• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Lord responsible for people starving in Africa?

huajiro

Ceridwen018 said:
We're not talking about the bible, we're talking about God. because God created Sin, I'd say he is responsible. What does Jesus Christ have to say about that?
Isn't the "Bible" supposedly the "word of God"?

Ceridwen018

God created evil. Sin was made by a transgression of a law. A law given by God while in fellowship with man. They were both responsible but I suppose its all perspective. Since God is God one could suggest that since he did not stop the transgression God is responsible. It's impossible to know until the end because the end is better then the beginning.
true blood, evil is sin. They are sysnonymous. If no one sinned, there would be no evil. Likewise, if no one did evil things, there would be no sin.

precept

Your question has as much sense as the question Why did God who created all things not have enough power to orchestrate a better place of birth for His Son, than in a bug infested stable for farm animals?

In the answer to the above lies the answer for poverty everythere...that anywhere being in the U.S.A. Africa or Western Europe; developed or under developed countries, not withstanding.

precept

chuck010342

huajiro said:
Noah and his sons were told to "get their groove on" to populate the planet. No one ever said to stop after we started killing each other, did they?

Nope nobody said to stop.

huajiro said:
This is because the Church wants more followers, that is why they don't want homosexual marriages.
The True church doesn't care if a homosexual is married or not.

huajiro said:
The misinterpretation of the "Bible" has caused many "sins".
amen

huajiro said:
The "Bible" doesn't condemn a lot of things it should about what people do today, such as its own misuse for personal gain.
people misuse the bible all the time and it should be stopped.

true blood

Hope said:
What she would want is simply for someone to give her the nourishment she needs and show kindness and compassion to her through their actions. :eek:
Very true. Instead of wasting time accusing God of things, the entire world could solve alot of problems by just showing a little kindness and compassion on others in dire need. It isn't a God issue and it isn't a science issue but more of an issue of the human heart.

true blood

chuck010342 said:
The True church doesn't care if a homosexual is married or not.QUOTE]

Truth. The only marriage we should be overly concerned with is the marriage between Jesus Christ and the called out of Israel. Talk about a same sex marriage! This marriage actually will consist of multiple males and females marrying one man, Jesus Christ.

true blood

Ceridwen018 said:
true blood, evil is sin. They are sysnonymous. If no one sinned, there would be no evil. Likewise, if no one did evil things, there would be no sin.
Um, evil might be sin but is sin then really evil? I think not. In the bible, sin was made by breaking a law. Very simple. If you run a stop sign you break the law. This is sin. Not evil. Now remove the stop sign, the law, and there is no sin, transgression of a law. Would evil still exist? Yes because evil is not the same as sin.

huajiro

true blood said:
Um, evil might be sin but is sin then really evil? I think not. In the bible, sin was made by breaking a law. Very simple. If you run a stop sign you break the law. This is sin. Not evil. Now remove the stop sign, the law, and there is no sin, transgression of a law. Would evil still exist? Yes because evil is not the same as sin.
So now I can burn in Hell for running a stop sign? arggghhh, I am doomed!!!:eek: