• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think that anyone is arguing that Hawaiian people are evolutionarily inferior to English people, are they? Can I ask where you got that impression? Who said they were?
I can't see how anyone can argue that a Neanderthal looks like a typical native Hawaiian. That seems sort of demeaning to both.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone who understands evolution understands that Hawaiian people aren't evolutionary inferior to English people.
Anyone who understands evolution knows that one "race" of human isn't more or less evolved than any other "race" of human.
Anyone that bothered to learn what the characteristics of Neanderthal man were wouldn't waste their time at such a transparent attempt to brand science as racism.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It would be interesting if Neanderthals had survived to today what their opinion would be of Homo sapiens. Through their eyes we would be the weird ones with huge bulbous foreheads.
It is an interesting thought. Some Homo sapiens seem to like to find scapegoats and those to look down on to make themselves feel better. Whether it is physical appearance, education or religious preference.

I don't know if either species would mix that well.

I looked at picture after picture of native Hawaiians and I couldn't find one that looked like that Neanderthal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd rather you just tell me directly. Who suggested Hawaiians look like neanderthals?
Perhaps the only racist person posting here? I remember something about the OP thinking that evolution implies that Europeans evolved from other apes than black people did. That is quite the opposite of what the theory tells us. White people were just people that left Africa and needed more vitamin D in northern climates. Nothing about different apes. In other words, and this drives many creationists nuts, Instead of the darker Africans arising from the children of Ham, you know, the one that Noah cursed. White people arose from black people.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You do realize that common ancestor was single-celled, right? So some cells acquired the organelles for photosynthesis and others did not. They then evolved apart.

Yes, some mutations *from single celled ancestors* eventually lead to animals and others eventually lead to plants. The time between the single celled ancestors and multicellular animals or plants was quite long.
And you believe this all happened (from the beginning onward) by the process of natural selection, right?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You do realize that common ancestor was single-celled, right? So some cells acquired the organelles for photosynthesis and others did not. They then evolved apart.

Yes, some mutations *from single celled ancestors* eventually lead to animals and others eventually lead to plants. The time between the single celled ancestors and multicellular animals or plants was quite long.
You know this about cells acquiring organelles for photosynthesis because ??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is still a most terrifying thing for a large portion of the white conservative reactionary base. That we are not only related but basically the exact same species.

Race is another social construct easily confuted.
It reminds me of an old clip from The Atheist Experience where someone called in and thought that evolution said that black and white people evolved from "different monkeys". Wear at least two pair of oven mitts if you ever hear that in of their replays of classic clips. You will need them.

AdamjEdgar

In other words, and this drives many creationists nuts, Instead of the darker Africans arising from the children of Ham, you know, the one that Noah cursed. White people arose from black people.
Not all Christians believe that, i suppose its possible that the mark of Cain was skin colour. It unfortunately seems that racism appears to be centred around the idea that white is the superior race. I know that the idea of survival of the fittest is claimed by YEC to be a driving force for racism, however, one could also use the argument that the mark of Cain is a driver of racism too...so i don't think either side of the debate are innocent here.

BTW, have we any evidence where black and white children arise from the same parents where both parents are same colour?

Last edited: