make it intelligible and strong enough to reach me here in Southern California, the Inland Empire to be specific. At least now you know what direction to point your head towards!

LOL careful now, your antenna are showing. Your loss of argument is making you turn all irrational and illogical.

Beyondo

To which you agreed with his hypothesis and responded:

When I asked Walkntune what energy he was speaking about he responded with:
I believe its the same force from the universe that causes gravity (or is gravity) on large objects.It also has an effect on all objects. I don't believe space is empty.
I believe it is the substance that keeps planets and stars from coliding.
Is it logical to assume that just because A is between B and C, that A keeps B and C from colliding.
Especially when the definition of A (space) is the very lack of ability to interfere with B or C.
I believe only when they get out of balance do they collide and behave just like a cell in our body! Are the cells in our body free floating in empty space or in an energy substance?

And you in turn responded to the same question with:

The energy sources are generated by chemical interaction. The brain is a virtual electrochemical generator. The electrical energy of the brain is shown to increase and decrease due to environmental conditions.

You are kidding me right? How do we measure energy in the brain? How do we measure frequency of brain waves? How do we know which frequency is being transmitted when and where?
But you clearly stated you agreed with Walkntune but you answer above is clearly not what Walkntune is thinking.

So how do you agree with someone who doesn't even remotely have the same idea as you? :shrug:

Beyondo

LOL careful now, your antenna are showing. Your loss of argument is making you turn all irrational and illogical.

No sir, you are the one that is thinking irrationally. 40hz electrical signal produced by an ion pump where by conduction is though an axon and even with the hops over the Nodes of Ranvier couldn't be transmitted through space electromagnetically. Oh but I forgot your physics is beyond what physicist know today. Do a little research about what would be the minimum frequency for an electromagentic wave to travel through space.

Walkntune

But you clearly stated you agreed with Walkntune but you answer above is clearly not what Walkntune is thinking.

So how do you agree with someone who doesn't even remotely have the same idea as you? :shrug:
I never stated my thoughts as a hypothesis but only as a belief system. Science calculates space with formulas as though it is empty but that in itself is also a belief system.
As Tesla stated it “Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.”

Whether Footprints agrees with my line of thinking on the one universal creative source is irrelvant to the fact that we both agree to the fact that we agree on the idea and principals of the effect of the mind. In otherwords people agreed that fire is hot and can find many purposes for its use even before they knew the chemical and logical reasons why.

When Footprints posted this

I know where his line of reasoning is and I know what truth he has come too even though our journey is different and may or may not disagree, I believe our ending destiny is still the same.If we were both to go to the same store but take a different road that brought us to the store then our details of the path will be completely different but the end result the same.

Last edited:

Beyondo

I never stated my thoughts as a hypothesis but only as a belief system. Science calculates space with formulas as though it is empty but that in itself is also a belief system.
As Tesla stated it “Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.”.

Quantum mechanics predicted that space isn't empty. In fact from experimental evidence, the Casmir Effect, it has been proven that space in fact isn't empty. Its called vaccum energy or zero point energy.

Also QM has been the most successful tool man has created yet. Without QM nothing that we use or have discovered in the last 80 years would have happened. Plastics, energy, solid state electronics, chemistry, medicine, nano-technology, DNA, genetics, etc, from that list QM as an invention, that has benefited the evolution of man, is right up there with fire and language!

Whether Footprints agrees with my line of thinking on the one universal creative source is irrelvant to the fact that we both agree to the fact that we agree on the idea and principals of the effect of the mind. In otherwords people agreed that fire is hot and can find many purposes for its use even before they knew the chemical and logical reasons why.

When Footprints posted this

I know where his line of reasoning is and I know what truth he has come too even though our journey is different and may or may not disagree, I believe our ending destiny is still the same.If we were both to go to the same store but take a different road that brought us to the store then our details of the path will be completely different but the end result the same.

Right...truth? :facepalm:

footprints

Walkntune and I had discussed this before, read and you may understand. I knew exactly where walkntune was coming from.

I just gave you the scientific data and how we can prove its existance.