• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Scientology a total fraud of a religion?

I heard about crime and black mail by scienologists what is your take?
Scientology is a fraud, I've satirized it in my cartoons

Moved to Religious Debates.

Pah

Uber all member
sillygeezer10 said:
I heard about crime and black mail by scienologists what is your take?
Scientology is a fraud, I've satirized it in my cartoons

Moved to Religious Debates.

The Supreme Court of the United States recognizes Scientology as a religion.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I think if people find comfort and truth and fulfillment in a religion or philosophy in relation to their lives, then it is not a fraud to them, so I would not presume to call it as such.

Scott1

Maize said:
I think if people find comfort and truth and fulfillment in a religion or philosophy in relation to their lives, then it is not a fraud to them, so I would not presume to call it as such.
Amen Maize! :D

Peace,
Scott

phantom

scientology makes more sense to me than other recognized 'religions'

any reasons why this one sticks out like a soar thumb for blackmail and crime? or just rumors?

...I highly doubt they burn people at the stake, now that is criminal :eek:

Ceridwen018

Perhaps we need to lay down a solid definition of religion here. If anything which provides spiritual fullfillment and peace can be called a religion, then I choose to belong to the religion of laying on the beach! Seriously though, I think we'd all agree that a 'true' religion is based on some kind of higher power/diety/whatever. I don't know much about Scientology, but whether or not it's fraudulent depends on where it's 'divine authority' comes from, and whether or not that source is fraudulent.